|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is demanded of Tanner?
2. Conceit is the word used to describe which of the following?
3. What age does the old woman become?
4. How does Mrs. Whitefield view Tavy?
(a) As a good friend.
(b) As a nuisance.
(c) As a son.
(d) As a good marriage candidate.
5. To what does Tanner refer toward the end?
(a) God is dead.
(b) Golden rule.
(c) Love is evil.
(d) Money is everything.
6. What does Shaw reveal in this work that many authors would not?
(a) Childhood trauma.
(b) Religious upbringing.
7. What is the name of the man in charge of the group?
8. How does the group get Tanner to stop?
(a) Wait at a traffic stop.
(b) Ambush from the side of the road.
(c) Pretend to be in an accident.
(d) Puncture his tires.
9. Where is the handbook first mentioned?
(a) Act I.
(b) Act II.
(c) Act IV.
10. How was the woman known to Henry?
11. The author refers to progress as what?
(d) An illusion.
12. What is Hector's confession?
(a) He is leaving the country.
(b) He lost all of his father's money.
(c) He is having an affair.
(d) He is Violet's husband.
13. Which describes Malone Sr.'s reaction to the offer of financial support?
14. The handbook can also be considered a tool like which of the following?
(c) Road map.
15. What is Don Juan's only inspiration?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who summons Mrs. Whitefield?
2. Where is the woman's father?
3. What happens to Ann?
4. The handbook refers to the quest for what?
5. What does Violet feel is beneath her?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)