|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Woman think about Visitor's suggestion that she confront her husband about the suitcase?
(a) That it is silly.
(b) That it is futile.
(c) The idea terrifies her.
(d) That it is worth a shot.
2. Who does Woman say is in the suitcase?
(a) Her child.
(b) Her husband's ancestors.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her mother.
3. What is the object Woman brings into the room in 'Suitcase' made of?
4. Why is Visitor confused that the suitcase causes Woman so much concern?
(a) It's only a suitcase.
(b) Woman has more important troubles in her life.
(c) Visitor knows what is inside the suitcase.
(d) Woman knows the contents of the suitcase.
5. What does Woman say is inside the suitcase?
(c) Family Heirlooms.
(d) She does not know.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religious belief does Visitor suggest Woman's husband believes in?
2. How does Woman prevent Visitor from leaving her house?
3. How many characters are on stage when 'Suitcase' opens?
4. What does Visitor use to try and open the suitcase?
5. What comment does Visitor make about Woman's marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the offstage voice coach Boxer to do in round two?
2. Who are the characters in 'The Man Who Turned into a Stick'?
3. How do Hippie Boy and Girl use the stick?
4. What does the offstage voice tell Boxer to do in round three?
5. What does Woman ask Visitor about towards the end of the play that convinces Visitor to stay. What is Visitor's response to the question?
6. What do Man and Woman from Hell lecture the audience about at the end of 'The Man who Became a Stick'?
7. What does Woman says is stuck on Visitor's Elbow?
8. Who says "Once again, a man turned into a stick and vanished" and when in the play is this line spoken?
9. What is 'The Man Who Turned into a Stick' a metaphor for?
10. What does the voice offstage tell Boxer in round one?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)