|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maniac sleep now that it is almost June?
2. What does Mars Bar come to ask Maniac after the trolley incident?
3. What are the McNabs and Cobras building in the dining room of the McNab house?
4. What can Maniac hear even further away than before, now that he is not living in any particular home in chapter 43?
5. How long do the feats go on for before the perilous one is asked?
Essay Topic 1
Why doesn't Maniac choose to remain at the Pickwell house? Why does he not choose this loving family as his own when he knows that they would embrace him? What does this say about Maniac's past and his future?
Essay Topic 2
How is the pillbox the most frightening part of the whole novel? What does the pillbox symbolize? When John McNab states that others will build one once they see the McNabs, why does this make Maniac sick? Why should it make anyone sick?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Jerry Spinelli give the character of Maniac such incredible athletic abilities even though he is not an athlete?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)