|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do visitors arrive?
(a) On foot.
(b) On horseback.
(c) In a carriage.
(d) By car.
2. What is the solution to the pregnancy?
(a) Send the girl away.
3. Which adjective best suits Ramsden?
4. What word does Tavy use to describe Ann?
5. What causes Tanner to run away?
(a) He is a fugitive.
(b) Ann's flirtation.
(c) He can make money by becoming a sailor.
(d) His presence is requested at Parliament.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who works on Tanner's automobile?
2. Who causes the secret to be kept?
3. What plan does the group have for the day?
4. Which group is least admired?
5. The dedication begins with a letter written by which author?
Short Essay Questions
1. Name at least one main theme in Act 4.
2. How does Tavy react to Ann's response? Who intervenes?
3. What example of a reward does Tanner use to make his point?
4. Explain the situation with Whitefield's will.
5. How do Tanner and Mendoza introduce themselves?
6. What is the news delivered by Tavy?
7. Why does Ramsden have a negative opinion of Tanner?
8. What is the difference between Shaw's references to revolutionists compared to those created by other authors?
9. What question from Walkley prompted Shaw to write the play?
10. How does Tanner address the popular theory of the beginning of the quest for the superman?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)