|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Woman not yet opened the suitcase?
(a) She has no courage.
(b) She is afraid of her husband.
(c) The lock is too complicated.
(d) She is afraid of cameras.
2. How many legs does Woman say a spider has?
3. What does Woman tell Visitor is being delivered later in the evening?
(a) A pizza.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) Chinese food.
4. What does the audience learn about the character named Woman at the opening of 'Suitcase'?
(a) She is married.
(b) She has 5 children.
(c) She is divorced.
(d) She is dying.
5. What does Visitor believe is in the suitcase?
Short Answer Questions
1. Woman claims the object she brings into the room is one thing. What does the audience watching 'Suitcase' realize the object is?
2. What article of clothing does Visitor think reveals Woman's husband's personality?
3. What does Visitor think the suitcase really is?
4. What does the offstage voice in 'Suitcase' compare the women's smiles too?
5. What comment does Visitor make about Woman's marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the voice offstage tell Boxer in round one?
2. What does the offstage voice coach Boxer to do in round two?
3. What does Hippie Boy sell in addition to the stick?
4. How does Boxer's body feel in round three?
5. What does Visitor use to try and open the suitcase? What happens when Visitor tries to open the suitcase?
6. What does Boxer tell Mr. Kimura he is confident in prior to the fight?
7. How do Hippie Boy and Girl use the stick?
8. What does the offstage voice in 'Suitcase' warn the women not to lose? How does voice describe the item he does not want them to lose?
9. What is 'The Man Who Turned into a Stick' a metaphor for?
10. Describe Mr. Kimura in 'The Cliff of Time'.
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)