|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 16, 17, 18, and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Herald, what do Marat and Simone share in addition to a vision of France?
(a) The same parents.
(b) A bed.
(c) Simone's money.
(d) A faith in God.
2. To what does Sade compare Marat's bath in Scene 15?
(a) A dungeon.
(b) A womb.
(d) The ocean.
3. Which of the following groups is not one lambasted by the singers of Scene 5?
4. How many years has the Marquis de Sade been living at Charenton at the time of the play?
5. Which of the following is not an example Coulmier offers of the Church assisting the poor?
(a) Free housing.
(b) Soup kitchens.
(c) Medical aid.
(d) Clothing drives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which philosopher does Corday cite in her song in Scene 7?
2. What part of Marat's body does Corday she wants to see sweat as she draws her knife?
3. In Scene 13, what role did the kings hold to the people?
4. Which of the following is not a term hurled at the poor when a shop is looted?
5. Who separates Duperrat and Corday when the former begins to molest the latter?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)