|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shaw believes that society is following the path of which two places?
2. Tanner admonishes the group for which of the following?
3. Who gives a note to Tanner?
4. Which adjective best suits Ramsden?
5. Tanner refers to Ramsden as being:
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Roebuck Ramsden.
2. List some of the topics addressed by Tanner in the handbook.
3. What detail about Violet's condition is overlooked by the group?
4. What is the devil's explanation of Heaven versus Hell?
5. What warning does Shaw issue to Walkley?
6. Explain at least one of Shaw's main points in the handbook.
7. Explain Tanner's opinion on marriage.
8. List at least one of Tanner's maxims for the revolutionist.
9. Why is Robinson so upset when he visits Ramsden?
10. What hopes did Whitefield have for Robinson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mendoza and the brigands are pirates of the road. Compare and contrast the brigands to Robin Hood. Examine the use of pirates in literature versus modern day pirates on the open sea.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Violet and Tavy. Are they close? Is there anything unusual about their collective childhood? How might the pregnancy affect the relationship? How did Whitefield's death change things for the brother and sister?
Essay Topic 3
When Don Juan finds himself in hell he cannot understand why he has been sent there. Examine Don Juan's reasons for objecting to being in hell. Is there any difference between self-defense and murder? If so, what other options might have been presented to Don Juan?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)