|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Robinson's nickname?
2. How do visitors arrive?
3. Which adjective best suits Ramsden?
4. Who is credited with having written the first Don Juan?
5. What is the name of Whitefield's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tanner address the popular theory of the beginning of the quest for the superman?
2. What does Don Juan tell the confused old woman who believes she has been displaced?
3. What question from Walkley prompted Shaw to write the play?
4. Why does Ramsden have a negative opinion of Tanner?
5. Explain Tanner's opinion on marriage.
6. Who is appointed as Ann's guardian?
7. What is Tanner's advice to Ann?
8. What are Mendoza and his group doing waiting beside the road? What is the group called?
9. What is the devil's explanation of Heaven versus Hell?
10. Why did Shaw feel the need to modernize the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marriage is a main topic of the play. At the time the play was written marriage was viewed much differently than it is today. Compare and contrast the concept of marriage during that time with today.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the class system in America to the class system in England. Which is more rigid? Are the criteria the same? What in America equals a royal title in England? What are the stages of status in each location?
Essay Topic 3
When Ana meets her father in hell the girl is upset because her father does not remember her. Don Juan stated that familial relationships are not sustained in the afterlife. Write a short story about meeting a family member in the afterlife when one person does not remember the other.
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)