|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the suitcase finally open?
(a) After a crowbar is used.
(b) When Woman asks Visitor to take it with her.
(c) In August.
(d) When the magic words are spoken.
2. Woman claims the object she brings into the room is one thing. What does the audience watching 'Suitcase' realize the object is?
(a) A plate of fruit.
(b) A man.
(c) A suitcase.
3. How many legs does Woman say a spider has?
4. What, in 'Suitcase', does Visitor ask Woman if she prepared for her husband?
(a) His bed.
(c) His clothes.
5. What does the offstage voice in 'Suitcase' compare the women's smiles too?
(b) Crazy people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Visitor use to try and open the suitcase?
2. What does woman wonder out loud about Visitor?
3. What does Visitor tell Woman the suitcase is testing?
4. What does the speaker in 'Suitcase' compare Mona Lisa's smile to?
5. What is the topic of the speech the suitcase makes before being sprayed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Boxer's body feel in round three?
2. What was the message Boxer received in his fortune cookies? Who did he tell about it?
3. What does Boxer record in his daily diary?
4. Who do Hippie Boy and Girl suspect threw the stick and where is that person located?
5. Who are the characters in 'The Man Who Turned into a Stick'?
6. What speech does the suitcase make that the end of the play?
7. What comment does Hippie Girl make about the world?
8. What does Visitor think is in the suitcase? Why does Woman argue that is not possible?
9. What thought preoccupies Boxer during round one?
10. What does the offstage voice in 'Suitcase' warn the women not to lose? How does voice describe the item he does not want them to lose?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)