|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what French town is the play's asylum located?
2. What mental affliction does the actor playing Marat have?
(c) Manic depression.
3. Who does the Herald signal in Scene 3?
(b) The Male Nurses.
(d) The Orchestra.
4. At the beginning of Scene 8, what does Simone implore Marat to stop doing?
(a) Staying awake all night.
(c) Scratching himself.
5. Which of the following characters does not have a line in the Homage to Marat?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two animals do the singers invoke to describe Marat in Scene 5?
2. In Scene 6, Jacques Roux protests that the ruling class controls all of the following except which?
3. How old is Marat when the events of the play begin?
4. With what adjective does Coulmier describe the keepers of the asylum in Scene 2?
5. Which woman in the cast serves as Marat's nurse?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)