|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tanner, marrying Ann would bring:
2. Who wrote the note?
3. What helps shape society?
4. Who works on Tanner's automobile?
5. What is supposedly the cause behind the incident with Rhoda?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ann's excuse for refusing Tavy's proposal a second time?
2. What causes Hector to reveal the secret marriage?
3. What brings about the identity of Violet's secret husband?
4. How does Tanner address the popular theory of the beginning of the quest for the superman?
5. Why must the marriage be a secret?
6. How do Tanner and Mendoza introduce themselves?
7. What is Mrs. Whitefield's opinion of Tavy? What does she want for him?
8. How does Shaw describe the essence of Don Juan?
9. What warning does Shaw issue to Walkley?
10. What is the primary problem with defining the superman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ann and Violet are both manipulative people. What is the purpose for this behavior? Describe your view of the art of manipulation. Give at least five examples of how a person can be manipulated. Have you ever been manipulated? Have you ever been one to manipulate another? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
When Ana meets her father in hell the girl is upset because her father does not remember her. Don Juan stated that familial relationships are not sustained in the afterlife. Write a short story about meeting a family member in the afterlife when one person does not remember the other.
Essay Topic 3
When Don Juan finds himself in hell he cannot understand why he has been sent there. Examine Don Juan's reasons for objecting to being in hell. Is there any difference between self-defense and murder? If so, what other options might have been presented to Don Juan?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)