|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first to visit Ramsden?
2. Which of the following does the would-be suitor lack?
(c) Social standing.
3. What causes Tanner to run away?
(a) He can make money by becoming a sailor.
(b) He is a fugitive.
(c) His presence is requested at Parliament.
(d) Ann's flirtation.
4. Most writers portray men as:
(a) The sexual initiator.
5. The dedication begins with a letter written by which author?
(a) James Joyce.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) George Bernard Shaw.
(d) Franz Kafka.
6. Who does Shaw credit with following his own instincts?
(a) Don Quixote.
(c) Sancho Panza.
(d) Don Juan.
7. Ann claims she can think of nothing but what?
(a) Her father's death.
(c) Her lost dog.
(d) Her wedding day.
8. Who is in love with Ann?
9. Which topic does Shaw claim to have failed when writing a play?
10. According to Tanner, marrying Ann would bring:
(a) Unsurpassed joy.
(c) A lifetime of misery.
(d) Great riches.
11. Tavy unknowingly removes himself from which emotion?
12. What is Don Juan's profession?
13. Which group is least admired?
14. The play deals with what conflict?
(c) Male and female interaction.
(d) Oedipus Complex.
15. Shaw does not believe one of the following is a great writer:
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is uniquely absent from the complicated actions of ordinary men and women?
2. What is the name of Whitefield's daughter?
3. What plan does the group have for the day?
4. How do visitors arrive?
5. What form of transportation does Violet use?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)