|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Weiss is becoming more and more grateful for the input of what individual?
2. What disease does Dr. Weiss believe Catherine has in this past life?
3. As Catherine relates a past life, she says she is 18 with a long blond braid, and that her name is __________.
4. in her next past life, what is Catherine doing?
5. The Master talks about the importance of what attribute?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the vivid details which Catherine supplies significant to Dr. Weiss?
2. Describe Catherine.
3. Why does Dr. Weiss think that Catherine's discussion of spiritual planes, and intuition is important?
4. What happens when Catherine is in a past life, and see "the light"?
5. How does the poet Master describe human life?
6. What was so unusual about Catherine's trip to the museum in Chicago?
7. What two sources of training keep Dr. Weiss from an immediate acceptance of the idea of past lives?
8. Why is it significant that Catherine has a conservative Catholic background?
9. How does Catherine describe her relationship with the Masters?
10. In this chapter what does the poet Master discuss with Dr. Weiss?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Death is a recurring theme through out the book. Compare and contrast the way the physical deaths and the spiritual death experiences are portrayed. Is there any significance to the way these two series of events are presented as it relates to the attitude Dr. Weiss develops about death during the course of the book.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, the concept of death and how it leads to new life is repeated again and again. Explain how Catherine describes the death experience and how it is consistent or inconsistent with the various death experiences she relates.
Essay Topic 3
Give the account of the dream when the house is on fire. How does Catherine's reaction to Dr. Weiss's suggestions about her father show that she is or is not dealing well with her relationship with her father.
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)