|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the solution to the pregnancy?
(a) Send the girl away.
2. Which word best describes Ann?
3. Tavy unknowingly removes himself from which emotion?
4. Who arrives along with Ann and her mother?
5. What is the subject of Tanner's lecture to Ann?
(a) The pact in the garden.
(c) Ann's ties to her mother.
(d) Whitefield's will.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not employed by women who want to get their own way?
2. Which writer does Shaw refer to as being "a force?"
3. What causes Tanner to run away?
4. Which political form interests Shaw?
5. Which of the following does the would-be suitor lack?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tavy react to Ann's response? Who intervenes?
2. Why does Malone object to Hector and Violet's plans?
3. What example of a reward does Tanner use to make his point?
4. What is the chauffeur doing in the first part of Act 2?
5. Why does Ramsden have a negative opinion of Tanner?
6. Why is Ramsden forced to see Tanner when the man arrives unexpectedly?
7. What is Shaw's opinion regarding famed writers Byron, Wordsworth and Shelley?
8. Who was in the group of people that approached Ann and Tanner?
9. What is the author's opinion about the role of women in the play?
10. Explain Tanner's opinion on marriage.
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)