Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What annoys Tanner?
2. What is the difference between the secretly wed couple?
3. What type of woman was often written about by modernists?
4. How do visitors arrive?
5. What does Tanner tease Henry about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tanner's general description of a revolutionist?
2. What is implied by Tanner's inaction in denying Ann's announcement of marriage?
3. What is Don Juan's opinion on intellect and like topics?
4. Why does Shaw refer to man as being stubborn? How does it affect a man's life?
5. Why is Ramsden forced to see Tanner when the man arrives unexpectedly?
6. Explain Tanner's opinion on marriage.
7. What example of a reward does Tanner use to make his point?
8. Why must the marriage be a secret?
9. What is the author's opinion on previous attempts to write about relationships?
10. List at least one of Tanner's maxims for the revolutionist.
Examine the relationship between Violet and Hector. Why was the relationship kept secret? Was the reason legitimate? How would the families react to the news? What was the outcome of the plan? Was there a better plan?
When Tavy proposes to Ann, the girl claims that she cannot think of anything but her father's death. List the five stages of grief and which one Ann is experiencing at the time of the proposal.
When Ana meets her father in hell the girl is upset because her father does not remember her. Don Juan stated that familial relationships are not sustained in the afterlife. Write a short story about meeting a family member in the afterlife when one person does not remember the other.
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)