|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What helps shape society?
(c) Class struggle.
2. Shaw states that he does not have time to deal with which issue?
3. Tanner refers to Ramsden as being:
(b) Too old.
(c) Short sighted.
4. Which topic does Shaw claim to have failed when writing a play?
5. What is supposedly the cause behind the incident with Rhoda?
(a) The safety of the car.
(b) It is not revealed.
(c) Ann's jealousy.
(d) Tanner's book.
6. The author presents Tanner as being tainted by which of the following?
(a) Social status.
7. Shaw believes that society is following the path of which two places?
(a) France and Italy.
(b) Geneva and Germany.
(c) Greece and Rome.
(d) Barcelona and Amsterdam.
8. The play deals with what conflict?
(b) Oedipus Complex.
(d) Male and female interaction.
9. Who spouts contradictory opinions on the proposed marriage?
(c) Don Juan.
10. Who is Rhoda?
(a) Ann's sister.
(b) Tanner's sister.
(c) Tavy's mother.
(d) Parlor maid.
11. What is Malone's first name?
12. What does Henry do each time Ann's name is mentioned?
(c) Walks away.
13. What was the purpose of the visit?
(a) To shoot the host.
(b) To arrange a marriage.
(c) To discuss guardianship.
(d) To settle a gambling debt.
14. Whose dowry might be at stake?
15. Who arrives along with Ann and her mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ushers in the first guest?
2. What item is in question?
3. What is the name of Whitefield's daughter?
4. According to Shaw, Ann is not afraid to compromise in which area?
5. Who works on Tanner's automobile?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)