Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What annoys Tanner?
2. What is the difference between the secretly wed couple?
3. What type of woman was often written about by modernists?
4. How do visitors arrive?
5. What does Tanner tease Henry about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tanner's general description of a revolutionist?
2. What is implied by Tanner's inaction in denying Ann's announcement of marriage?
3. What is Don Juan's opinion on intellect and like topics?
4. Why does Shaw refer to man as being stubborn? How does it affect a man's life?
5. Why is Ramsden forced to see Tanner when the man arrives unexpectedly?
6. Explain Tanner's opinion on marriage.
7. What example of a reward does Tanner use to make his point?
8. Why must the marriage be a secret?
9. What is the author's opinion on previous attempts to write about relationships?
10. List at least one of Tanner's maxims for the revolutionist.
Essay Topic 1
Violet is incensed when she learns that Hector Malone Sr. may cut Hector off without any allowance or inheritance. Violet feels that the working class is beneath her. Do you think Mr. Malone's money is one of the reasons Violet chose Hector? Describe your views on the concept of sugar daddies.
Essay Topic 2
Tanner told Ann she should stand up to her mother. Tanner offered Ann a trip across Europe as an incentive. What was Tanner's real intention? Was the invitation sincere? How did Ann respond? What was Tanner's reaction to the response? Do you think the trip will ever take place?
Essay Topic 3
Explain why Tanner was upset about Whitefield's will. What did Tanner want to do? Why did Tanner go to Ramsden for help? Could anything be done legally without contesting the will? Explain. What would you do in Tanner's place?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)