|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Haddard say terrorism defends?
(a) Religious people.
(b) The defenseless.
(c) The government.
2. What is the name of the sect leader?
(a) LaToyah Petersen.
(b) Abu Rashid.
(c) Po Taballah.
(d) Kyu Kymani.
3. Who does Bill think about for the first time at the end of this section?
(a) The hostage.
(b) His son.
(d) His daughter.
4. What does Scott clean in this section?
(a) Bill's typewriter.
(b) Bill's underwear.
(c) Bill's bathroom.
(d) Bill's room.
5. What does the old man take from Bill?
(a) His false teeth.
(b) His wig.
(c) His pills.
(d) His ID.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Brita say the driver says several times?
2. To which dictator does Scott compare Bill ?
3. With whom does Julien imagine having a conversation?
4. In which city does the epilogue take place?
5. What does Karen call Brita's world tour?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't George like using a word processor?
2. What does Karen do with the spoon?
3. How does the boy torture the prisoner?
4. What do Karen and Scott do the following day?
5. What does Karen watch on TV at Brita's apartment?
6. How does Brita react to Rashid's comments about Mao?
7. What does Scott find out about Bill in this section?
8. How does Bill die in this section?
9. What does Rashid say about the identity of the people of his nation?
10. Summarize the novel.
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)