|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which writer does Shaw refer to as being "a force?"
2. What annoys Tanner?
(a) Neighbor's dog.
(b) Tavy's melancholy.
(c) Loud noises.
3. Who has become, in essence, Don Juan?
4. The author presents Tanner as being tainted by which of the following?
(a) Social status.
5. How do visitors arrive?
(a) On horseback.
(b) On foot.
(c) By car.
(d) In a carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the would-be suitor lack?
2. What is Ramsden's first name?
3. Whose dowry might be at stake?
4. Which topic does Shaw claim to have failed when writing a play?
5. What form of transportation does Violet use?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tanner's advice to Ann?
2. List at least one of Tanner's maxims for the revolutionist.
3. What inspired Shaw's version of Don Juan?
4. According to Shaw, what would literature be like if it portrayed real life?
5. When the group parts ways, who goes to Heaven and who stays in Hell?
6. Describe Roebuck Ramsden.
7. Why is Ramsden forced to see Tanner when the man arrives unexpectedly?
8. What is the difference between Shaw's references to revolutionists compared to those created by other authors?
9. How does Tanner address the popular theory of the beginning of the quest for the superman?
10. What example of a reward does Tanner use to make his point?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)