|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 16, 17, 18, and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Herald at the beginning of Scene 7, to what voice is Marat listening as he writes?
(a) God's voice.
(b) The people's voice.
(c) Simone's voice.
(d) His fever's voice.
2. How many years after the Revolution do the events of the play-within-the-play take place?
3. In what way does Coulmier protest Sade must present his play?
(c) More decent.
(d) More positive.
4. Who stops Corday from prematurely murdering Marat in Scene 9?
(b) A sister.
5. What part of Marat's body does Corday she wants to see sweat as she draws her knife?
(a) His back.
(b) His armpits.
(c) His chest.
(d) His forehead.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 6, Jacques Roux protests that the ruling class controls all of the following except which?
2. Where did Corday spend her youth?
3. From what country is the man who is brutally murdered by Sade's tailor?
4. In Scene 13, what does Marat say is the essential lie the ruling class gave the poor?
5. What right's inclusion in the Revolution's declaration does Marat lament at the end of Scene 15?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)