|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George keep suggesting that Bill use?
(a) A typewriter.
(b) A pen.
(c) A gun.
(d) A word processor.
2. What passes by Brita's window at the end of the novel?
(a) A wedding.
(b) An army.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A demonstration.
3. Why do Charlie and Bill have to evacuate the building?
(a) There is a bad smell.
(b) There is a fire.
(c) There is a rat problem.
(d) There is a bomb alert.
4. Who are the people Scott says he is worried about?
(a) Bill's family.
(b) The police.
(c) The publishers.
(d) The terroists.
5. What does the old man take from Bill?
(a) His false teeth.
(b) His pills.
(c) His wig.
(d) His ID.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Brita say the driver says several times?
2. What secret does Scott say he holds?
3. What does Rashid say women should carry?
4. With whom does Julien imagine having a conversation?
5. Who does the graffiti say should go home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Omar and how does he help Karen?
2. What does Rashid say about the identity of the people of his nation?
3. For what does Scott tell Karen they need to prepare?
4. What does Karen watch on TV at Brita's apartment?
5. Why is it unlikely anyone will identify Bill's body?
6. What does Scott contemplate in Bill's office?
7. What do Karen and Scott do the following day?
8. Summarize the novel.
9. What does Bill think about Charlie?
10. How does Brita react to Rashid's comments about Mao?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)