|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Malone from?
2. Shaw states that he does not have time to deal with which issue?
3. To whom was the letter addressed?
4. Who spouts contradictory opinions on the proposed marriage?
5. What would happen if women had the same standards as men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Shaw's opinion regarding famed writers Byron, Wordsworth and Shelley?
2. How do Tanner and Mendoza introduce themselves?
3. Name at least one main theme in Act 4.
4. What detail about Violet's condition is overlooked by the group?
5. What is Tanner's general description of a revolutionist?
6. What is the difference between Shaw's references to revolutionists compared to those created by other authors?
7. What question from Walkley prompted Shaw to write the play?
8. What is Don Juan's response to the devil's failed insults?
9. What does Don Juan tell the confused old woman who believes she has been displaced?
10. Why does Ramsden have a negative opinion of Tanner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the overall concept of Don Juan. Describe the character physically, emotionally and spiritually. How is Don Juan different from the average man? Is there such a thing as a perfect man?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the story from the point of view of Henry. How would Henry's perception of events be different from Tanner's perception? How would it differ from the perceptions of Ann or Tavy?
Essay Topic 3
When Don Juan finds himself in hell he cannot understand why he has been sent there. Examine Don Juan's reasons for objecting to being in hell. Is there any difference between self-defense and murder? If so, what other options might have been presented to Don Juan?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)