|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the people Scott says he is worried about?
2. What does the torturer use to hit the soles of Julien's feet?
3. With what do the vets diagnose Bill?
4. In which city is Bill in chapter eleven?
5. Whose consent does Brita say she needs to publish the photos?
Short Essay Questions
1. What signs are there that Karen is getting ill?
2. What does Charlie say he wants to do in terms of publishing?
3. What does Karen do with the spoon?
4. Who is Omar and how does he help Karen?
5. What does Bill think about Charlie?
6. How does Karen become acquainted with the homeless people?
7. What does Scott contemplate in Bill's office?
8. Why doesn't George like using a word processor?
9. What does Brita see from her bombed out apartment at the end of this section?
10. What does Scott find out about Bill in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the author's views on the following subjects.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1970s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)