|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who works on Tanner's automobile?
2. What is a man's primary responsibility?
3. What word does Tavy use to describe Ann?
4. What about Tanner comes into question?
(b) Business acumen.
(c) Financial success.
(d) Moral character.
5. Who would need to approve a marriage between Tavy and Ann?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would happen if women had the same standards as men?
2. Which political form interests Shaw?
3. What was the purpose of the visit?
4. How do visitors arrive?
5. Tanner admonishes the group for which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. Name at least one main theme in Act 4.
2. What is the main issue between Robinson and Ann?
3. What brings about the identity of Violet's secret husband?
4. What is the author's opinion about the role of women in the play?
5. What is Ann's excuse for refusing Tavy's proposal a second time?
6. Why is it that man can never be completely satisfied with himself and life in general?
7. What is Tanner's view of social and self-imposed morality?
8. What is Don Juan's response to the devil's failed insults?
9. What is the context of the scene between Violet and Malone Sr.?
10. List at least one of Tanner's maxims for the revolutionist.
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)