|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Carla listen to over the air base broadcaster?
(a) Evacuation plans.
(b) War strikes.
(c) Air raid whistles.
(d) Police reports.
2. After returning from town, what possession of Carla's does Mantini find?
(a) Her hair brush.
(b) Her sweater.
(c) Her necklace.
(d) Her book.
3. Which of the following do Carla and Ben stop to read in a shop window?
(a) A certificate of authenticity.
(b) A fire safety guide.
(c) A gubernatorial recommendation.
(d) A newspaper article.
4. What does Mantini do with the few possessions he has in his home after the evacuation?
(a) He abandons them.
(b) He packs them.
(c) He burns them.
(d) He sells them.
5. Which of the following communication devices goes dead in Carla's apartment at the outbreak of the war?
(a) The computer.
(b) The television.
(c) The telephone.
(d) The radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Carla reaches the air force base, who does she leave a note for, hoping it will one day be delivered?
2. Which of the following is NOT a step Carla would have to take if she wanted to marry Mantini?
3. Which of the following does Carla pack in order to remember her time with Mantini?
4. After being evacuated from Tripoli, how does Carla feel about divorcing Ben?
5. Where does Carla stash the cash on her body in case she is accosted as she attempts to evacuate?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)