|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tanner offer Ann as incentive?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) A new car.
(c) A trip across Europe.
(d) A fur coat.
2. What item is in question?
3. Tavy unknowingly removes himself from which emotion?
4. To whom was the letter addressed?
(a) Arthur Bingham Walkley.
(b) Arthur Conan Doyle.
(c) Conan O'Brien.
(d) Brian White.
5. What word most accurately expresses the opinion of the author's detractors?
6. What helps shape society?
(a) Class struggle.
7. Who would need to approve a marriage between Tavy and Ann?
8. What adjective best describes Tanner's ideas?
9. What causes Tanner to run away?
(a) He can make money by becoming a sailor.
(b) He is a fugitive.
(c) His presence is requested at Parliament.
(d) Ann's flirtation.
10. What is a woman's primary responsibility?
(a) Get married.
(b) Learn to cook.
(c) Keep a house.
(d) Raise children.
11. Where is Ramsden?
12. Which group is least admired?
13. How do visitors arrive?
(a) On foot.
(b) In a carriage.
(c) By car.
(d) On horseback.
14. Which of the following does the would-be suitor lack?
(d) Social standing.
15. What is the difference between the secretly wed couple?
(a) Social status.
(c) Financial status.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Shaw, what is the most important thing about an artist?
2. Who is pregnant?
3. Shaw has not relied on other writers':
4. What does Tanner tease Henry about?
5. One of the characters compares marriage to which of the following?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)