|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes in the Beale household now that Maniac is there?
(a) The yellow bucket is used more.
(b) Amanda takes baths again with the children.
(c) The children are better behaved.
(d) The children start to tie their own shoes.
2. What kind of story does Amanda give to Maniac?
(a) The Children's Crusade.
(b) Children's Poetry.
(c) A book about puppies.
(d) Grimm's Fairy Tales.
3. Why doesn't McNab want to pitch to Maniac?
(a) He is a runt who is not on the league.
(b) He knows Maniac can hit the ball.
(c) Maniac is not on the Green Sox.
(d) Maniac's shoes are flapping.
4. What do the high school kids do to Arnold Jones in Chapter 5?
(a) They force him onto Finsterwalds' porch.
(b) They throw him in a pond.
(c) They toss him over Finsterwald's fence.
(d) They shove him in a locker.
5. How do the Pickwells know when it is dinnertime?
(a) Mrs. Pickwell hollers for them.
(b) Mrs. Pickwell sends the dog for them.
(c) Mrs. Pickwell rings a bell.
(d) Mrs. Pickwell whistles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Beale make a U-turn when taking Maniac home?
2. Who is the first person to speak with Maniac in Two Mills?
3. Where does Maniac wind up after he runs from the baseball game?
4. What does Maniac do to make McNab pitch the ball to him?
5. How does Amanda's mom act when she first meets Maniac?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)