|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Visitor confused that the suitcase causes Woman so much concern?
(a) Woman has more important troubles in her life.
(b) Visitor knows what is inside the suitcase.
(c) Woman knows the contents of the suitcase.
(d) It's only a suitcase.
2. How does Woman prevent Visitor from leaving her house?
(a) She locks the door.
(b) She calls her a name.
(c) She begs her to stay.
(d) She asks Visitor's opinion of her husband.
3. When the suitcase opens what does advice does Woman ask Visitor for?
(a) What she should do with the contents.
(b) Whether she should throw the suitcase away.
(c) Whether she should marry Man.
(d) Whether she should look instead.
4. What does Visitor use to try and open the suitcase?
(a) An ax.
(b) A hairpin.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A nail file.
5. How do the women feel about the Suitcases speech?
(d) They cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the object Woman brings into the room in 'Suitcase' made of?
2. What does Visitor believe the suitcase responds to in 'Suitcase'?
3. What does Woman say is inside the suitcase?
4. What does the offstage voice warn the women not to forget in 'Suitcase'?
5. On which body part of Visitor is the hair from the animal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Boxer attempt to convince himself of in round two?
2. What does Boxer tell Mr. Kimura he is confident in prior to the fight?
3. Why does Hippie Boy agree to sell the stick?
4. What does Woman do at the end of the play instead of looking in the suitcase?
5. What does Hippie Boy sell in addition to the stick?
6. What does Boxer think of his lifestyle? What are some of his daily routines?
7. Describe the two woman in the play 'Suitcase'. How are they related?
8. What do Man and Woman from Hell lecture the audience about at the end of 'The Man who Became a Stick'?
9. What does the voice offstage tell Boxer in round one?
10. What does Woman want to spray on the suitcase and why does Visitor not want to?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)