|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea makes Casey crazy with worry in Chapter 7?
(a) Alex's plan to move back to New Jersey.
(b) Alex's plan to use artificial insemination.
(c) Alex's plan to go on a blind date.
(d) Alex's plan to marry Casey.
2. After Alex has arranged the cabin, what is she glad about?
(a) Alex is glad to be able to relax in her own space.
(b) Alex is glad to be away from her former life.
(c) Alex is glad to be out from under Casey's feet.
(d) Alex is glad to be independent again.
3. What causes Casey to feel a pang of emotion in Chapter 5?
(a) Alex has discovered a secret about his past relationship.
(b) Alex has decided to move back to New Jersey.
(c) Alex has moved her furniture out of his garage.
(d) Alex has gathered some wild flowers for Casey's table.
4. What does Casey say to Alex that causes her to react defiantly in Chapter 7?
(a) Casey tells Alex that she is a ditz.
(b) Casey tells Alex that she will not last in Alaska.
(c) Casey tells Alex that she isn't the type that can live alone.
(d) Casey tells Alex that he feels the need to protect her.
5. How does she react to the carpenters' comments?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is touched.
(c) She is badly hurt.
(d) She is confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Casey do with the customer in Chapter 6?
2. When Alex meets Casey in the woods, why is he heading to her house?
3. Why does Casey feel guilty at the beginning of Chapter 7?
4. How does Alex prepare for her date with Casey in Chapter 6?
5. How does Alex punish Casey in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alex threaten an electrician?
2. What does Casey do for Alex at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. Why is Alex hurt by the carpenters' words?
4. As of Chapter 6, why have Alex and Casey not seen much of each other as of late?
5. What idea does Alex discuss with Casey over dinner in Chapter 7, and how does he react?
6. How has the Alaskan winter been causing problems for Alex?
7. How does Alex prepare for her dinner-date with Casey?
8. What feeling does Alex fight off at the end of Chapter 7, and why?
9. What agreement does Alex come to with Harry?
10. What plan of action does Alex decide on and what does she do to put the plan in action?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)