|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 27 and 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of Charlotte Corday does the Herald apologize to the audience for mentioning?
(a) Her attractiveness.
(b) Her madness.
(c) Her wealth.
(d) Her moral laxness.
2. Who stops Corday from prematurely murdering Marat in Scene 9?
(a) A sister.
3. In Scene 28, Sade says that he wrote his lost masterpiece on what?
(a) The skin of a prostitute.
(c) The walls of a prison cell.
(d) A long roll or paper.
4. Marat never moves from a certain location. What is that location?
(a) A bath.
(b) A bench.
(c) A chair.
(d) A cage.
5. What does the Herald people are in 1808 that they were not in 1793?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 13, what role did the kings hold to the people?
2. From what country is the man who is brutally murdered by Sade's tailor?
3. At the beginning of Scene 8, what does Simone implore Marat to stop doing?
4. What does Coulmier protest he must be when he interrupts the play?
5. With what term does Sade describe the execution of Damiens?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)