|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Robinson's nickname?
2. What is a man's primary responsibility?
3. Most writers portray men as:
(c) The sexual initiator.
4. What does Tanner offer Ann as incentive?
(a) A fur coat.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) A new car.
(d) A trip across Europe.
5. How does Ann's mother refer to Tanner's book?
(a) A great truth.
(c) God awful.
(d) A blatant lie.
6. What was the purpose of the visit?
(a) To shoot the host.
(b) To settle a gambling debt.
(c) To arrange a marriage.
(d) To discuss guardianship.
7. The author presents Tanner as being tainted by which of the following?
(c) Social status.
8. The dedication begins with a letter written by which author?
(a) Mark Twain.
(b) George Bernard Shaw.
(c) James Joyce.
(d) Franz Kafka.
9. According to Shaw, Ann is not afraid to compromise in which area?
10. Who wrote the note?
11. What form of transportation does Violet use?
12. Who causes the secret to be kept?
(a) Malone's father.
13. Who wrote THE REVOLUTIONIST'S HANDBOOK?
14. Who is Rhoda?
(a) Tavy's mother.
(b) Ann's sister.
(c) Tanner's sister.
(d) Parlor maid.
15. How is the guest related to Whitefield?
(d) Business partner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shaw states that he does not have time to deal with which issue?
2. What does Tanner tease Henry about?
3. What adjective best describes Tanner's ideas?
4. Tanner refers to Ramsden as being:
5. One of the characters compares marriage to which of the following?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)