|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Literature often focuses on what aspect of a woman?
2. What word most accurately expresses the opinion of the author's detractors?
3. Who does Shaw credit with following his own instincts?
4. What is Don Juan's profession?
5. Who wrote THE REVOLUTIONIST'S HANDBOOK?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main issue between Robinson and Ann?
2. What are the main responsibilities of a man and woman?
3. What is Ann's excuse for refusing Tavy's proposal a second time?
4. What inspired Shaw's version of Don Juan?
5. What is the author's opinion on previous attempts to write about relationships?
6. Explain at least one of Shaw's main points in the handbook.
7. What is Mrs. Whitefield's opinion of Tavy? What does she want for him?
8. List some of the topics addressed by Tanner in the handbook.
9. Why is Ramsden forced to see Tanner when the man arrives unexpectedly?
10. How does Tanner address the popular theory of the beginning of the quest for the superman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Don Juan finds himself in hell he cannot understand why he has been sent there. Examine Don Juan's reasons for objecting to being in hell. Is there any difference between self-defense and murder? If so, what other options might have been presented to Don Juan?
Essay Topic 2
Supposedly one of the tasks when one goes to heaven is to plan ahead for the next life. Write out your plan for your next life. Make sure you include lessons that will help you evolved as a better human being.
Essay Topic 3
Violet is incensed when she learns that Hector Malone Sr. may cut Hector off without any allowance or inheritance. Violet feels that the working class is beneath her. Do you think Mr. Malone's money is one of the reasons Violet chose Hector? Describe your views on the concept of sugar daddies.
This section contains 1,296 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)