|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tanner admonishes the group for which of the following?
2. Shaw does not believe one of the following is a great writer:
3. Who works on Tanner's automobile?
4. The play deals with what conflict?
5. What is supposedly the cause behind the incident with Rhoda?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tanner's view of social and self-imposed morality?
2. What does Mendoza say that makes Henry so angry?
3. What warning does Shaw issue to Walkley?
4. Why did Shaw feel the need to modernize the play?
5. Explain at least one of Shaw's main points in the handbook.
6. What are Mendoza and his group doing waiting beside the road? What is the group called?
7. How does Tanner address the popular theory of the beginning of the quest for the superman?
8. What is the news delivered by Tavy?
9. Name at least one main theme in Act 4.
10. How do Tanner and Mendoza introduce themselves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Examine the relationship between Violet and Hector. Why was the relationship kept secret? Was the reason legitimate? How would the families react to the news? What was the outcome of the plan? Was there a better plan?
Essay Topic 2Shaw determines that Tanner would not make a good Don Juan. Why? What about Tanner does not match up to be stereotypical image of Don Juan? What could be changed about Tanner so that he would fit the image? Is there anyone else in the story who would be better suited as Don Juan? Explain.
Essay Topic 3Violet is incensed when she learns that Hector Malone Sr. may cut Hector off without any allowance or inheritance. Violet feels that the working class is beneath her. Do you think Mr. Malone's money is one of the reasons Violet chose Hector? Describe your views on the concept of sugar daddies.
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)