Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would happen if women had the same standards as men?
2. Who works on Tanner's automobile?
3. Who has become, in essence, Don Juan?
4. Who is credited with having written the first Don Juan?
5. Shaw says that women no longer ask for:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tanner's view of social and self-imposed morality?
2. What is Shaw's opinion regarding famed writers Byron, Wordsworth and Shelley?
3. What are Don Juan's views on moral hypocrisy? Who disagrees with these views?
4. How does Tavy react to Ann's response? Who intervenes?
5. Describe Roebuck Ramsden.
6. What is Tanner's general description of a revolutionist?
7. What question from Walkley prompted Shaw to write the play?
8. What is Malone's connection to Mendoza?
9. Explain Tanner's opinion on marriage.
10. How does Tanner address the popular theory of the beginning of the quest for the superman?
Compare and contrast the class system in America to the class system in England. Which is more rigid? Are the criteria the same? What in America equals a royal title in England? What are the stages of status in each location?
When Ana meets her father in hell the girl is upset because her father does not remember her. Don Juan stated that familial relationships are not sustained in the afterlife. Write a short story about meeting a family member in the afterlife when one person does not remember the other.
When Tavy proposes to Ann, the girl claims that she cannot think of anything but her father's death. List the five stages of grief and which one Ann is experiencing at the time of the proposal.
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)