|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What meal do Carla and Mantini enjoy together on their first public outing?
2. Which of the following does Carla pack in order to remember her time with Mantini?
(a) Scented crime.
(b) Pieces of glass.
(c) Restaurant receipts.
(d) A picnic blanket.
3. When Carla thinks about divorcing Ben, what does she tell him he can have custody of?
(a) Their pain.
(b) Their children.
(c) Their dog.
(d) Their past.
4. What expensive item does Carla leave behind in order to have room in her bag for her memories of Mantini?
(a) A diamond necklace.
(b) A pair of emerald earrings.
(c) A heavy bank safe.
(d) A sterling silver picture frame.
5. What does Ben say when he confronts Carla about her affair with Mantini?
(a) Ben accuses Mantini of taking advantage of Carla.
(b) Ben accuses Carla of never loving him.
(c) Ben calls both Mantini and Carla "good for nothings".
(d) Ben never confronts Carla.
6. After being evacuated from Tripoli, how does Carla feel about divorcing Ben?
(a) She has not thought about divorce since the evacuation.
(b) She no longer considers it an option.
(c) She is more confused than ever at the thought of divorcing Ben.
(d) She thinks it would be a smart decision.
7. What deserted city do Mantini and Carla visit together while taking a long drive?
(a) A Roman city.
(b) An Egyptian city.
(c) A Parsi city.
(d) A Greek city.
8. What request does Mantini make of Carla during his first visit to her home?
(a) He asks Carla to have a child with him.
(b) He asks Carla to run away with him.
(c) He asks Carla to marry him.
(d) He asks that Carla leave Ben.
9. While in the deserted city, what does Mantini admit to Carla?
(a) That he wants to marry her.
(b) That he loves her.
(c) That he needs her.
(d) That he misses her.
10. Where does Mantini eat and drink his purchases from town, after the evacuation?
(a) In his car.
(b) On the street curb.
(c) In his shop.
(d) In his home.
11. How does Mantini feel about the food he purchases in town after the evacuation?
(a) He comments that the food is moldy.
(b) He comments that the food is desperate.
(c) He comments that the food is beautiful.
(d) He comments that the food is bland.
12. Which of the following is NOT one of the items Carla packs before evacuating?
(a) Family photos.
13. When Carla is evacuated from Tripoli, which of the following emotions best describes her state when she lands safely at the air force base?
14. When Carla begins to bleed during the evacuation, who does she realize injured her?
(a) Mohammad injured her.
(b) She injured herself.
(c) Mantini injured her.
(d) Ben injured her.
15. Which of the following food items does Carla take with her while evacuating?
(a) Carla does not bring any food with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. After returning from town, what possession of Carla's does Mantini find?
2. After Ben and Carla go out for dinner, on their first night away from the evacuation site, what do they do?
3. Which of the following does Carla jokingly blame for starting her affair with Mantini?
4. How long do Carla and Ben wait at the evacuation site before leaving?
5. How does Carla react to Mantini's request on the first day he visits her home?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)