|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Robinson's nickname?
2. According to Shaw, what is the most important thing about an artist?
(a) Business acumen.
(d) Natural talent.
3. What annoys Tanner?
(a) Neighbor's dog.
(c) Tavy's melancholy.
(d) Loud noises.
4. What would happen if women had the same standards as men?
(a) Human race would die off.
(b) The world would become competitive and fairly balanced.
(c) It would never happen.
(d) World leaders could solve more problems.
5. How does Ann's mother refer to Tanner's book?
(a) A great truth.
(b) God awful.
(d) A blatant lie.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom was the letter addressed?
2. Who would need to approve a marriage between Tavy and Ann?
3. What form of transportation does Violet use?
4. What does Tanner offer Ann as incentive?
5. What is the name of Whitefield's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mrs. Whitefield's opinion of Tavy? What does she want for him?
2. What example of a reward does Tanner use to make his point?
3. Name at least one main theme in Act 4.
4. What is Don Juan's response to the devil's failed insults?
5. What is Don Juan's opinion on intellect and like topics?
6. What is the main issue between Robinson and Ann?
7. What is Tanner's view of social and self-imposed morality?
8. Why does Shaw refer to man as being stubborn? How does it affect a man's life?
9. When the group parts ways, who goes to Heaven and who stays in Hell?
10. What is implied by Tanner's inaction in denying Ann's announcement of marriage?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)