|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Literature often focuses on what aspect of a woman?
(a) Illusory beauty.
2. The author presents Tanner as being tainted by which of the following?
(d) Social status.
3. What is a woman's primary responsibility?
(a) Raise children.
(b) Get married.
(c) Learn to cook.
(d) Keep a house.
4. Who arrives along with Ann and her mother?
5. What does Tanner tease Henry about?
6. Where does Tanner want to go?
(b) Away from Ann.
(c) To the river.
7. What helps shape society?
(b) Class struggle.
8. According to Shaw, Ann is not afraid to compromise in which area?
9. What causes Tanner to run away?
(a) His presence is requested at Parliament.
(b) He can make money by becoming a sailor.
(c) Ann's flirtation.
(d) He is a fugitive.
10. Violet associates what with degradation?
(a) Riding in a car.
(c) Marrying outside her social rank.
(d) Dressing in day clothes.
11. Who is Rhoda?
(a) Parlor maid.
(b) Tavy's mother.
(c) Tanner's sister.
(d) Ann's sister.
12. The letter asked a question about what famous character?
(a) Scarlet Pimpernel.
(b) Don Juan.
(c) Don Quixote.
(d) Hunchback of Notre Dame.
13. What does Tanner offer Ann as incentive?
(a) A fur coat.
(b) A trip across Europe.
(c) A new car.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
14. Where is Malone from?
15. Who gives a note to Tanner?
Short Answer Questions
1. Most writers portray men as:
2. How do visitors arrive?
3. Who would need to approve a marriage between Tavy and Ann?
4. What is the result of art based on relationships?
5. Which topic does Shaw claim to have failed when writing a play?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)