|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author taps into Catherine's past lives through what method?
2. In some sessions Catherine's voice changes, but Dr. Weiss does not believe it is the Masters speaking, what does he believe this is?
3. Dr. Weiss is relieved when the Masters share what fact?
4. When Catherine reaches the time between lives another voice speaks and tells Dr. Weiss about the deaths of his father and what other family member?
5. To experience an in between state, Catherine must first do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dr. Weiss think that Catherine's discussion of spiritual planes, and intuition is important?
2. Why do you think Dr. Weiss tells us about how Catherine was led to seek him out as her doctor?
3. What do the improvements he sees in Catherine cause Dr. Weiss to consider?
4. Why is it significant that Catherine has a conservative Catholic background?
5. Why are the vivid details which Catherine supplies significant to Dr. Weiss?
6. What is the significance of the fact that the Master says that Dr. Weiss's son's heart was like a chicken?
7. How would you describe Catherine's relationship with her boyfriend, Stuart?
8. Describe Carl Jung's ideas that Dr. Weiss discusses.
9. Describe Catherine.
10. What happens when Catherine is in a past life, and see "the light"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The idea that it is beneficial for humans to be exposed to variations or differences in many areas is presented several times in the book. Do you agree or disagree with this idea. Give reasons to support your point of view.
Essay Topic 2
Do you think Dr. Weiss is better off or worse off for having gone through this experience? Fully explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What happened to Dr. Weiss's mother-in-law? Why do you think the author included this personal story in the book?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)