|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex admit to herself in Chapter 1?
2. What does Alex do while Casey fetches her clothes in Chapter 4?
3. What is the name of Alexandra's dog?
4. Why is Casey perturbed at Harry for letting Alex move in?
5. How long has it been since Harry moved out of the cabin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Casey tell Alex about his past?
2. Upon her first look at her land, what is Alex dismayed by?
3. What is Alex's first impression of the hardware store?
4. Describe the inside of the cabin.
5. Why does Casey sleep in the tent with Alex?
6. Why does Alex decide to stay at her place at the end of Chapter 4?
7. While surveying her land, what is Alex startled to find?
8. What does Alex finally realize about Casey in Chapter 2?
9. In Alex's eyes, what makes up for the bleak cabin and overgrown driveway?
10. What does Alex do to clean up her cabin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author of "Manhunt", Janet Evanovich, is more well-known for her mystery novels rather than her work in the romance novel genre. Discuss her previous work and how "Manhunt" compares to her other work.
Essay Topic 2
Describe why Alex was in need of a fresh start and how this change of locale affected her as a character and her life in general.
Essay Topic 3
The novel "Manhunt" is an example of a romance novel. Discuss the characteristics of the romance novel and why "Manhunt" is an example of this genre.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)