|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the purpose of the visit?
(a) To settle a gambling debt.
(b) To arrange a marriage.
(c) To shoot the host.
(d) To discuss guardianship.
2. Who does Shaw credit with following his own instincts?
(a) Sancho Panza.
(b) Don Juan.
(c) Don Quixote.
3. The play deals with what conflict?
(b) Oedipus Complex.
(d) Male and female interaction.
4. What is the result of art based on relationships?
(a) It is flawed.
(b) There is no effect.
(c) It holds more meaning.
(d) It is vibrant.
5. Who does Tanner ask for help?
Short Answer Questions
1. Shaw believes that society is following the path of which two places?
2. According to Tanner, marrying Ann would bring:
3. What about Tanner comes into question?
4. What does Tanner offer Ann as incentive?
5. Who works on Tanner's automobile?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the devil's explanation of Heaven versus Hell?
2. What is Malone's connection to Mendoza?
3. What is the context of the scene between Violet and Malone Sr.?
4. What does Mendoza say that makes Henry so angry?
5. How does Tanner address the popular theory of the beginning of the quest for the superman?
6. What are Mendoza and his group doing waiting beside the road? What is the group called?
7. What is Tanner's excuse for attempting to withdraw the invitation? How does Ann react?
8. Why did Shaw feel the need to modernize the play?
9. What warning does Shaw issue to Walkley?
10. What is Don Juan's opinion on intellect and like topics?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)