|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Cobras come to do in the McNab house?
2. What are the raisins in the McNab house?
3. What do the McNab brothers do when they discover that they were actually with Maniac--the famous guy?
4. What does Maniac do after he discovers Grayson is dead?
5. Why does Maniac stop crossing the Schuylkill?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Maniac knowingly let the McNab boys give him crazy feats to perform?
2. Why does Maniac bring Mars Bar to Piper's birthday party?
3. What contradiction does Maniac experience coming from a reunion at the Beales and going to the McNabs?
4. How do the McNabs show their true prejudice during Piper's birthday party?
5. In January, after Grayson's death, where does Maniac live and how does he take care of himself?
6. What comparison does Maniac make between the Pickwells and the Beales in chapter 40?
7. Why does Maniac take Mars Bar to the Pickwells?
8. How is the race between Maniac and Mars Bar uncharacteristic of Maniac?
9. What comparison does Maniac make between Hester and Lester and Russell and Piper in chapter 40?
10. Who saves Maniac from freezing to death and how do they go about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why doesn't Maniac choose to remain at the Pickwell house? Why does he not choose this loving family as his own when he knows that they would embrace him? What does this say about Maniac's past and his future?
Essay Topic 2
What does Hector Street symbolize? How does the street affect the lives of those in both the East End and the West End?
Essay Topic 3
Why doesn't Maniac go to school? How does this decision affect Maniac, as well as the other major characters in the story?
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)