|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 27 and 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The song in Scene 10 details Corday's arrival in what town?
2. In Scene 28, Sade says that he wrote his lost masterpiece on what?
(b) The skin of a prostitute.
(c) A long roll or paper.
(d) The walls of a prison cell.
3. What was the subject of the suppressed work that Marat describes in Scene 28?
(c) Social action.
(d) The soul.
4. From what country is the man who is brutally murdered by Sade's tailor?
5. How many years after the Revolution do the events of the play-within-the-play take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Marat's rant in Scene 9, where does he say the Parisian hypocrites where the crown?
2. Which character's name does the Heral mention appearing on Marat's black list in Scene 4?
3. Who anxiously follows behind Marat while the patients carry him on their shoulders in Scene 5?
4. In Scene 14, which prayer does a patient recite in a perverse form?
5. Near the end of Scene 27, what word does Marat say should be abolished?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)