|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whose funeral does Karen become obsessed?
2. Where does Karen think Bill has gone?
(a) Liz's apartment.
(d) Brita's apartment.
3. How does Karen say she got from the bus station?
(a) She took a taxi.
(b) She walked.
(c) She hitchhiked.
(d) She cycled.
4. Where does George Haddard approach Bill and Charlie?
(a) A bar.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A hotel.
5. What do Karen and Scott drive twenty two miles to buy?
(b) A car.
(c) A light box.
(d) A book.
6. What passes by Brita's window at the end of the novel?
(a) A funeral.
(b) An army.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A demonstration.
7. Whose consent does Brita say she needs to publish the photos?
(a) Karen and Scott's.
8. What is the name of the boy Karen befriends?
9. What is the name of Bill's daughter?
10. How is Bill planning to get to Beirut?
(a) By hitchhiking.
(b) By train.
(c) By ferry.
(d) By plane.
11. Who does Bill think about for the first time at the end of this section?
(a) His son.
(b) His daughter.
(d) The hostage.
12. Where does Scott find Bill's birth certificate?
(a) His desk drawer.
(b) His fridge.
(c) His safe.
(d) His drinks cabinet.
13. What does the torturer do after he pushes Julien to the floor?
(a) Laughs at him.
(b) Kicks him in the stomach.
(c) Tells him to lick his shoes.
(d) Orders him to stand up.
14. What does Karen take from the art gallery?
(a) A spoon.
(b) A hand.
(c) A knife.
(d) A head.
15. With what do the vets diagnose Bill?
(a) A lacerated kidney.
(c) A lacerated liver.
(d) A weak heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Scott think about meeting in New York?
2. Who does Bill remember fondly in this section?
3. What does the beggar have stapled to his shirt?
4. Which artist's style has been copied by the artist whose work is on exhibit?
5. What does Scott clean in this section?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)