|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alex's position at work?
2. What does Alex learn about Casey in Chapter 1?
3. Why does Alex try to bribe her dog?
4. Where does Alex get a tent?
5. What does Alex do while Casey fetches her clothes in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alex decide to stay at her place at the end of Chapter 4?
2. What are the reasons Casey mentions for why he should not like Alex?
3. Why does Alex refuse to stay at Casey's on her first night in Alaska?
4. Why does Casey cancel his meeting in Chapter 3?
5. Who is Andy?
6. Why does Casey buy something for Alex, and what does he buy?
7. In what condition does Alex arrive at Casey's home in Chapter 3, and how did she get this way?
8. In Alex's eyes, what makes up for the bleak cabin and overgrown driveway?
9. What does Casey tell Alex about his past?
10. What does Alex finally realize about Casey in Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A few situations in the novel can be deemed as improbable or far-fetched. Discuss the reader's need to suspend disbelief to appreciate the story. Also, what are some examples of improbable situations in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
How does Evanovich use exposition? What do we learn about Alex's and Casey's pasts, and how valuable is this information to the narrative?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the depiction of urban life versus rural life in the novel "Manhunt".
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)