|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Maniac change in telling to the Pickwells?
2. What is Mars Bar afraid that Russell was going to do to after the trolley incident?
3. What does Maniac tell Mars Bar that the structure is in the dining room of the McNab house?
4. What does Maniac do after he sees Russell in trouble?
5. What last thing does Maniac do before he leaves the band shell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Maniac able to fit into both the black community and the white community? Since he can do this, what does he see that others who cannot fit in don't see?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Jerry Spinelli give the character of Maniac such incredible athletic abilities even though he is not an athlete?
Essay Topic 3
Chapter 14 ends with this quote, "Inside a house a kid gets one name, but on the other side of the door, it's whatever the rest of the world wants to call him." How and why does Maniac wear one "mask" inside and one outside? How does this apply to all of mankind?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)