|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Casey vow to do for Alex after they make love?
(a) Marry Alex.
(b) Escort her back to New Jersey.
(c) Find Alex a suitable man to marry.
(d) Help Alex with the store.
2. How many customers does Alex have in her first two weeks at the store?
3. As Casey escorts Alex to his house in Chapter 8, what is he afraid he will do?
(a) Beg her to marry him.
(b) Try to convince her to stay the night.
(c) Flirt with Alex.
(d) Trip and fall on the ice.
4. What is Casey unable to stop himself from doing at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Casey is unable to stop himself from telling Alex his honest feelings.
(b) Casey is unable to stop himself from following Alex home.
(c) Casey is unable to stop himself from kissing Alex.
(d) Casey is unable to stop himself from hugging Alex.
5. According to Alex, what is the status of her relationship with Casey as of Chapter 7?
(a) Alex and Casey are moving forward.
(b) Alex and Casey are in limbo.
(c) Alex and Casey are just friends.
(d) Alex and Casey are having a fling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex allow Harry to do in Chapter 8?
2. What is Harry unhappy about when he arrives in Alaska?
3. What does Casey give Alex at the end of Chapter 5?
4. Where had Casey been for the last three days before his visit to Alex's store in Chapter 6?
5. What does Bruno do while he waits for Alex to return home from work in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Alex hurt by the carpenters' words?
2. Why does Alex change her mind and decide to move in with Casey?
3. What does Casey do for Alex at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. What do Alex and Casey realize after sleeping with each other?
5. What does Casey tell Alex about his past in Chapter 7?
6. What agreement does Alex come to with Harry?
7. Why does Casey decide to go on a trip?
8. How does Alex prepare for her dinner-date with Casey?
9. How does Casey reply when Alex asks him what his true feelings are in Chapter 6?
10. How has the Alaskan winter been causing problems for Alex?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)