|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Woman ignore the suitcase?
(a) It makes too much noise.
(b) It is pervasive and asphyxiating.
(c) She knows there is money in there.
(d) The color is so pretty.
2. How do the women feel about the Suitcases speech?
(c) They cry.
3. How does Visitor think Woman's husband treats his wife in 'Suitcase'?
(a) He worships her.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He hits her.
4. What comment does Visitor make about Woman's marriage?
(a) It lacks passion.
(b) The marriage is strong.
(c) The marriage is falling apart.
(d) Woman found her soulmate.
5. How does Woman react to Visitor's suggestion about her husband's ancestors?
(c) She begins to cry.
(d) She screams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the audience learn about the character named Woman at the opening of 'Suitcase'?
2. What, in 'Suitcase', does Visitor ask Woman if she prepared for her husband?
3. What does the offstage voice in 'Suitcase' compare the women's smiles too?
4. What does Visitor tell Woman the suitcase is testing?
5. What is Woman and Visitor's reaction to the noises from the suitcase?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Woman's husband say the suitcase should not upset Woman?
2. How does Woman from Hell feel about the stick? What does Man from Hell warn her about?
3. What does Visitor use to try and open the suitcase? What happens when Visitor tries to open the suitcase?
4. What does the voice offstage in 'Suitcase' speak about? What facts does the voice reveal about the person he or she is speaking about?
5. What does Visitor think is in the suitcase? Why does Woman argue that is not possible?
6. What was the message Boxer received in his fortune cookies? Who did he tell about it?
7. Why does Hippie Boy agree to sell the stick?
8. What does Boxer want Mr. Kimura to arrange and why?
9. How does Boxer's body feel in round three?
10. What does Boxer promise to do with his life in round four?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)