|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word most accurately expresses the opinion of the author's detractors?
2. Shaw believes that society is following the path of which two places?
(a) Geneva and Germany.
(b) Greece and Rome.
(c) Barcelona and Amsterdam.
(d) France and Italy.
3. Where is Ramsden?
4. What would happen if women had the same standards as men?
(a) World leaders could solve more problems.
(b) Human race would die off.
(c) It would never happen.
(d) The world would become competitive and fairly balanced.
5. According to Tanner, marrying Ann would bring:
(a) A lifetime of misery.
(b) Unsurpassed joy.
(c) Great riches.
6. What does Henry do each time Ann's name is mentioned?
(c) Walks away.
7. What is Robinson's nickname?
8. What is a woman's primary responsibility?
(a) Get married.
(b) Keep a house.
(c) Raise children.
(d) Learn to cook.
9. Which adjective best suits Ramsden?
10. Who is the first to visit Ramsden?
11. How is the guest related to Whitefield?
(c) Business partner.
12. To whom was the letter addressed?
(a) Conan O'Brien.
(b) Arthur Conan Doyle.
(c) Arthur Bingham Walkley.
(d) Brian White.
13. Who does Shaw credit with following his own instincts?
(b) Don Juan.
(c) Don Quixote.
(d) Sancho Panza.
14. What about Tanner comes into question?
(a) Moral character.
(b) Business acumen.
(c) Financial success.
15. Who is Rhoda?
(a) Tanner's sister.
(b) Tavy's mother.
(c) Parlor maid.
(d) Ann's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the would-be suitor lack?
2. Whose dowry might be at stake?
3. The author presents Tanner as being tainted by which of the following?
4. Literature often focuses on what aspect of a woman?
5. Tanner admonishes the group for which of the following?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)