|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which dictator does Scott compare Bill ?
2. Who is Bill going to see just before he boards the ferry?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A dentist.
3. What does the torturer use to hit the soles of Julien's feet?
(b) A whip.
(c) A stick.
(d) A rod.
4. Who does Scott think about meeting in New York?
5. Where does George Haddard approach Bill and Charlie?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brita surprised to see when she is talking to Rashid?
2. What is the hostage's name?
3. Whose consent does Brita say she needs to publish the photos?
4. What is the name of Bill's daughter?
5. What accent does Karen imitate while in bed with Scott?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brita react to Rashid's comments about Mao?
2. What is the plan that Charlie lays out for Bill?
3. Who is Omar and how does he help Karen?
4. What does Brita see from her bombed out apartment at the end of this section?
5. What does Karen watch on TV at Brita's apartment?
6. Summarize the novel.
7. How does the author describe George Haddad?
8. Why does Charlie say George is an interesting sort of academic?
9. Describe the part of Beirut Brita is driving through at the beginning of the section.
10. What does Bill argue about with George Haddad?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)