|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author refers to progress as what?
(c) An illusion.
2. What is demanded of Tanner?
3. Society is never forced to have a(n):
(a) Uniform morality.
(d) Perfect man.
4. What happens to Ann?
(a) She dies.
(b) She passes out.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She agrees to marry Tavy.
5. How is the handbook incorporated into the play?
(a) As an addendum.
(b) As an appendix.
(c) As a separate act.
(d) As an epilogue.
6. No two people can agree on what topic?
7. To what does Shaw compare marriage?
8. Tanner claims the brigands are working in what capacity?
(c) Fellow travelers.
9. Who plays the role of comforter?
(d) Mrs. Whitefield.
10. Who refuses a marriage proposal?
(b) Mrs. Whitefield.
11. What does Violet feel is beneath her?
(a) The working class.
(b) Malone Sr.
12. What form of literature is used by Mendoza?
(a) Short Story.
13. Who is left in the garden?
14. Which of the following does not arrive shortly after Tanner wakes?
(d) Mr. Ramsden.
15. The handbook includes its own appendix which contains:
(c) Source material.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens between Hector and his father?
2. Who decides if one goes to Heaven or Hell?
3. What word describes both Tanner and Shaw?
4. The author believes that no one will ever full obey the accepted:
5. What is a creation of man?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)