|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dedication begins with a letter written by which author?
(a) George Bernard Shaw.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) James Joyce.
(d) Franz Kafka.
2. What does Henry do each time Ann's name is mentioned?
(c) Walks away.
3. Who does Shaw credit with following his own instincts?
(a) Don Quixote.
(b) Sancho Panza.
(d) Don Juan.
4. Shaw points out that relationships are often affected by:
5. What item is in question?
6. To whom was the letter addressed?
(a) Arthur Bingham Walkley.
(b) Arthur Conan Doyle.
(c) Brian White.
(d) Conan O'Brien.
7. According to Shaw, Ann is not afraid to compromise in which area?
8. Tanner admonishes the group for which of the following?
9. Who is in love with Ann?
10. What type of woman was often written about by modernists?
11. Who spouts contradictory opinions on the proposed marriage?
(d) Don Juan.
12. Most writers portray men as:
(c) The sexual initiator.
13. Violet associates what with degradation?
(a) Dressing in day clothes.
(b) Marrying outside her social rank.
(c) Riding in a car.
14. Who causes the secret to be kept?
(b) Malone's father.
15. What would happen if women had the same standards as men?
(a) World leaders could solve more problems.
(b) It would never happen.
(c) The world would become competitive and fairly balanced.
(d) Human race would die off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is supposedly the cause behind the incident with Rhoda?
2. Where is Ramsden?
3. What about Tanner comes into question?
4. Who is credited with having written the first Don Juan?
5. Shaw has not relied on other writers':
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)