|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What annoys Tanner?
(a) Tavy's melancholy.
(b) Loud noises.
(c) Neighbor's dog.
2. What is the difference between the secretly wed couple?
(a) Social status.
(c) Financial status.
3. What type of woman was often written about by modernists?
4. How do visitors arrive?
(a) On horseback.
(b) In a carriage.
(c) On foot.
(d) By car.
5. What does Tanner tease Henry about?
6. What does Henry do each time Ann's name is mentioned?
(d) Walks away.
7. Who is pregnant?
(c) Mary Elizabeth.
8. Whose dowry might be at stake?
9. Who would need to approve a marriage between Tavy and Ann?
10. What helps shape society?
(a) Class struggle.
11. Which of the following is not employed by women who want to get their own way?
(a) Legal means.
(c) Social contacts.
(d) Political arms.
12. The author presents Tanner as being tainted by which of the following?
(b) Social status.
13. What is the name of Whitefield's daughter?
(b) Mary Elizabeth.
14. Ann is compared to which animal?
(a) Boa constrictor.
15. Who wrote the note?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Robinson's nickname?
2. The play deals with what conflict?
3. According to Tanner, marrying Ann would bring:
4. Tanner refers to Ramsden as being:
5. What is the result of art based on relationships?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)