|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Experiences in a Concentration Camp" (through page 72).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author claim hurts most about the physical blows from SS officers?
(a) The way that the officers hit prisoners where they were already injured.
(b) The way in which the SS officers did not speak to the prisoners before beating them.
(c) The unfairness of the blows.
(d) The use of sticks to hit the prisoners.
2. What job do those who greet the prisoners as they arrive to the concentration camp do?
(a) They decide which women are not strong enough to work.
(b) They separate the sick from the fit.
(c) They find prisoners who are willing to lie about their identities.
(d) They take charge of the belongings of the new arrivals.
3. When was there a free fight among the prisoners?
(a) Before there was a shipment of the feeble and inable to work, when prisoners struggled not to be transported to another site.
(b) Before work began daily, when prisoners competed to be assigned the first jobs, as these were the least physically demanding.
(c) Before bed, when men and women competed for a place on a soft bed.
(d) Before meal time, when prisoners competed for one of the limited number of two-course meals.
4. What did Frankl learn happened at Auschwitz after he left?
(a) Frankl's friend broke his leg and was sent to the gas chamber.
(b) Cannibalism broke out.
(c) Prisoners killed an SS officer.
(d) There was a fire.
5. What concentration camp does the author describe traveling to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in the story of Death in Teheran?
2. What does the author attempt to describe in this essay?
3. What were the exceptions to the "cultural hibernation" in camp?
4. As Frankl and his fellow prisoners watched fellow prisoners, what could they calculate?
5. What are "premium coupons"?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)