|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lucia die?
(a) She died in childbirth.
(b) She had a heart attack.
(c) She was hit by a car.
(d) She drowned.
2. Who has custody of Mantini's child?
(a) Mantini's father.
(b) Mantini's mother.
(c) Lucia's mother.
(d) Lucia's father.
3. What vegetable does Mantini compare Lucia to on the night she met with Dan?
(a) An avocado.
(b) A cucumber.
(c) A potato.
(d) An eggplant.
4. How long had Ben been living in Tripoli before sending for Carla?
(a) Three months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Twelve months.
5. Which of the following adjectives does Mantini use to describe Lucia's body during her pregnancy?
Short Answer Questions
1. While discussing their new life in Tripoli, what realization does Carla make about her marriage to Ben?
2. What is "Giaddat Istiklal"?
3. What animal is printed on Carla's skirt, which Mantini admires?
4. In what year is "The Map of Tripoli" set?
5. In what country is Tripoli located?
Short Essay Questions
1. When he remembers the dance, how does Mantini feel about Carla?
2. What happens when Carla and Mantini take a drive through the deserted Roman city?
3. What does Carla think about as she is on the military plane being evacuated from Tripoli?
4. How has religion affected Mantini's decision to stay in Tripoli even during the evacuation?
5. Where are the evacuees, taken from Tripoli, dropped off?
6. How does Mantini deal with Carla's order for crystal goblets?
7. What happens to Carla during her first attempt to visit Mantini's crystal shop?
8. How does Mantini feel about Lucia's death, and how does it affect his daily life?
9. How does Ben bring up the topic of divorce to Carla?
10. How does Mantini describe Tripoli after the evacuation?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)