|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ben react when he hears that Carla's car has been vandalized?
(a) He is amused.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is sympathetic.
(d) He is furious.
2. When Carla returns to the car after her meal, what is missing?
(a) The muffler.
(b) A windsheild wiper.
(c) A door.
(d) A hubcap.
3. How long had Ben been living in Tripoli before sending for Carla?
(a) Three months.
(b) Nine months.
(c) Twelve months.
(d) Six months.
4. Which of the following is NOT something Ben has adopted from the Libyan locals during his time in Tripoli?
5. What is the first thing Carla wants to talk about with Ben over their meal?
(a) Having a baby.
(b) Moving back to America.
(c) Refurbishing their home.
(d) Hiring a servant.
6. How does Mantini feel about his seduction of Carla?
(a) He is not interested in seducing Carla.
(b) He is worried about Ben's retalliation for the seduction of his wife.
(c) He does not know if Carla is interested in him.
(d) He knows he could seduce Carla easily.
7. How does Ben react to the watcher's request in exchange for watching his car?
(a) He refuses the request.
(b) He agrees to the request.
(c) He does not acknowledge the request.
(d) He promises more than what was requested.
8. What emotion does Mantini feel when he remembers Dan?
9. After witnessing Dan and Lucia together, who does Mantini confront?
(a) Both of them.
(b) Neither of them.
10. After Carla arrives in Tripoli, where does Ben travel for work?
11. After witnessing Ben's interaction with the watcher, which of the following best describes Carla's reaction?
12. Which of the following is Ben most willing to invest his money into?
(a) His home.
(c) His car.
(d) His marriage.
13. When Ben pushes Carla onto the terrace, what part of her body is cut?
(a) Her shoulder.
(b) Her neck.
(c) Her wrist.
(d) Her thigh.
14. What animal is printed on Carla's skirt, which Mantini admires?
(a) A fish.
(b) A lion.
(c) A rooster.
(d) A bull.
15. Why does Carla abandon her car in the street on her way to Mantini's shop?
(a) Because she ran out of gas.
(b) Because of the traffic.
(c) Because the radiator overheated.
(d) Because of a flat tire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the word "ebrio" mean?
2. Which of the following scented items does Mantini scrub into Carla's skin?
3. What is "Giaddat Istiklal"?
4. Which of the following is the best translation for the Libyan word "baksheesh"?
5. What country was Dan from?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)