|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 6, Jacques Roux protests that the ruling class controls all of the following except which?
(a) The estates.
(b) The granaries.
(c) The military camps.
(d) The markets.
2. What does Simone tell Corday to do when she sends her away in Scene 9?
(a) Write Marat a letter.
(b) Try back later.
(c) Never return.
(d) Leave Paris at once.
3. What do the assembled inmates do in Scene 3?
(a) Sit quietly.
(b) Assume a pose.
(c) Beat the floor.
4. Which of the following characters is not one of the Singers?
5. What action is Simone performing at the beginning of Scene 3?
(c) Applying Marat's bandage.
(d) Writing a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Marat when the events of the play begin?
2. According to the Herald at the beginning of Scene 7, to what voice is Marat listening as he writes?
3. Which character's name does the Heral mention appearing on Marat's black list in Scene 4?
4. In the beginning of Scene 6, a patient claims that all are free and equal to do what?
5. Which woman in the cast serves as Marat's nurse?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)