|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 22, 23, 24, 25, and 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sade characterize the process by which Revolutionaries dole out death sentences?
2. In what way does Coulmier protest Sade must present his play?
(b) More decent.
(c) More positive.
3. Who speaks the final words of the first act?
4. In Scene 5, Kokol quips to Marat that Paris facing a shortage of what?
5. Who is the first voice from Marat's past to speak in Scene 26?
(a) His schoolmaster.
(b) A military representative.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Coulmier protest he must be when he interrupts the play?
2. What doe the Singers complain still goes on in secret at the end of Scene 24?
3. At the end of Scene 5, the Herald announces that unrest has been replace by what?
4. As Marat and Sade argue in Scene 15, what does Sade conclude no longer interests him?
5. Which of the follow is not something the singers of Scene 5 suggest be done to the ruling class of 1793?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)