|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Charlie ask Bill to go with him to help with the hostages?
(a) Tel Aviv.
2. What kind of writers does Brita say she prefers?
(a) Celebrity writers.
(b) Generic writers.
(c) Old writers.
(d) Obscure writers.
3. What was Reverend Moon's hut made of?
(a) Ration tins.
(b) Toothpaste tubes.
(c) Pine wood.
(d) Mud bricks.
4. What can Brita and Scott hear Bill doing in this section?
(b) Chopping wood.
(d) Running a bath.
5. What does Brita take from Bill's work room?
(a) A piece of paper.
(b) A pen.
(c) A book.
(d) A cigarette.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what author does the young man like to check the shelves?
2. Why does Brita stop taking photos of poor people?
3. What famous building can Brita see form her apartment window?
4. For what is the man at the window waiting to appear?
5. In which country is the young man being held hostage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maureen joke that is the only reason there are so few American faces?
2. What does Bill say binds terrorists and writers?
3. Why does Karen both scare and delight Bill?
4. Why doesn't Karen think Scott minds her sleeping with Bill?
5. When does Bill say he felt good as a child?
6. How does Charlie want Bill to help him with the hostage in Beirut?
7. What does Charlie remember fondly about the fifties?
8. How does Charlie say he is dealing with his current crop of moaning writers?
9. How does Scott meet Bill?
10. How does Karen escape her cousins at the airport?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)