|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grayson give to Maniac for Christmas?
2. What are the raisins in the McNab house?
3. What does Maniac have to convince John that he hadn't done after delivering back his brothers?
4. Who shows up for Grayson's funeral?
5. Why does Mars Bar hate Maniac at the end of Chapter 38?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Amanda get her way in the final chapter of the novel?
2. What are the McNabs building in their house and why?
3. Why does Maniac bring Mars Bar to Piper's birthday party?
4. What contradiction does Maniac experience coming from a reunion at the Beales and going to the McNabs?
5. What happens to Russell and why can't Maniac save him?
6. In what way does Maniac come to know everyone in town?
7. What tale does Mars Bar tell Maniac about Russell?
8. How does the situation with Mars Bar climax at Piper's birthday party and how does Mars Bar deal with it all?
9. How are the two young boys that Maniac finds in the park cabin connected to Maniac?
10. What is family life like at the McNabs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
John McNab is a complex, dynamic character. How so? How does his characterization affect the themes of race in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
What are the flashbacks in the novel? What is the author's purpose in using the flashbacks?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the protagonist of the story. Why is this character the protagonist? What is the character trying to accomplish? Who is the antagonist? Why is this antagonist trying to stop the protagonist from accomplishing his/her goal?
This section contains 1,215 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)