|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tanner, marrying Ann would bring:
2. Which of the following is not employed by women who want to get their own way?
3. What causes Tanner to run away?
4. Ann is compared to which animal?
5. Who spouts contradictory opinions on the proposed marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the situation with Whitefield's will.
2. What is Shaw's opinion regarding famed writers Byron, Wordsworth and Shelley?
3. Why is Robinson so upset when he visits Ramsden?
4. What is Don Juan's opinion on intellect and like topics?
5. Why does Shaw refer to man as being stubborn? How does it affect a man's life?
6. What detail about Violet's condition is overlooked by the group?
7. What is Malone's connection to Mendoza?
8. What is Ann's excuse for refusing Tavy's proposal a second time?
9. What is implied by Tanner's inaction in denying Ann's announcement of marriage?
10. What example of a reward does Tanner use to make his point?
Essay Topic 1
Compare your concept of heaven and hell against Shaw's dream sequence? Do you believe in heaven and hell? If so describe in detail what each plays some might look like and types of activities that take place there. Who might you see there? If you do not believe in heaven and hell. Discuss your concept of the afterlife, and any supporting references.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the overall concept of Don Juan. Describe the character physically, emotionally and spiritually. How is Don Juan different from the average man? Is there such a thing as a perfect man?
Essay Topic 3
Violet is incensed when she learns that Hector Malone Sr. may cut Hector off without any allowance or inheritance. Violet feels that the working class is beneath her. Do you think Mr. Malone's money is one of the reasons Violet chose Hector? Describe your views on the concept of sugar daddies.
This section contains 1,304 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)