|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feature of Alex's does Casey give for men not wanting to marry her?
2. What is Casey doing when Alex wakes up in Chapter 4?
3. What room does Alex check out after Casey leaves his house in Chapter 3?
4. Who watches Alexandra's ferry dock?
5. What does Casey admit to Alex in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Casey show his attraction to Alex in Chapter 2?
2. Upon her first look at her land, what is Alex dismayed by?
3. Upon her first look of the cabin, what is Alex dismayed by?
4. What does Casey make Alex promise him before he leaves in Chapter 3?
5. Why does Alex decide to move to Alaska?
6. Why does Casey cancel his meeting in Chapter 3?
7. Describe Casey's home.
8. Who is Andy?
9. While surveying her land, what is Alex startled to find?
10. Why does Casey decide to back off in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Evanovich use exposition? What do we learn about Alex's and Casey's pasts, and how valuable is this information to the narrative?
Essay Topic 2
Describe why Alex was in need of a fresh start and how this change of locale affected her as a character and her life in general.
Essay Topic 3
Alex and Casey have many ups and downs throughout the narrative. Discuss conflict in the novel "Manhunt". What are some common reasons for conflict between the leads? How do they resolve them?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)