|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 22, 23, 24, 25, and 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Holocaust term does Sade use in describing mankind's inclination to kill in Scene 12?
(a) Concentration camp.
(c) Final solution.
(d) Master race.
2. From what country is the man who is brutally murdered by Sade's tailor?
3. In Scene 23, what does Marat warn the rich will do the the poor at a moment's notice?
(a) Turn them out on the streets.
(b) Send them to war.
(c) Burn down their homes.
(d) Have them killed.
4. How does Sade characterize the process by which Revolutionaries dole out death sentences?
5. In Scene 14, which prayer does a patient recite in a perverse form?
(a) Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep.
(b) Hail Mary.
(c) Our Father.
(d) The Apostles Creed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Marat's Liturgy, which of the following is not a group that he accuses of lying to the poor?
2. In the beginning of Scene 6, a patient claims that all are free and equal to do what?
3. What historical figure did Damiens try to assassinate?
4. What doe the Singers complain still goes on in secret at the end of Scene 24?
5. As the chorus sings about the Revolution, what body part do they say is bleeding?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)