|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following metaphors does Carla use to describe the way she, and the other passengers, were dropped at the air force base after the evacuation?
(a) "Dropped like anvils."
(b) "Dropped like stones."
(c) "Dropped like dead weight."
(d) "Dropped like baggage."
2. When Carla finds the treasure on her picnic with Mantini, what body part does she think the treasure looks like?
(a) A heart.
(b) A breast.
(c) An eye.
(d) A pair of lips.
3. What expensive item does Carla leave behind in order to have room in her bag for her memories of Mantini?
(a) A heavy bank safe.
(b) A diamond necklace.
(c) A sterling silver picture frame.
(d) A pair of emerald earrings.
4. What is the name of the home where Mantini lives?
(a) The Casa de Amor.
(b) The Mantini Mansion.
(c) The Villa Cappellini.
(d) The Tripoli House.
5. What has happened to most of the shops in town after the evacuation?
(a) They have been abandoned.
(b) They have been closed.
(c) They have been sold.
(d) They have been bombed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mantini's child live?
2. After Lucia's death, what does Mantini admit to sometimes struggling with?
3. When Mantini returns home from work, what does he notice in the corner, covered in lace and ruffles?
4. When Ben pushes Carla onto the terrace, what part of her body is cut?
5. As Carla is evacuated from the city, what part of her body begins to bleed?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)