|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom are the two boys related?
2. How does Maniac convince Mars Bar to go to the West End?
3. What does Amanda say to Maniac about his going to her house?
4. What does Maniac do as a feat with the mysterious hole at the creek?
5. Why doesn't Maniac leave the McNab boys when they drive him crazy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What relationships have been solidified by the end of the novel?
2. What heroic feats does Maniac perform for Russell and Piper?
3. How does Grayson't death affect Maniac?
4. What is family life like at the McNabs?
5. Why does Maniac take Mars Bar to the Pickwells?
6. In January, after Grayson's death, where does Maniac live and how does he take care of himself?
7. How does Amanda get her way in the final chapter of the novel?
8. Why does Maniac knowingly let the McNab boys give him crazy feats to perform?
9. In what way does Maniac come to know everyone in town?
10. What are the McNabs building in their house and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the dynamics of Maniac's relationship with Grayson. Why do the two become so close? What does Maniac see in Grayson that others don't see? What does Maniac see in Grayson that even Grayson does not see? How does Grayson treat Maniac? How does Maniac change after Grayson's death?
Essay Topic 2
Why doesn't Maniac go to school? How does this decision affect Maniac, as well as the other major characters in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Why doesn't Maniac choose to remain at the Pickwell house? Why does he not choose this loving family as his own when he knows that they would embrace him? What does this say about Maniac's past and his future?
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)