|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 16, 17, 18, and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two animals do the singers invoke to describe Marat in Scene 5?
(a) Otter and hound.
(b) Wolf and asp.
(c) Cow and bear.
(d) Eagle and wren.
2. In appeasing Coulmier in Scene 18, which is not a group to which the Singers pledge fidelity?
3. Who shouts "Long live the Revolution" midway through the Homage to Marat?
4. Which of the following is not a famous moment of the Revolution mentioned in Scene 5?
(a) The execution of the King.
(b) Danton's death.
(c) The killing of the aristocrats.
(d) The fall of the Bastille.
5. In Scene 14, which prayer does a patient recite in a perverse form?
(a) Hail Mary.
(b) The Apostles Creed.
(c) Our Father.
(d) Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Jacques Roux's former profession?
2. According to Corday's song in Scene 7, to what does Marat's way lead?
3. How many years has the Marquis de Sade been living at Charenton at the time of the play?
4. Who sings to the riled patients at the end of Scene 6?
5. In Scene 7, what does Corday contend is spurting from Marat's hiding place?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)