|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 22, 23, 24, 25, and 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 6, Jacques Roux protests that the ruling class controls all of the following except which?
(a) The markets.
(b) The estates.
(c) The military camps.
(d) The granaries.
2. What affliction of Marat does the Schoolmaster mock in Scene 26?
(a) A skin disease.
(b) A chronic fever.
(c) A lisp.
(d) A stutter.
3. Which two animals do the singers invoke to describe Marat in Scene 5?
(a) Wolf and asp.
(b) Eagle and wren.
(c) Cow and bear.
(d) Otter and hound.
4. Who shouts "Long live the Revolution" midway through the Homage to Marat?
5. In Scene 23, what does Marat warn the rich will do the the poor at a moment's notice?
(a) Burn down their homes.
(b) Have them killed.
(c) Send them to war.
(d) Turn them out on the streets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a famous moment of the Revolution mentioned in Scene 5?
2. From what country is the man who is brutally murdered by Sade's tailor?
3. Who speaks the final words of the first act?
4. In the beginning of Scene 6, a patient claims that all are free and equal to do what?
5. Which of the following is not an example Coulmier offers of the Church assisting the poor?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)