|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alex want to talk about with Casey over the dinner she makes them?
(a) The store.
(b) Their future.
(c) Her cabin.
(d) His past.
2. Where had Casey been for the last three days before his visit to Alex's store in Chapter 6?
(b) San Francisco.
(d) New Jersey.
3. Why is Alex surprised when she awakens in her own cabin for the first time?
(a) Alex is surprised to find how light it is.
(b) Alex is surprised to see a baby mouse in her kitchen sink.
(c) Alex is surprised at how cold it is.
(d) Alex is surprised at how well-rested she is.
4. Why did Casey marry his ex-wife?
(a) Casey was lonely.
(b) Casey's ex-wife became pregnant.
(c) They had a son together, so marriage seemed like the logical next step.
(d) Casey loved her.
5. When the man at the store asks Alex out, what does she do?
(a) Alex runs away.
(b) Alex accepts.
(c) Alex picks up an axe to threaten him.
(d) Alex politely declines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex wish she knew how to work?
2. What do the carpenters tell Alex in Chapter 5?
3. What is Alex overwhelmed with in Chapter 5?
4. According to Andy, why did Casey's wife move so far from Alaska?
5. How has Andy handled the changes at the store?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Alex hurt by the carpenters' words?
2. What does Casey tell Alex about his past in Chapter 7?
3. What gifts does Casey bring to the store, and why?
4. What agreement does Alex come to with Harry?
5. What happens to Alex's outhouse in Chapter 8?
6. How does Alex prepare for her dinner-date with Casey?
7. How has business been at Alex's store during her first few weeks?
8. What idea does Alex discuss with Casey over dinner in Chapter 7, and how does he react?
9. As of Chapter 6, why have Alex and Casey not seen much of each other as of late?
10. Why does Alex feel lonely and disappointed at the beginning of Chapter 8?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)