|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous person has Catherine claimed to know in a past life?
(b) no one
(c) Thomas Jefferson
2. Catherine is afraid because of what medical condition?
(a) she is about to give birth
(b) she has small pox
(c) she has be severely injured in an earthquake
(d) she has the plague
3. Who displays an unusual knowledge of the artifacts?
(c) Dr. Weiss
(d) Catherine's father
4. There is a widespread plague, because of so many deaths what practice is not followed?
(b) funeral processions
(d) identifying the dead
5. The Master tells Dr. Weiss that we have a misunderstanding of what concept?
(a) the concept of humanity
(b) the concept of color
(c) the concept of space
(d) the concept of time
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dr. Weiss asks the Masters how he can better help Catherine, what is he told?
2. As a child Catherine was once pushed off of a ___________.
3. Regardless of other circumstances, Dr. Weiss realizes that one experience is always the same in Catherine's past lives, what is it?
4. As Catherine relates a past life, she says she is 18 with a long blond braid, and that her name is __________.
5. During a session with Dr. Weiss, Catherine relates that in a past life as Aronda she worked doing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would you describe Catherine's relationship with her boyfriend, Stuart?
2. What is the significance of the name Avrom?
3. Does Dr. Weiss think that Catherine is getting any positive benefit from the sessions?
4. When Catherine says she is working for priests in a past life, describe what she is doing.
5. Why do you think Dr. Weiss wants Catherine to continue with the hypnosis therapy?
6. What other information does Dr. Weiss provide in this chapter to help explain how he was naturally skeptical of the concept of reincarnation?
7. How does Catherine describe Dr. Weiss in chapter 7?
8. How does Dr. Weiss suspect Catherine might have known some of these facts?
9. How does the poet Master describe human life?
10. During her first hypnotic session what is the significance of the appearance of Aronda ?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)