|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Casey marry his ex-wife?
2. How long does Alex plan to stay in Alaska?
3. Why does Alex feel useless in her store?
4. Why is Alex surprised when she awakens in her own cabin for the first time?
5. What plan of action does Alex devise?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Casey react to the sight of Alex in his shirt?
2. How does Alex prepare for her dinner-date with Casey?
3. What agreement does Alex come to with Harry?
4. While Casey is at work at the beginning of Chapter 5, what does Alex do to keep herself busy?
5. What idea does Alex discuss with Casey over dinner in Chapter 7, and how does he react?
6. What does Casey tell Alex about his past in Chapter 7?
7. Why is Alex angry at Casey?
8. Why does Casey decide to go on a trip?
9. What does Andy tell Alex that shocks her in Chapter 7?
10. What happens to Alex's outhouse in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alex and Casey have many ups and downs throughout the narrative. Discuss conflict in the novel "Manhunt". What are some common reasons for conflict between the leads? How do they resolve them?
Essay Topic 2
The novel "Manhunt" is written in third-person point of view, usually from the perspectives of Alex and Casey. Discuss how this point of view affects the reader's understanding of the characters, as well as their motivations and emotions in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the depiction of urban life versus rural life in the novel "Manhunt".
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)