|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Tanner, marrying Ann would bring:
(b) Unsurpassed joy.
(c) A lifetime of misery.
(d) Great riches.
2. Who arrives along with Ann and her mother?
3. What does the would-be suitor fear?
(a) Financial ruin.
4. What is the solution to the pregnancy?
(a) Send the girl away.
5. What is a man's primary responsibility?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word most accurately expresses the opinion of the author's detractors?
2. Which group is least admired?
3. What type of woman was often written about by modernists?
4. Whose dowry might be at stake?
5. Tanner admonishes the group for which of the following?
This section contains 124 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)