|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry do each time Ann's name is mentioned?
(b) Walks away.
2. Which topic does Shaw claim to have failed when writing a play?
3. Who arrives along with Ann and her mother?
4. What does the would-be suitor fear?
(a) Financial ruin.
5. What causes Tanner to run away?
(a) He can make money by becoming a sailor.
(b) Ann's flirtation.
(c) He is a fugitive.
(d) His presence is requested at Parliament.
6. The play deals with what conflict?
(a) Oedipus Complex.
(b) Male and female interaction.
7. Where does Tanner want to go?
(b) To the river.
(c) Away from Ann.
8. Which of the following does the would-be suitor lack?
(b) Social standing.
9. What type of authors does Shaw respect most?
10. Who wrote THE REVOLUTIONIST'S HANDBOOK?
11. What is the name of Whitefield's daughter?
(c) Mary Elizabeth.
12. Who does Shaw credit with following his own instincts?
(a) Don Juan.
(c) Sancho Panza.
(d) Don Quixote.
13. Shaw says that women no longer ask for:
14. Which writer does Shaw refer to as being "a force?"
15. Shaw states that he does not have time to deal with which issue?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tanner, marrying Ann would bring:
2. What type of woman was often written about by modernists?
3. Which composer inspired Shaw?
4. Shaw believes that society is following the path of which two places?
5. Which word best describes Ann?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)