|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of woman was often written about by modernists?
2. What is Malone's first name?
3. How does Ann's mother refer to Tanner's book?
(a) God awful.
(b) A blatant lie.
(d) A great truth.
4. What adjective best describes Tanner's ideas?
5. Shaw does not believe one of the following is a great writer:
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the note?
2. Ann is compared to which animal?
3. What is Don Juan's profession?
4. Where is Malone from?
5. Shaw has not relied on other writers':
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Shaw refer to man as being stubborn? How does it affect a man's life?
2. What are Mendoza and his group doing waiting beside the road? What is the group called?
3. Why does Malone object to Hector and Violet's plans?
4. What is Tanner's advice to Ann?
5. What does Don Juan tell the confused old woman who believes she has been displaced?
6. What example of a reward does Tanner use to make his point?
7. Explain at least one of Shaw's main points in the handbook.
8. Why does Ana become upset with her father?
9. What opinions do Mrs. Whitefield and Tanner have about Ann's actions?
10. Why is it that man can never be completely satisfied with himself and life in general?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)