|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form of literature is used by Mendoza?
(d) Short Story.
2. What is demanded of Tanner?
3. Conceit is the word used to describe which of the following?
4. Where is the handbook first mentioned?
(a) Act I.
(b) Act IV.
(d) Act II.
5. Who decides if one goes to Heaven or Hell?
(d) Elementary school teacher.
6. What does one do in Heaven?
(a) Study religion.
(b) Walk in the clouds.
(d) Learn to play the harp.
7. How does Malone Sr. react to the news?
(a) He disowns Hector.
(b) He cries.
(c) He storms out.
(d) He has a heart attack.
8. Which is one of the main themes in Act 4?
9. What rarely carries on after death?
(b) Familial relationships.
(c) Hair color.
10. Why was Don Juan being punished?
(a) He coveted another man's wife.
(b) He murdered someone.
(c) He did not pay his taxes.
(d) He stole from the church.
11. What should teach man to progress?
12. What is Don Juan's only inspiration?
13. Where does everyone congregate?
(a) Dining room.
(d) Great hall.
14. Who is, supposedly, the most moral man in the play?
15. To what does Tanner refer toward the end?
(a) Money is everything.
(b) Golden rule.
(c) God is dead.
(d) Love is evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which describes Malone Sr.'s reaction to the offer of financial support?
2. What age does the old woman become?
3. Mrs. Whitefield believes that Tanner has the best chance of giving what to Ann?
4. Hector intends to become a:
5. Tanner claims the brigands are working in what capacity?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)