|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author presents Tanner as being tainted by which of the following?
(d) Social status.
2. Who does Tanner ask for help?
3. Ann is compared to which animal?
(c) Boa constrictor.
4. The play deals with what conflict?
(a) Male and female interaction.
(d) Oedipus Complex.
5. Who is uniquely absent from the complicated actions of ordinary men and women?
Short Answer Questions
1. Tanner admonishes the group for which of the following?
2. One of the characters compares marriage to which of the following?
3. What plan does the group have for the day?
4. What does Tanner offer Ann as incentive?
5. Who does Shaw credit with following his own instincts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the devil's explanation of Heaven versus Hell?
2. What is Tanner's view of social and self-imposed morality?
3. Why is it that man can never be completely satisfied with himself and life in general?
4. What is Tanner's advice to Ann?
5. Why must the marriage be a secret?
6. What question from Walkley prompted Shaw to write the play?
7. What is Don Juan's opinion on intellect and like topics?
8. Why is Ramsden forced to see Tanner when the man arrives unexpectedly?
9. Name at least one main theme in Act 4.
10. Why does Malone object to Hector and Violet's plans?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)