|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tanner tease Henry about?
2. One of the characters compares marriage to which of the following?
(a) Ox and yoke.
3. What type of woman was often written about by modernists?
4. What would happen if women had the same standards as men?
(a) The world would become competitive and fairly balanced.
(b) It would never happen.
(c) World leaders could solve more problems.
(d) Human race would die off.
5. What does Henry do each time Ann's name is mentioned?
(b) Walks away.
6. Ann is compared to which animal?
(d) Boa constrictor.
7. Shaw does not believe one of the following is a great writer:
8. What was a new technology at the time?
9. To whom was the letter addressed?
(a) Arthur Bingham Walkley.
(b) Arthur Conan Doyle.
(c) Conan O'Brien.
(d) Brian White.
10. What annoys Tanner?
(a) Loud noises.
(b) Tavy's melancholy.
(c) Neighbor's dog.
11. What is a woman's primary responsibility?
(a) Learn to cook.
(b) Raise children.
(c) Keep a house.
(d) Get married.
12. What is the name of Whitefield's daughter?
(d) Mary Elizabeth.
13. What plan does the group have for the day?
(c) Road trip.
14. Who has become, in essence, Don Juan?
15. Ann claims she can think of nothing but what?
(a) Her wedding day.
(b) Her lost dog.
(c) Her father's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is uniquely absent from the complicated actions of ordinary men and women?
2. Who is the first to visit Ramsden?
3. Who works on Tanner's automobile?
4. The dedication begins with a letter written by which author?
5. Who ushers in the first guest?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)