|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What annoys Tanner?
(a) Tavy's melancholy.
(b) Loud noises.
(c) Neighbor's dog.
2. What is the difference between the secretly wed couple?
(a) Social status.
(c) Financial status.
3. What type of woman was often written about by modernists?
4. How do visitors arrive?
(a) On horseback.
(b) In a carriage.
(c) On foot.
(d) By car.
5. What does Tanner tease Henry about?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry do each time Ann's name is mentioned?
2. Who is pregnant?
3. Whose dowry might be at stake?
4. Who would need to approve a marriage between Tavy and Ann?
5. What helps shape society?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tanner's general description of a revolutionist?
2. What is implied by Tanner's inaction in denying Ann's announcement of marriage?
3. What is Don Juan's opinion on intellect and like topics?
4. Why does Shaw refer to man as being stubborn? How does it affect a man's life?
5. Why is Ramsden forced to see Tanner when the man arrives unexpectedly?
6. Explain Tanner's opinion on marriage.
7. What example of a reward does Tanner use to make his point?
8. Why must the marriage be a secret?
9. What is the author's opinion on previous attempts to write about relationships?
10. List at least one of Tanner's maxims for the revolutionist.
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)