|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do Carla and Ben wait at the evacuation site before leaving?
(a) A few days.
(b) A few months.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A few hours.
2. Which of the following food items does Carla take with her while evacuating?
(a) Carla does not bring any food with her.
3. What do Ben and Carla decide, together, is the reason why their relationship will never work?
(a) They blame their inability to communicate.
(b) They blame Ben's infidelities.
(c) They blame Carla's affair.
(d) They do not place blame in their relationship.
4. During the evacuation, which of the following floods the streets, making it difficult for Carla to maneuver?
5. Where does Carla stash the cash on her body in case she is accosted as she attempts to evacuate?
(a) In her back pocket.
(b) In her shoes.
(c) In her panties.
(d) In her brassier.
6. How does Mantini feel about the cafe owners who have kept their shop open during wartime?
(a) They are brave.
(b) They are confused.
(c) They are foolish.
(d) They are apathetic.
7. After Ben and Carla go out for dinner, on their first night away from the evacuation site, what do they do?
(a) They walk along the beach.
(b) They visit the local church.
(c) They go window shopping.
(d) They call home to speak with their parents.
8. How does Carla react to the idea of marrying Mantini?
(a) She is terrified that Ben would never allow it.
(b) She thinks it would be too complicated.
(c) She is excited at the possibility.
(d) She does not think Mantini would ever ask her.
9. What smell pervades Mantini's senses as he is shopping in town?
(a) Coffee beans roasting.
(b) Wildflowers in bloom.
(c) The salty sea breeze.
(d) Fires smoking.
10. What does Ben admit is the one part about Carla he never liked?
(a) Her nose.
(b) Her legs.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her mouth.
11. What expensive item does Carla leave behind in order to have room in her bag for her memories of Mantini?
(a) A heavy bank safe.
(b) A diamond necklace.
(c) A pair of emerald earrings.
(d) A sterling silver picture frame.
12. What treasure does Carla find while enjoying her picnic meal with Mantini?
(a) A piece of gold.
(b) A piece of copper.
(c) A piece of silver.
(d) A piece of glass.
13. What meal do Carla and Mantini enjoy together on their first public outing?
14. Once reaching the base, how is Carla evacuated from Tripoli?
(a) By boat.
(b) By train.
(c) By plane.
(d) By taxi.
15. After returning from town, what possession of Carla's does Mantini find?
(a) Her book.
(b) Her hair brush.
(c) Her sweater.
(d) Her necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Carla listen to over the air base broadcaster?
2. Which of the following metaphors does Carla use to describe the way she, and the other passengers, were dropped at the air force base after the evacuation?
3. Which of the following is NOT a reason Mantini gives himself as to why he decided to stay in Tripoli?
4. When Mantini describes the blood involved in Lucia's death, what fruit does he compare the color to?
5. When Carla begins to bleed during the evacuation, who does she realize injured her?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)