|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Woman think about the suitcase?
(a) That Visitor packs a lot.
(b) That it is cause for concern.
(c) That her mother should have picked a different color.
(d) That it is nothing to worry about.
2. What does Woman say is inside the suitcase?
(a) Family Heirlooms.
(c) She does not know.
3. What does the audience learn about the character named Visitor at the start of 'Suitcase'?
(a) She is dying.
(b) She has 5 kids.
(c) She is married.
(d) She is not married.
4. Woman claims the object she brings into the room is one thing. What does the audience watching 'Suitcase' realize the object is?
(a) A man.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A plate of fruit.
5. What does Visitor tell Woman the suitcase is testing?
(a) Faith and trust.
(d) Blood pressure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the offstage voice warn the women not to forget in 'Suitcase'?
2. What does the audience learn about the character named Woman at the opening of 'Suitcase'?
3. At the end of 'Suitcase', what emotion does Woman expect Visitor feels towards her?
4. What birthday is Mona Lisa celebrating in 'Suitcase'?
5. What does Woman tell Visitor is being delivered later in the evening?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the voice offstage in 'Suitcase' speak about? What facts does the voice reveal about the person he or she is speaking about?
2. Who does Woman from Hell go to check on and what do we learn about that person?
3. What does Woman want to spray on the suitcase and why does Visitor not want to?
4. Why does Hippie Boy agree to sell the stick?
5. Why do Man and Woman from Hell approach Hippie Boy and Girl?
6. Describe Mr. Kimura in 'The Cliff of Time'.
7. What does Hippie Boy sell in addition to the stick?
8. In the play 'Suitcase', who does the suitcase belong to? What does this person say is in the suitcase?
9. Who are the characters in 'The Man Who Turned into a Stick'?
10. Why does Visitor think that whatever is in the suitcase is alive?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)