|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 16, 17, 18, and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two animals do the singers invoke to describe Marat in Scene 5?
(a) Wolf and asp.
(b) Eagle and wren.
(c) Cow and bear.
(d) Otter and hound.
2. Which of the following is not an example Coulmier offers of the Church assisting the poor?
(a) Medical aid.
(b) Soup kitchens.
(c) Clothing drives.
(d) Free housing.
3. Which of the following is not something that Duperret accuses Mara of being in Scene 17?
(a) A layabout.
(b) A dictator.
(c) A salesman.
(d) A Jew.
4. According to the Herald at the beginning of Scene 7, to what voice is Marat listening as he writes?
(a) God's voice.
(b) Simone's voice.
(c) The people's voice.
(d) His fever's voice.
5. At the end of Scene 5, the Herald announces that unrest has been replace by what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What right's inclusion in the Revolution's declaration does Marat lament at the end of Scene 15?
2. What does Simone tell Corday to do when she sends her away in Scene 9?
3. In Scene 12, Marat accuses Sade of lacking what?
4. What is the forbidden word that that Duperret says France is speaking at the end of Scene 17?
5. As Marat and Sade argue in Scene 15, what does Sade conclude no longer interests him?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)