|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 22, 23, 24, 25, and 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word do the patients chant in unison in Scene 6?
2. With what term does Sade describe the execution of Damiens?
(a) An exorcism.
(b) A horrorshow.
(c) A ritual.
(d) A festival.
3. In Scene 13, what role did the kings hold to the people?
4. What Holocaust term does Sade use in describing mankind's inclination to kill in Scene 12?
(a) Concentration camp.
(b) Master race.
(d) Final solution.
5. Which two animals do the singers invoke to describe Marat in Scene 5?
(a) Cow and bear.
(b) Eagle and wren.
(c) Otter and hound.
(d) Wolf and asp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following vocations is not mentioned among Sage's eight fictional artisans in Scene 24?
2. What doe the Singers complain still goes on in secret at the end of Scene 24?
3. What was the former profession of the interrupting patient in Scene 14?
4. According to Sade at the beginning of Scene 15, what we do is the shadow of what?
5. Who shouts "Long live the Revolution" midway through the Homage to Marat?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)