|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Experiences in a Concentration Camp" (through page 45).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of outbreak affected the prisoners at the author's camp?
(a) A strong seasonal flu.
(c) Scarlet Fever.
2. Who narrates this story?
(a) A former Nazi.
(b) A woman who claims to have grown up with Hitler.
(c) A concentration camp survivor.
(d) A woman who hid Jews in her home to save them from the concentration camps.
3. Where does the author claim that most of the extermination took place?
(a) In the big, famous camps.
(b) During mass transport, on the road to the camps.
(c) In camps in northern Europe.
(d) In small camps.
4. How were normal reactions hastened among the workers charged with removing sewage?
(a) The Capo would threaten them if they did not quickly stomp in the sewage to clean the latrines and remove sewage.
(b) The officers used loud noises to shock the prisoners as they removed the sewage.
(c) The officers in charge would "reward" those who finished their work quickly by forcing them to clean raw sewage, one of the worst jobs at the concentration camp.
(d) The Capo would strike them if they attempted to wipe off the sewage that splashed on their faces.
5. What were the wishes and desires of prisoners?
(a) The strongest desire was often for more water than was readily available.
(b) Most of the men wished for intimacy.
(c) Food and comfort.
(d) Intellectual stimulation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the principal question that the author tries to address?
2. Who does the author describe smoking in the concentration camps?
3. What does the author think about during difficult moments?
4. What job do those who greet the prisoners as they arrive to the concentration camp do?
5. What possession does the author of this book try to keep after arriving to the concentration camp?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)