Act 1, Scenes 1, 2, and 3
* The cast, Sade, and Coulmier enter the bathhouse
* Coulmier welcomes the audience to the play
* The Herald signals the beginning of the play.
Act 1, Scene 4
* The Herald introduces the characters of the play
* The Herald introduces the Marquis de Sade
* The Herald calls for the opening song
Act 1, Scenes 5 and 6
* The actors explain the political situation of 1793.
* The actors call upon Marat for help.
* Coulmier warns the players to be more objective in their historical representations.
Act 1, Scenes 7, 8, and 9
* The Herald introduces Corday
* Marat feverishly works on his call to the nation.
* Corday visits Marat the first time and nearly stabs him
Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11
* Corday arrives in Paris.
* Corday describes the horrors of the Revolution.
* Marat rants against the fear of the aristocracy
Act 1, Scenes 12, 13, 14, and 15
* Sade and Marat argue the merits of violent social action.
* Marat lambastes the Church.
* Marat decries the inclusion...
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)