|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which country is the young man being held hostage?
2. Where doKaren and Scott talk about Karen's problems?
(a) A field.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A restaurant.
3. For what author does the young man like to check the shelves?
(a) Bill Gray.
(b) Gordon Brown.
(c) Jack Hobbs.
(d) David Love.
4. Where did Scott find Bill had taken refuge?
(b) An old hotel.
(c) A garden shed.
(d) A country house.
5. Who is waiting for Bill outside the publishing house?
6. What does Bill say Charlie was guilty of being?
(a) His agent.
(b) His editor.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His enemy.
7. To what does Brita say Scott is her guide?
(a) The war zone.
(b) Heaven's gates.
(c) The life beyond.
(d) The frontier.
8. How does the author describe the colors Maureen is wearing?
(a) Candy colored.
(b) Dull colored.
(c) Multi colored.
(d) Child colored.
9. Who does Brita say wants to speak to Bill?
10. Why does Charlie recognize the jacket Bill is wearing?
(a) His wife made it for Bill.
(b) It is his ex-wife's.
(c) It belonged to his father.
(d) It's his.
11. What does Bill describe to Brita?
(a) The stars.
(b) The clouds.
(c) The sunrise.
(d) The moon.
12. What is the name of the author who painted Mao II?
13. What is the young man researching?
(b) Palestinian camps.
(c) Slavery in the Middle East.
14. What does Brita say she has an intuition about?
(a) She will never fall in love.
(b) She will never have children.
(c) She will die before she is sixty.
(d) She will live to one hundred.
15. From whom was Karen on the run?
(b) Her family.
(d) Reverend Moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the following sentence: "Just another New York..."
2. What makes the young man slightly sick at times?
3. Charlie says he can recall scraps of what from 1955?
4. Where does Scott take Brita after dinner?
5. What does Karen say parents do when one shows belief?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)