|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the women feel about the Suitcases speech?
(a) They cry.
2. What does Woman propose they spray on the suitcase?
3. What does the offstage voice in 'Suitcase' compare the women's smiles too?
(b) Crazy people.
4. What does Visitor use to try and open the suitcase?
(a) A hairpin.
(b) An ax.
(c) A nail file.
(d) A hammer.
5. In 'Suitcase' what is Visitor not interested in speaking about?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the voice say can intimidate a smile?
2. Why has Woman not yet opened the suitcase?
3. What does the offstage voice warn the women not to forget in 'Suitcase'?
4. What are the first sounds that emerge from the suitcase?
5. What comment does Visitor make about Woman's marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the offstage voice coach Boxer to do in round two?
2. What does Woman do at the end of the play instead of looking in the suitcase?
3. What does Boxer prefer to drink and put on his shoes before he enters the ring?
4. What do Man and Woman from Hell lecture the audience about at the end of 'The Man who Became a Stick'?
5. How does Boxer's body feel in round three?
6. Why does Boxer consider himself forgetful?
7. Describe the two woman in the play 'Suitcase'. How are they related?
8. Why does Boxer enjoy fighting? What advice does he recall about his opponents?
9. What does Woman bring on stage to show Visitor. What does the audience actually see Woman bring onto the stage?
10. What is 'The Man Who Turned into a Stick' a metaphor for?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)