|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most perilous feat that the McNab boys ask Maniac to perform?
2. What does Maniac make the McNab boys return to Dorsey's Grocery?
3. What gift does Maniac bring Piper?
4. What does Mars Bar call Maniac when they meet again in chapter 38?
5. What are the McNabs and Cobras building in the dining room of the McNab house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What heroic feats does Maniac perform for Russell and Piper?
2. How does the situation with Mars Bar climax at Piper's birthday party and how does Mars Bar deal with it all?
3. How are the two young boys that Maniac finds in the park cabin connected to Maniac?
4. What tale does Mars Bar tell Maniac about Russell?
5. Who saves Maniac from freezing to death and how do they go about it?
6. What comparison does Maniac make between the Pickwells and the Beales in chapter 40?
7. What are the McNabs building in their house and why?
8. What part of the day does Maniac enjoy the most and why now that June was on its way?
9. How do Maniac and Mars Bar find their way back into each other's lives?
10. Why does Maniac bring Mars Bar to Piper's birthday party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Maniac Magee wonders why Black people are described as being black. How would Maniac rather they be described and what does this say about how Maniac views the stereotype?
Essay Topic 2
What is the theme of the book concerning race? How is the theme expressed? What do the characters learn about race by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
What does Hector Street symbolize? How does the street affect the lives of those in both the East End and the West End?
This section contains 1,104 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)