|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best translation for the Libyan word "baksheesh"?
2. What type of events does Ben ask Carla to attend with him?
3. While discussing their new life in Tripoli, what realization does Carla make about her marriage to Ben?
(a) That it is a marriage of deep love and understanding.
(b) That it is a marriage of appearance.
(c) That it is an arranged marriage.
(d) That it is a marriage of convenience.
4. After witnessing Dan and Lucia together, who does Mantini confront?
(b) Both of them.
(c) Neither of them.
5. How long had Ben been living in Tripoli before sending for Carla?
(a) Twelve months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Three months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the watcher who agrees to keep an eye on Ben's car?
2. What meal do Carla and Ben meet for on the first day of their reunion?
3. How does Mohammad get to Carla's house for work?
4. Which of the following male characters believes that men have "husbandly rights," and that women "belong" to their husbands?
5. Which of the following is Ben most willing to invest his money into?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)