|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tanner want to go?
(a) Away from Ann.
(c) To the river.
2. What helps shape society?
(c) Class struggle.
3. What type of woman was often written about by modernists?
4. What word most accurately expresses the opinion of the author's detractors?
5. Literature often focuses on what aspect of a woman?
(d) Illusory beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is uniquely absent from the complicated actions of ordinary men and women?
2. Which political form interests Shaw?
3. Which group is least admired?
4. To whom was the letter addressed?
5. What is the subject of Tanner's lecture to Ann?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Shaw refer to man as being stubborn? How does it affect a man's life?
2. Who is appointed as Ann's guardian?
3. What brings about the identity of Violet's secret husband?
4. What is the context of the scene between Violet and Malone Sr.?
5. Why is Robinson so upset when he visits Ramsden?
6. How do Tanner and Mendoza introduce themselves?
7. What is disappointing to the chauffeur?
8. Why is it that man can never be completely satisfied with himself and life in general?
9. What is Ann's excuse for refusing Tavy's proposal a second time?
10. What does Mendoza say that makes Henry so angry?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)