|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tanner tease Henry about?
2. Tanner refers to Ramsden as being:
3. Who works on Tanner's automobile?
4. What annoys Tanner?
5. Who has become, in essence, Don Juan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain at least one of Shaw's main points in the handbook.
2. What does Mendoza say that makes Henry so angry?
3. Who was in the group of people that approached Ann and Tanner?
4. What is Mrs. Whitefield's opinion of Tavy? What does she want for him?
5. What is Don Juan's response to the devil's failed insults?
6. List some of the topics addressed by Tanner in the handbook.
7. What is disappointing to the chauffeur?
8. What is Ann's excuse for refusing Tavy's proposal a second time?
9. How do Tanner and Mendoza introduce themselves?
10. What warning does Shaw issue to Walkley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mendoza and the brigands are pirates of the road. Compare and contrast the brigands to Robin Hood. Examine the use of pirates in literature versus modern day pirates on the open sea.
Essay Topic 2
Violet is incensed when she learns that Hector Malone Sr. may cut Hector off without any allowance or inheritance. Violet feels that the working class is beneath her. Do you think Mr. Malone's money is one of the reasons Violet chose Hector? Describe your views on the concept of sugar daddies.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why Tanner was upset about Whitefield's will. What did Tanner want to do? Why did Tanner go to Ramsden for help? Could anything be done legally without contesting the will? Explain. What would you do in Tanner's place?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)