|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Mantini's emotions when he drives into town searching for food and drink?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Ben's view of Carla when they leave the restaurant after the evacuation?
3. After being evacuated from Tripoli, how does Carla feel about divorcing Ben?
(a) She has not thought about divorce since the evacuation.
(b) She is more confused than ever at the thought of divorcing Ben.
(c) She thinks it would be a smart decision.
(d) She no longer considers it an option.
4. After dinner, when they have been safely evacuated from Tripoli, which of the following topics does Ben bring up for discussion?
(b) Moving back to America.
(c) Adopting a puppy.
(d) Having children.
5. Which of the following is NOT a landmark Carla sees through the window as she is being evacuated from Tripoli?
(a) The beach where she and Mantini had a picnic.
(b) Her house in Tripoli.
(c) Mantini's shop.
(d) The restuarant where she met Ben.
6. Which of the following types of bread does Mantini buy in town after the evacuation?
7. Which of the following metaphors does Carla use to describe the way she, and the other passengers, were dropped at the air force base after the evacuation?
(a) "Dropped like dead weight."
(b) "Dropped like baggage."
(c) "Dropped like stones."
(d) "Dropped like anvils."
8. When Carla begins to bleed during the evacuation, who does she realize injured her?
(a) She injured herself.
(b) Mohammad injured her.
(c) Ben injured her.
(d) Mantini injured her.
9. How long do Carla and Ben wait at the evacuation site before leaving?
(a) A few days.
(b) A few months.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A few hours.
10. After returning from town, what possession of Carla's does Mantini find?
(a) Her hair brush.
(b) Her necklace.
(c) Her sweater.
(d) Her book.
11. Where do Carla and Mantini enjoy their picnic meal during their first public outing?
(a) The garden.
(b) The park.
(c) The beach.
(d) The river.
12. How much cash does Carla pack when she runs out of the house?
(a) Hundreds of dollars.
(b) A few single, one-dollar bills.
(c) One twenty-dollar bill.
(d) Fifty dollars.
13. What deserted city do Mantini and Carla visit together while taking a long drive?
(a) A Parsi city.
(b) A Roman city.
(c) A Greek city.
(d) An Egyptian city.
14. What do Ben and Carla decide, together, is the reason why their relationship will never work?
(a) They blame their inability to communicate.
(b) They blame Carla's affair.
(c) They do not place blame in their relationship.
(d) They blame Ben's infidelities.
15. When Carla finds the treasure on her picnic with Mantini, what body part does she think the treasure looks like?
(a) A pair of lips.
(b) An eye.
(c) A heart.
(d) A breast.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in the deserted city, what does Mantini admit to Carla?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the items Carla packs before evacuating?
3. What beverage is the only type Mantini can purchase after the evacuation?
4. During the evacuation, which of the following floods the streets, making it difficult for Carla to maneuver?
5. What is the only contact Mantini has with the outside world after the evacuation?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)