|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Maniac and Mars react to each other when they first begin running together?
2. What makes Maniac run from the graveyard?
3. How long do Maniac and Mars Bar run together before the morning Piper comes screaming down the street?
4. What are the cabins in Valley Forge?
5. What/Who does Maniac wait for in the cabin in Valley Forge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the worms symbolize?
2. What happens to Russell and why can't Maniac save him?
3. Why does Maniac work so hard to get Russell and Piper to go to school?
4. Why does Maniac bring Mars Bar to Piper's birthday party?
5. How does Mars Bar's rescue of Russell help change the prejudices of the town?
6. How is the race between Maniac and Mars Bar uncharacteristic of Maniac?
7. Why does Maniac knowingly let the McNab boys give him crazy feats to perform?
8. What part of the day does Maniac enjoy the most and why now that June was on its way?
9. What comparison does Maniac make between the Pickwells and the Beales in chapter 40?
10. How does the situation with Mars Bar climax at Piper's birthday party and how does Mars Bar deal with it all?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Maniac Magee wonders why Black people are described as being black. How would Maniac rather they be described and what does this say about how Maniac views the stereotype?
Essay Topic 2
What does Hector Street symbolize? How does the street affect the lives of those in both the East End and the West End?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Maniac able to fit into both the black community and the white community? Since he can do this, what does he see that others who cannot fit in don't see?
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)