|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of woman was often written about by modernists?
2. Who does Shaw credit with following his own instincts?
(a) Don Quixote.
(c) Sancho Panza.
(d) Don Juan.
3. What form of transportation does Violet use?
4. What was the purpose of the visit?
(a) To settle a gambling debt.
(b) To arrange a marriage.
(c) To discuss guardianship.
(d) To shoot the host.
5. What is the result of art based on relationships?
(a) It holds more meaning.
(b) It is flawed.
(c) There is no effect.
(d) It is vibrant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who would need to approve a marriage between Tavy and Ann?
2. Which writer does Shaw refer to as being "a force?"
3. According to Shaw, what is the most important thing about an artist?
4. Byron is better than which of the following?
5. What is Malone's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Malone object to Hector and Violet's plans?
2. What inspired Shaw's version of Don Juan?
3. Why does Shaw refer to man as being stubborn? How does it affect a man's life?
4. Who is appointed as Ann's guardian?
5. What is the difference between Shaw's references to revolutionists compared to those created by other authors?
6. Explain Tanner's opinion on marriage.
7. What brings about the identity of Violet's secret husband?
8. What detail about Violet's condition is overlooked by the group?
9. How do Tanner and Mendoza introduce themselves?
10. Who was in the group of people that approached Ann and Tanner?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)