|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the would-be suitor lack?
2. Who wrote the note?
3. Who is the first to visit Ramsden?
4. What about Tanner comes into question?
5. What is the solution to the pregnancy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What example of a reward does Tanner use to make his point?
2. What is Mrs. Whitefield's opinion of Tavy? What does she want for him?
3. Who is appointed as Ann's guardian?
4. How does Tanner address the popular theory of the beginning of the quest for the superman?
5. What is the primary problem with defining the superman?
6. Why does Malone object to Hector and Violet's plans?
7. What is the author's opinion about the role of women in the play?
8. What detail about Violet's condition is overlooked by the group?
9. What are Don Juan's views on moral hypocrisy? Who disagrees with these views?
10. What causes Hector to reveal the secret marriage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Supposedly one of the tasks when one goes to heaven is to plan ahead for the next life. Write out your plan for your next life. Make sure you include lessons that will help you evolved as a better human being.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Tanner was upset about Whitefield's will. What did Tanner want to do? Why did Tanner go to Ramsden for help? Could anything be done legally without contesting the will? Explain. What would you do in Tanner's place?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Violet and Tavy. Are they close? Is there anything unusual about their collective childhood? How might the pregnancy affect the relationship? How did Whitefield's death change things for the brother and sister?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)