|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Jacques Roux's former profession?
2. Who stops Corday from prematurely murdering Marat in Scene 9?
(b) A sister.
3. In what French town is the play's asylum located?
4. What part of Marat's body does Corday she wants to see sweat as she draws her knife?
(a) His back.
(b) His forehead.
(c) His chest.
(d) His armpits.
5. According to Marat, what does one see everywhere one looks in 1793?
(a) His portrait.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Simone tell Corday to do when she sends her away in Scene 9?
2. In Marat's rant in Scene 9, where does he say the Parisian hypocrites where the crown?
3. What object is Marat staring at as he writes at the beginning of Scene 7?
4. Which two animals do the singers invoke to describe Marat in Scene 5?
5. According to the Herald at the beginning of Scene 7, to what voice is Marat listening as he writes?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)