|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is credited with having written the first Don Juan?
2. The letter asked a question about what famous character?
3. What is supposedly the cause behind the incident with Rhoda?
4. What is the result of art based on relationships?
5. Who is pregnant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was in the group of people that approached Ann and Tanner?
2. Explain Tanner's opinion on marriage.
3. What is Tanner's general description of a revolutionist?
4. What example of a reward does Tanner use to make his point?
5. What is the devil's explanation of Heaven versus Hell?
6. Why did Shaw feel the need to modernize the play?
7. What example of a reward does Tanner use to make his point?
8. What detail about Violet's condition is overlooked by the group?
9. Why is Robinson so upset when he visits Ramsden?
10. What does Mendoza say that makes Henry so angry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Ana meets her father in hell the girl is upset because her father does not remember her. Don Juan stated that familial relationships are not sustained in the afterlife. Write a short story about meeting a family member in the afterlife when one person does not remember the other.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the personalities of Roebuck Ramsden and Jack Tanner. How do they measure up against other characters in the work? Which do you prefer, and why? Describe each of their personal philosophies.
Essay Topic 3
When Tavy proposes to Ann, the girl claims that she cannot think of anything but her father's death. List the five stages of grief and which one Ann is experiencing at the time of the proposal.
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)