|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shaw points out that relationships are often affected by:
2. What does Tanner offer Ann as incentive?
(a) A trip across Europe.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) A fur coat.
(d) A new car.
3. Which writer does Shaw refer to as being "a force?"
4. Who is credited with having written the first Don Juan?
(a) de Molina.
5. Who does Tanner ask for help?
6. Shaw states that he does not have time to deal with which issue?
7. What helps shape society?
(a) Class struggle.
8. What type of authors does Shaw respect most?
9. Where does Tanner want to go?
(c) Away from Ann.
(d) To the river.
10. What is the subject of Tanner's lecture to Ann?
(a) The pact in the garden.
(b) Ann's ties to her mother.
(c) Whitefield's will.
11. What causes Tanner to run away?
(a) His presence is requested at Parliament.
(b) He can make money by becoming a sailor.
(c) He is a fugitive.
(d) Ann's flirtation.
12. What is Malone's first name?
13. Shaw says that women no longer ask for:
14. Who would need to approve a marriage between Tavy and Ann?
15. What is a man's primary responsibility?
Short Answer Questions
1. The dedication begins with a letter written by which author?
2. What annoys Tanner?
3. What about Tanner comes into question?
4. Who spouts contradictory opinions on the proposed marriage?
5. Which political form interests Shaw?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)