|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shaw believes that society is following the path of which two places?
(a) Greece and Rome.
(b) Geneva and Germany.
(c) France and Italy.
(d) Barcelona and Amsterdam.
2. Who is Rhoda?
(a) Ann's sister.
(b) Tavy's mother.
(c) Parlor maid.
(d) Tanner's sister.
3. What is a man's primary responsibility?
4. What form of transportation does Violet use?
5. Which writer does Shaw refer to as being "a force?"
6. Shaw points out that relationships are often affected by:
7. What does Henry do each time Ann's name is mentioned?
(c) Walks away.
8. One of the characters compares marriage to which of the following?
(b) Ox and yoke.
9. Which political form interests Shaw?
10. What does Tanner offer Ann as incentive?
(a) A new car.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) A fur coat.
(d) A trip across Europe.
11. Tanner refers to Ramsden as being:
(b) Too old.
(c) Short sighted.
12. Who arrives along with Ann and her mother?
13. Byron is better than which of the following?
14. Shaw does not believe one of the following is a great writer:
15. What word most accurately expresses the opinion of the author's detractors?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tanner tease Henry about?
2. Who causes the secret to be kept?
3. What is Robinson's nickname?
4. What is Malone's first name?
5. Ann is compared to which animal?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)