|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most writers portray men as:
(a) The sexual initiator.
2. Who is pregnant?
(c) Mary Elizabeth.
3. Which adjective best suits Ramsden?
4. What does Henry do each time Ann's name is mentioned?
(b) Walks away.
5. What is the solution to the pregnancy?
(a) Send the girl away.
6. What type of authors does Shaw respect most?
7. What word most accurately expresses the opinion of the author's detractors?
8. Shaw states that he does not have time to deal with which issue?
9. Shaw says that women no longer ask for:
10. Who is in love with Ann?
11. Violet associates what with degradation?
(b) Marrying outside her social rank.
(c) Dressing in day clothes.
(d) Riding in a car.
12. According to Shaw, Ann is not afraid to compromise in which area?
13. Which group is least admired?
14. Who spouts contradictory opinions on the proposed marriage?
(d) Don Juan.
15. What form of transportation does Violet use?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives a note to Tanner?
2. Literature often focuses on what aspect of a woman?
3. What is Ramsden's first name?
4. Which writer does Shaw refer to as being "a force?"
5. What causes Tanner to run away?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)