|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ramsden?
2. What does Tanner tease Henry about?
3. Who works on Tanner's automobile?
4. Byron is better than which of the following?
5. According to Tanner, marrying Ann would bring:
(a) Great riches.
(c) A lifetime of misery.
(d) Unsurpassed joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shaw does not believe one of the following is a great writer:
2. Tanner refers to Ramsden as being:
3. Most writers portray men as:
4. Which word best describes Ann?
5. Shaw says that women no longer ask for:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the chauffeur doing in the first part of Act 2?
2. What is the difference between Shaw's references to revolutionists compared to those created by other authors?
3. What is implied by Tanner's inaction in denying Ann's announcement of marriage?
4. Why is it that man can never be completely satisfied with himself and life in general?
5. What is Ann's excuse for refusing Tavy's proposal a second time?
6. What is the context of the scene between Violet and Malone Sr.?
7. What causes Hector to reveal the secret marriage?
8. Explain at least one of Shaw's main points in the handbook.
9. Why does Ramsden have a negative opinion of Tanner?
10. List some of the topics addressed by Tanner in the handbook.
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)