|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Alex described?
2. Why does Alex consider sleeping in her cabin in Chapter 3?
3. Why does Alex jump into the water in Chapter 1?
4. Why is Alex afraid of Casey in Chapter 1?
5. Why did Harry move out of the cabin?
Short Essay Questions
1. While surveying her land, what is Alex startled to find?
2. Upon her first look at her land, what is Alex dismayed by?
3. What does Casey misunderstand when he first encounters Alex?
4. In Alex's eyes, what makes up for the bleak cabin and overgrown driveway?
5. At the end of Chapter 1, what additional reason does the reader learn for Alex's move to Alaska?
6. Why is Alex unable to spend the night in her tent or cabin in Chapter 3?
7. According to Alex, why is Casey not a good match for her?
8. What is Alex's first impression of the hardware store?
9. Why does Casey sleep in the tent with Alex?
10. In what way does Alex let Casey off the hook in Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the depiction of urban life versus rural life in the novel "Manhunt".
Essay Topic 2
The novel "Manhunt" is written in third-person point of view, usually from the perspectives of Alex and Casey. Discuss how this point of view affects the reader's understanding of the characters, as well as their motivations and emotions in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
In the novel "Manhunt", the protagonist is a city-girl who moves to the Alaskan countryside. Discuss the protagonist of the novel, Alex Scott.
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)