|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scott say someone sent Bill in the mail in the sixties?
(a) A severed toe.
(b) A severed ear.
(c) A severed finger.
(d) A severed nose.
2. Where does Brita say she hates to talk?
3. What does Brita tell Bill she feels in his company?
(a) Like a real woman.
(c) Scared and nervous.
(d) Like she has always known him.
4. What does Bill ask the guard in the reception area?
(a) If he can borrow a quarter.
(b) Where the bathroom is.
(c) If he has a gun.
(d) Where he can buy food.
5. Why does Brita stop taking photos of poor people?
(a) They start to look beautiful.
(b) It isn't enough money.
(c) She hates poor people.
(d) She is getting ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last word of Chapter Six?
2. What does Bill describe to Brita?
3. Why doesn't Bill want his third novel published?
4. Where doKaren and Scott talk about Karen's problems?
5. What kind of logic does Karen say her father will be using?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bill say binds terrorists and writers?
2. What does Karen say American culture does with the word 'cult'?
3. With what does Scott say he has experience since his time in the city?
4. What does Karen think of her parents?
5. Why does Scott say that he tells Bill what he does?
6. What does Charlie say is Bill's idea of a writer's life?
7. What has happened to Bill in Chapter Eight?
8. What does Brita think is special about the writer's face?
9. Describe the tour of Bill's house.
10. What is Karen watching on television?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)