|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shaw believes that society is following the path of which two places?
(a) Greece and Rome.
(b) Geneva and Germany.
(c) Barcelona and Amsterdam.
(d) France and Italy.
2. What is the subject of Tanner's lecture to Ann?
(b) Ann's ties to her mother.
(c) The pact in the garden.
(d) Whitefield's will.
3. Ann is compared to which animal?
(b) Boa constrictor.
4. Which composer inspired Shaw?
5. According to Tanner, marrying Ann would bring:
(b) Great riches.
(c) A lifetime of misery.
(d) Unsurpassed joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. The dedication begins with a letter written by which author?
2. Shaw states that he does not have time to deal with which issue?
3. Tanner admonishes the group for which of the following?
4. What was a new technology at the time?
5. How is the guest related to Whitefield?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mrs. Whitefield's opinion of Tavy? What does she want for him?
2. What is Tanner's excuse for attempting to withdraw the invitation? How does Ann react?
3. What is Shaw's opinion regarding famed writers Byron, Wordsworth and Shelley?
4. What are Don Juan's views on moral hypocrisy? Who disagrees with these views?
5. What is the author's opinion about the role of women in the play?
6. Why does Ana become upset with her father?
7. What is the context of the scene between Violet and Malone Sr.?
8. What detail about Violet's condition is overlooked by the group?
9. Why is it that man can never be completely satisfied with himself and life in general?
10. According to Shaw, what would literature be like if it portrayed real life?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)