|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The play deals with what conflict?
(a) Oedipus Complex.
(b) Male and female interaction.
2. Who ushers in the first guest?
(a) Parlor maid.
(b) Ramsden's wife.
3. What is Robinson's nickname?
4. Shaw says that women no longer ask for:
5. Who does Tanner ask for help?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which adjective best suits Ramsden?
2. What word most accurately expresses the opinion of the author's detractors?
3. What is the subject of Tanner's lecture to Ann?
4. How does Ann's mother refer to Tanner's book?
5. Who gives a note to Tanner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mendoza say that makes Henry so angry?
2. What is Tanner's view of social and self-imposed morality?
3. When the group parts ways, who goes to Heaven and who stays in Hell?
4. What is Tanner's general description of a revolutionist?
5. What opinions do Mrs. Whitefield and Tanner have about Ann's actions?
6. What question from Walkley prompted Shaw to write the play?
7. Why does Shaw refer to man as being stubborn? How does it affect a man's life?
8. List at least one of Tanner's maxims for the revolutionist.
9. What is the main issue between Robinson and Ann?
10. What is Shaw's opinion regarding famed writers Byron, Wordsworth and Shelley?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)