|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tanner admonishes the group for which of the following?
2. Tavy unknowingly removes himself from which emotion?
3. Ann is compared to which animal?
4. Which writer does Shaw refer to as being "a force?"
5. According to Shaw, Ann is not afraid to compromise in which area?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question from Walkley prompted Shaw to write the play?
2. Why does Malone object to Hector and Violet's plans?
3. What is Tanner's general description of a revolutionist?
4. What brings about the identity of Violet's secret husband?
5. What opinions do Mrs. Whitefield and Tanner have about Ann's actions?
6. What is Shaw's opinion regarding famed writers Byron, Wordsworth and Shelley?
7. How does Shaw describe the essence of Don Juan?
8. What hopes did Whitefield have for Robinson?
9. What is Don Juan's response to the devil's failed insults?
10. What is Tanner's advice to Ann?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the overall concept of Don Juan. Describe the character physically, emotionally and spiritually. How is Don Juan different from the average man? Is there such a thing as a perfect man?
Essay Topic 2
Mendoza and the brigands are pirates of the road. Compare and contrast the brigands to Robin Hood. Examine the use of pirates in literature versus modern day pirates on the open sea.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the relationship between Violet and Hector. Why was the relationship kept secret? Was the reason legitimate? How would the families react to the news? What was the outcome of the plan? Was there a better plan?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)