|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alex convinced of when Casey leaves her room after they make love for the third time?
(a) Alex is convinced that Casey will tell her his true feelings soon.
(b) Alex is convinced that they will be married one day.
(c) Alex is convinced that Casey is having conflicting emotions.
(d) Alex is convinced that Casey is leaving for good.
2. In Chapter 5, what sight does Casey find very provocative?
(a) Alex wearing one of his shirts.
(b) Alex dancing to his favorite song.
(c) Alex crying during a sad movie.
(d) Alex stepping out of the shower.
3. Why does Alex feel useless in her store?
(a) Alex doesn't understand the hunting business.
(b) Andy refuses to teach Alex anything.
(c) The men prefer to talk to Andy.
(d) Alex is too cold to do any work.
4. Who does Casey arrange to be sent to Alex's store in Chapter 6?
(a) A plumber and electrician.
(b) A sign painter and a phone installer.
(c) An interior designer.
(d) A professional organizer.
5. What does Alex allow Harry to do in Chapter 8?
(a) Spend one night at the cabin.
(b) Take over the store.
(c) Move back into the cabin.
(d) Rearrange things in the store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Casey keep Bruno at his house?
2. What color is Casey's hair?
3. How many pairs of cross country skis has Alex sold as of Chapter 8?
4. Why is Casey in a hurry to get to work in Chapter 5?
5. What does Casey invite Alex to in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan of action does Alex decide on and what does she do to put the plan in action?
2. Why is Alex hurt by the carpenters' words?
3. How does Alex prepare for her dinner-date with Casey?
4. Why does Alex feel lonely and disappointed at the beginning of Chapter 8?
5. Why is Alex angry at Casey?
6. What do Alex and Casey realize after sleeping with each other?
7. How does Casey reply when Alex asks him what his true feelings are in Chapter 6?
8. Why does Alex change her mind and decide to move in with Casey?
9. What idea does Alex discuss with Casey over dinner in Chapter 7, and how does he react?
10. What does Andy tell Alex that shocks her in Chapter 7?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)