|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Don Juan being punished?
(a) He stole from the church.
(b) He did not pay his taxes.
(c) He murdered someone.
(d) He coveted another man's wife.
2. What was Mendoza's former profession?
(d) Sheep herder.
3. The author believes that no one will ever full obey the accepted:
(a) Speed limit.
(b) Lack of skill.
(c) Moral code.
(d) Level of tolerance.
4. No two people can agree on what topic?
5. Which is one of the main themes in Act 4?
6. Who is Malone supporting financially?
7. Where is Don Juan?
(c) Mountain top.
8. How does Mrs. Whitefield view Tavy?
(a) As a son.
(b) As a nuisance.
(c) As a good friend.
(d) As a good marriage candidate.
9. Conceit is the word used to describe which of the following?
10. Tanner claims the brigands are working in what capacity?
(c) Fellow travelers.
11. Who decides if one goes to Heaven or Hell?
(b) Elementary school teacher.
12. What happens to Ann?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She passes out.
(c) She dies.
(d) She agrees to marry Tavy.
13. Don Juan accuses the woman of:
(a) Moral hypocrisy.
(c) Having no virtue.
(d) Being a whore.
14. How is the handbook incorporated into the play?
(a) As an epilogue.
(b) As an addendum.
(c) As a separate act.
(d) As an appendix.
15. What form of literature is used by Mendoza?
(b) Short Story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not referenced by the handbook?
2. Which of the following does not arrive shortly after Tanner wakes?
3. Who refuses a marriage proposal?
4. The dream sequence shows that Shaw believes in which of the following?
5. Who is, supposedly, the most moral man in the play?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)