|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 22, 23, 24, 25, and 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Marat and Sade argue in Scene 15, what does Sade conclude no longer interests him?
(b) The Revolution.
(c) The individual.
2. In Scene 5, Kokol quips to Marat that Paris facing a shortage of what?
3. Who anxiously follows behind Marat while the patients carry him on their shoulders in Scene 5?
4. What part of the new ruling class's body is enormous, according to Kokol?
(a) Their heads.
(b) Their stomachs.
(c) Their arses.
(d) Their genitals.
5. With what term does Sade describe the execution of Damiens?
(a) A festival.
(b) A ritual.
(c) A horrorshow.
(d) An exorcism.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 13, what does Marat say is the essential lie the ruling class gave the poor?
2. In the beginning of Scene 6, a patient claims that all are free and equal to do what?
3. Which of the following vocations is not mentioned among Sage's eight fictional artisans in Scene 24?
4. In Scene 23, what does Marat warn the rich will do the the poor at a moment's notice?
5. What does Coulmier protest he must be when he interrupts the play?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)