|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the suitcase weigh?
(a) It is almost weightless.
(b) 35 lbs.
(c) It is heavy.
(d) 22 lbs.
2. Woman claims the object she brings into the room is one thing. What does the audience watching 'Suitcase' realize the object is?
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A plate of fruit.
(d) A man.
3. On which body part of Visitor is the hair from the animal?
(a) Her shoulder.
(b) Her head.
(c) Her elbow.
(d) Her leg.
4. What does Woman tell Visitor is being delivered later in the evening?
(a) Chinese food.
(b) A pizza.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A necklace.
5. What does Woman telephone for at the end of 'Suitcase'?
(a) A plumber.
(b) Chinese food.
(c) An electrician.
(d) A pizza.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Visitor believe the suitcase responds to in 'Suitcase'?
2. What birthday is Mona Lisa celebrating in 'Suitcase'?
3. When the suitcase opens what does advice does Woman ask Visitor for?
4. How does Woman react to Visitor's suggestion about her husband's ancestors?
5. At the end of 'Suitcase', what emotion does Woman expect Visitor feels towards her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Visitor think it would be difficult to open the suitcase? What does she realize upon a better look?
2. What comment does Hippie Girl make about the world?
3. What does Woman do at the end of the play instead of looking in the suitcase?
4. What does the voice offstage tell Boxer in round one?
5. How does Woman from Hell feel about the stick? What does Man from Hell warn her about?
6. What thought preoccupies Boxer during round one?
7. What does Visitor use to try and open the suitcase? What happens when Visitor tries to open the suitcase?
8. What does Boxer want Mr. Kimura to arrange and why?
9. What does the voice offstage in 'Suitcase' speak about? What facts does the voice reveal about the person he or she is speaking about?
10. Why does Visitor argue that Woman's marriage is in trouble?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)