|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which writer does Shaw refer to as being "a force?"
2. What is the difference between the secretly wed couple?
(b) Financial status.
(d) Social status.
3. How does Ann's mother refer to Tanner's book?
(a) A great truth.
(b) God awful.
(d) A blatant lie.
4. Tanner admonishes the group for which of the following?
5. What is Robinson's nickname?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives along with Ann and her mother?
2. Shaw does not believe one of the following is a great writer:
3. Which group is least admired?
4. Shaw believes that society is following the path of which two places?
5. Who wrote THE REVOLUTIONIST'S HANDBOOK?
Short Essay Questions
1. What brings about the identity of Violet's secret husband?
2. When the group parts ways, who goes to Heaven and who stays in Hell?
3. What is the context of the scene between Violet and Malone Sr.?
4. What is the chauffeur doing in the first part of Act 2?
5. What is the difference between Shaw's references to revolutionists compared to those created by other authors?
6. What is Shaw's opinion regarding famed writers Byron, Wordsworth and Shelley?
7. According to Shaw, what would literature be like if it portrayed real life?
8. What hopes did Whitefield have for Robinson?
9. What is Tanner's excuse for attempting to withdraw the invitation? How does Ann react?
10. Explain Tanner's opinion on marriage.
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)