|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Robinson's nickname?
2. Who does Shaw credit with following his own instincts?
3. According to Shaw, what is the most important thing about an artist?
4. Shaw states that he does not have time to deal with which issue?
5. What is the solution to the pregnancy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What example of a reward does Tanner use to make his point?
2. List at least one of Tanner's maxims for the revolutionist.
3. Why does Ana become upset with her father?
4. When the group parts ways, who goes to Heaven and who stays in Hell?
5. What is the devil's explanation of Heaven versus Hell?
6. What warning does Shaw issue to Walkley?
7. What is disappointing to the chauffeur?
8. Why is it that man can never be completely satisfied with himself and life in general?
9. What is the context of the scene between Violet and Malone Sr.?
10. Explain Tanner's opinion on marriage.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tanner told Ann she should stand up to her mother. Tanner offered Ann a trip across Europe as an incentive. What was Tanner's real intention? Was the invitation sincere? How did Ann respond? What was Tanner's reaction to the response? Do you think the trip will ever take place?
Essay Topic 2
Supposedly one of the tasks when one goes to heaven is to plan ahead for the next life. Write out your plan for your next life. Make sure you include lessons that will help you evolved as a better human being.
Essay Topic 3
Shaw determines that Tanner would not make a good Don Juan. Why? What about Tanner does not match up to be stereotypical image of Don Juan? What could be changed about Tanner so that he would fit the image? Is there anyone else in the story who would be better suited as Don Juan? Explain.
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)