|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of her body is Carla self-conscious of when Mantini first greets her in his shop?
(a) Her stomach.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her feet.
2. What emotion does Mantini feel when he remembers Dan?
3. Which of the following best describes Ben's emotions toward Carla, as he expressed them over dinner?
4. How does Ben react to the watcher's request in exchange for watching his car?
(a) He does not acknowledge the request.
(b) He refuses the request.
(c) He promises more than what was requested.
(d) He agrees to the request.
5. At the time of the novel, how long has Lucia been dead?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Four years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country is Tripoli located?
2. Which of the following is Ben most willing to invest his money into?
3. Which of the following scented items does Mantini scrub into Carla's skin?
4. What type of car does Carla drive?
5. Which of the following papers is NOT included in the secret envelope that Ben leaves for Carla?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it about the cafe Mantini visits after the evacuation that gives him hope about the war?
2. How does Mantini feel about Lucia's death, and how does it affect his daily life?
3. What realizations does Carla make about her marriage to Ben while the two are conversing over dinner?
4. Why doesn't Carla return to Libya after the evacuation?
5. What job does Carla get at the American Embassy in Rome?
6. What conflict arose when Mantini found Ben and Lucia dancing together at a party?
7. What does Carla pack when she is forced to evacuate Tripoli?
8. When he remembers the dance, how does Mantini feel about Carla?
9. How does Ben feel about Carla's affair with Mantini?
10. How does Carla react to the news that Mantini probably perished during the mob attacks in Tripoli?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)