|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Experiences in a Concentration Camp" (through page 72).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Were all foremen harsh and cruel?
(a) Very nearly all.
(b) Yes, this was always true.
(c) No, there were some who felt sorry for the prisoners.
(d) Yes, and the harshest tended to hold the most power.
2. Who narrates this story?
(a) A concentration camp survivor.
(b) A woman who claims to have grown up with Hitler.
(c) A former Nazi.
(d) A woman who hid Jews in her home to save them from the concentration camps.
3. Why did prisoners try to get to the center of the lines that workers formed in the morning?
(a) To avoid being seen by the SS.
(b) For the warmth in the center of the group.
(c) They could neither be punished for arriving early nor beaten for arriving late.
(d) Large blocks of people were always selected from the center, so friends could remain together.
4. Why was the author not bothered by sitting near lice-infested human corpses?
(a) He was emotionally distanced from death, and saw the humor in the situation.
(b) As a doctor, he knew that if he were infected with lice, he could easily treat himself.
(c) He was able, near these bodies, to spend a few minutes alone.
(d) He was able to distract himself thinking of his love for his wife.
5. What was the "most ghastly moment of the twenty-four hours of camp life"?
(a) Working in the early hours, in the cold.
(b) Skipping lunch.
(c) Waking up at three in the morning to work.
(d) Dinner time, hungry and dealing with small, flavorless food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Frankl do in freezing temperatures out of doors?
2. As Frankl and his fellow prisoners watched fellow prisoners, what could they calculate?
3. When the author arrived to the concentration camp, the group of arrivals were separated into two lines. What happened to these two groups?
4. When was there a free fight among the prisoners?
5. Why did the Capo in the author's working party do him favors?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)