|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to most of the shops in town after the evacuation?
(a) They have been closed.
(b) They have been bombed.
(c) They have been sold.
(d) They have been abandoned.
2. To what city are Carla and Ben evacuated when they leave Tripoli?
3. Which of the following communication devices goes dead in Carla's apartment at the outbreak of the war?
(a) The television.
(b) The computer.
(c) The radio.
(d) The telephone.
4. What sound does Mantini listen to from his bedroom after the evacuation?
(a) The silence in the streets.
(b) The crying of children.
(c) The shouting of the mobs.
(d) The screaming of women.
5. What treasure does Carla find while enjoying her picnic meal with Mantini?
(a) A piece of silver.
(b) A piece of copper.
(c) A piece of gold.
(d) A piece of glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters was NOT abandoned by their loved one in the story?
2. After dinner, when Ben brings up his topic of discussion, how does he deliver his arguments?
3. During the evacuation, which of the following floods the streets, making it difficult for Carla to maneuver?
4. How does Mantini feel about the food he purchases in town after the evacuation?
5. Which of the following does Carla listen to over the air base broadcaster?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)