|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Shaw, Ann is not afraid to compromise in which area?
2. The letter asked a question about what famous character?
(a) Scarlet Pimpernel.
(b) Don Quixote.
(c) Hunchback of Notre Dame.
(d) Don Juan.
3. What would happen if women had the same standards as men?
(a) Human race would die off.
(b) World leaders could solve more problems.
(c) The world would become competitive and fairly balanced.
(d) It would never happen.
4. Who is uniquely absent from the complicated actions of ordinary men and women?
5. The author presents Tanner as being tainted by which of the following?
(c) Social status.
6. Tavy unknowingly removes himself from which emotion?
7. To whom was the letter addressed?
(a) Brian White.
(b) Conan O'Brien.
(c) Arthur Bingham Walkley.
(d) Arthur Conan Doyle.
8. Literature often focuses on what aspect of a woman?
(c) Illusory beauty.
9. Where is Ramsden?
10. What does Henry do each time Ann's name is mentioned?
(d) Walks away.
11. What type of authors does Shaw respect most?
12. Tanner refers to Ramsden as being:
(a) Too old.
(d) Short sighted.
13. What was the purpose of the visit?
(a) To arrange a marriage.
(b) To shoot the host.
(c) To settle a gambling debt.
(d) To discuss guardianship.
14. Where does Tanner want to go?
(b) Away from Ann.
(d) To the river.
15. Who is credited with having written the first Don Juan?
(d) de Molina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a man's primary responsibility?
2. What causes Tanner to run away?
3. Shaw points out that relationships are often affected by:
4. Who works on Tanner's automobile?
5. Who wrote the note?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)