|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Visitor determine by looking at the suitcase's lock?
(a) There is no lock.
(b) The lock can't be picked.
(c) The lock is complicated.
(d) The lock can be picked.
2. What is the object Woman brings into the room in 'Suitcase' made of?
3. How does Woman prevent Visitor from leaving her house?
(a) She asks Visitor's opinion of her husband.
(b) She begs her to stay.
(c) She calls her a name.
(d) She locks the door.
4. Why has Woman not yet opened the suitcase?
(a) She is afraid of cameras.
(b) She has no courage.
(c) She is afraid of her husband.
(d) The lock is too complicated.
5. What, in 'Suitcase', does Visitor ask Woman if she prepared for her husband?
(b) His clothes.
(d) His bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the offstage voice in 'Suitcase' compare the women's smiles too?
2. What does the audience learn about the character named Woman at the opening of 'Suitcase'?
3. At the end of 'Suitcase', what emotion does Woman expect Visitor feels towards her?
4. What does Woman telephone for at the end of 'Suitcase'?
5. What is the topic of the speech the suitcase makes before being sprayed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What falls from the sky at the start of 'The Man Who Turned into a Stick'? What does the audience realize the object is?
2. What does the offstage voice in 'Suitcase' warn the women not to lose? How does voice describe the item he does not want them to lose?
3. What does Hippie Boy accuse Man and Woman from Hell of doing?
4. What does Hippie Boy sell in addition to the stick?
5. What speech does the suitcase make that the end of the play?
6. What does the stick reveal about himself at the end of the play?
7. Why does Visitor argue that Woman's marriage is in trouble?
8. Describe the two woman in the play 'Suitcase'. How are they related?
9. What does Boxer record in his daily diary?
10. Who are the characters in 'The Man Who Turned into a Stick'?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)