|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ramsden's first name?
2. Who is credited with having written the first Don Juan?
(c) de Molina.
3. The author presents Tanner as being tainted by which of the following?
(a) Social status.
4. What was a new technology at the time?
5. According to Tanner, marrying Ann would bring:
(a) Great riches.
(b) Unsurpassed joy.
(d) A lifetime of misery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which topic does Shaw claim to have failed when writing a play?
2. What word does Tavy use to describe Ann?
3. The play deals with what conflict?
4. Shaw believes that society is following the path of which two places?
5. Who gives a note to Tanner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is implied by Tanner's inaction in denying Ann's announcement of marriage?
2. What warning does Shaw issue to Walkley?
3. What are Mendoza and his group doing waiting beside the road? What is the group called?
4. What is Tanner's view of social and self-imposed morality?
5. What opinions do Mrs. Whitefield and Tanner have about Ann's actions?
6. What example of a reward does Tanner use to make his point?
7. Explain at least one of Shaw's main points in the handbook.
8. Why does Shaw refer to man as being stubborn? How does it affect a man's life?
9. Why does Ramsden have a negative opinion of Tanner?
10. What inspired Shaw's version of Don Juan?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)