|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What method does Maniac use to try to keep Russell and Piper in school after he came back to the McNabs'?
2. How does Maniac convince Mars Bar to go to the West End?
3. Why doesn't Maniac stay in the band shell after Grayson's death?
4. What story does Maniac change in telling to the Pickwells?
5. What does Maniac do after he discovers Grayson is dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. What precious gift does Grayson give to Maniac for Christmas and how does it affect Maniac?
2. How does the situation with Mars Bar climax at Piper's birthday party and how does Mars Bar deal with it all?
3. In January, after Grayson's death, where does Maniac live and how does he take care of himself?
4. Why does Maniac bring Mars Bar to Piper's birthday party?
5. What kind of a home do the McNabs live in?
6. What is family life like at the McNabs?
7. What part of the day does Maniac enjoy the most and why now that June was on its way?
8. How does Maniac manipulate Russell and Piper and how do they manipulate Maniac?
9. What relationships have been solidified by the end of the novel?
10. What contradiction does Maniac experience coming from a reunion at the Beales and going to the McNabs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why doesn't Maniac choose to remain at the Pickwell house? Why does he not choose this loving family as his own when he knows that they would embrace him? What does this say about Maniac's past and his future?
Essay Topic 2
How is Amanda the staying power for Maniac? What makes her different from everyone else that he encounters? How does she ultimately change Maniac?
Essay Topic 3
Whom are the major conflicts in the book between? Are they resolved? If so, how are these conflicts resolved?
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)