|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not employed by women who want to get their own way?
(b) Political arms.
(c) Legal means.
(d) Social contacts.
2. What form of transportation does Violet use?
3. What type of authors does Shaw respect most?
4. What is Robinson's nickname?
5. Which of the following does the would-be suitor lack?
(a) Social standing.
6. Which writer does Shaw refer to as being "a force?"
7. Shaw believes that society is following the path of which two places?
(a) Geneva and Germany.
(b) France and Italy.
(c) Greece and Rome.
(d) Barcelona and Amsterdam.
8. Who arrives along with Ann and her mother?
9. How do visitors arrive?
(a) On horseback.
(b) On foot.
(c) In a carriage.
(d) By car.
10. How does Ann's mother refer to Tanner's book?
(a) A great truth.
(b) A blatant lie.
(c) God awful.
11. What is the result of art based on relationships?
(a) It holds more meaning.
(b) There is no effect.
(c) It is vibrant.
(d) It is flawed.
12. Shaw states that he does not have time to deal with which issue?
13. Which word best describes Ann?
14. Which adjective best suits Ramsden?
15. Who does Tanner ask for help?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who works on Tanner's automobile?
2. According to Shaw, what is the most important thing about an artist?
3. Who is Rhoda?
4. Who ushers in the first guest?
5. Literature often focuses on what aspect of a woman?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)