|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was their son when Casey's ex-wife moved away?
2. What does a customer ask while Casey is visiting Alex at the store in Chapter 6?
3. What does Casey do with the customer in Chapter 6?
4. What is Casey unable to stop himself from doing at the end of Chapter 5?
5. How many customers does Alex have in her first two weeks at the store?
Short Essay Questions
1. What idea does Alex discuss with Casey over dinner in Chapter 7, and how does he react?
2. What does Casey tell Alex about his past in Chapter 7?
3. What does Andy tell Alex that shocks her in Chapter 7?
4. Why is Alex hurt by the carpenters' words?
5. What gifts does Casey bring to the store, and why?
6. Why does Alex feel lonely and disappointed at the beginning of Chapter 8?
7. Why does Alex threaten an electrician?
8. While Casey is at work at the beginning of Chapter 5, what does Alex do to keep herself busy?
9. Why does Casey decide to go on a trip?
10. What does Casey do for Alex at the beginning of Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evanovich uses humorous dialogue and situations often in the novel "Manhunt". What effect does this humorous tone have on the novel and how would it be different if the novel were told in a more serious light?
Essay Topic 2
The protagonist of the novel, Alex Scott, soon finds herself falling in love with Michael Casey, a handsome stranger that feels an overpowering desire to help and protect her. Discuss the male lead of the novel, Michael Casey.
Essay Topic 3
The novel "Manhunt" is written in third-person point of view, usually from the perspectives of Alex and Casey. Discuss how this point of view affects the reader's understanding of the characters, as well as their motivations and emotions in the novel.
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)