|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group is least admired?
2. How do visitors arrive?
3. What is Ramsden's first name?
4. What form of transportation does Violet use?
5. Where is Malone from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What inspired Shaw's version of Don Juan?
2. What does Don Juan tell the confused old woman who believes she has been displaced?
3. What is the context of the scene between Violet and Malone Sr.?
4. What are Mendoza and his group doing waiting beside the road? What is the group called?
5. What is implied by Tanner's inaction in denying Ann's announcement of marriage?
6. What is Don Juan's opinion on intellect and like topics?
7. Why does Malone object to Hector and Violet's plans?
8. List at least one of Tanner's maxims for the revolutionist.
9. How does Shaw describe the essence of Don Juan?
10. What is Shaw's opinion regarding famed writers Byron, Wordsworth and Shelley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the personalities of Roebuck Ramsden and Jack Tanner. How do they measure up against other characters in the work? Which do you prefer, and why? Describe each of their personal philosophies.
Essay Topic 2
When Tavy proposes to Ann, the girl claims that she cannot think of anything but her father's death. List the five stages of grief and which one Ann is experiencing at the time of the proposal.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the relationship between Ann and Tanner. How did they know each other? Describe the pact that Ann spoke about in the garden. How did the pact affect their present relationship? How did their former relationship affect Ann in regards to marriage? Does Ann truly love Jack or is it another manipulation?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)