Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What annoys Tanner?
2. What is the difference between the secretly wed couple?
3. What type of woman was often written about by modernists?
4. How do visitors arrive?
5. What does Tanner tease Henry about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tanner's general description of a revolutionist?
2. What is implied by Tanner's inaction in denying Ann's announcement of marriage?
3. What is Don Juan's opinion on intellect and like topics?
4. Why does Shaw refer to man as being stubborn? How does it affect a man's life?
5. Why is Ramsden forced to see Tanner when the man arrives unexpectedly?
6. Explain Tanner's opinion on marriage.
7. What example of a reward does Tanner use to make his point?
8. Why must the marriage be a secret?
9. What is the author's opinion on previous attempts to write about relationships?
10. List at least one of Tanner's maxims for the revolutionist.
Marriage is a main topic of the play. At the time the play was written marriage was viewed much differently than it is today. Compare and contrast the concept of marriage during that time with today.
Compare and contrast the class system in America to the class system in England. Which is more rigid? Are the criteria the same? What in America equals a royal title in England? What are the stages of status in each location?
Explain why Tanner was upset about Whitefield's will. What did Tanner want to do? Why did Tanner go to Ramsden for help? Could anything be done legally without contesting the will? Explain. What would you do in Tanner's place?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)