|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brita stop taking photos of poor people?
2. What does Scott needle Bill about?
3. Where did Scott find Bill had taken refuge?
4. Where doKaren and Scott talk about Karen's problems?
5. Why does the man go back to his desk?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brita come to the conclusion that she wants to photograph only writers?
2. How does Charlie say he is dealing with his current crop of moaning writers?
3. With what does Scott say he has experience since his time in the city?
4. How does the author describe Reverend Moon?
5. Why doesn't Karen think Scott minds her sleeping with Bill?
6. What is Karen watching on television?
7. How does Karen escape her cousins at the airport?
8. What does Karen think of her parents?
9. Describe the tour of Bill's house.
10. Why does Karen both scare and delight Bill?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the author's views on the following subjects.
Essay Topic 2
What parallels does the author draw between terrorism and writing? What are the strengths and weaknesses of this comparison?
Essay Topic 3
What does Haddad mean when he says that terrorism defends against the defenseless? What are the arguments for and against his statement?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)