|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Alex, not even what creature could live in the cabin?
(a) A troll.
(b) A rodent.
(c) A goblin.
(d) A cockroach.
2. Why does Casey cancel his meeting in Chapter 3?
(a) Casey is tired because he couldn't sleep in the tent.
(b) Casey is sick from the breakfast Alex made him.
(c) Casey is afraid that Alex will hurt herself.
(d) Casey wants to go home and kiss Alex again.
3. What does Casey buy for Alex in Chapter 4?
(a) A toilet seat and a comforter.
(b) A pair of mittens and a scarf.
(c) A kettle and an axe.
(d) An ice scraper and anti-freeze.
4. Why does Alex go to Casey's the morning after her first night?
(a) To warm up.
(b) To have some coffee.
(c) To make some phone calls.
(d) To do a load of laundry.
5. Where is the store Alexandra has bought?
(c) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alex feel about her career change?
2. Why does Alex refuse Casey's invitation to spend the night at his house?
3. How long does it take Alex to take the boards off her windows?
4. What does Alex admit to herself in Chapter 1?
5. Why does Casey laugh at Alex in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Casey cancel his meeting in Chapter 3?
2. What is Alex's first impression of the hardware store?
3. Why does Casey sleep in the tent with Alex?
4. According to Alex, why is Casey not a good match for her?
5. Upon her first look of the cabin, what is Alex dismayed by?
6. Why does Alex refuse to stay at Casey's on her first night in Alaska?
7. Why is Casey perturbed at Harry in Chapter 1?
8. Why does Casey decide to back off in Chapter 4?
9. Why does Alex decide to move to Alaska?
10. How does Casey show his attraction to Alex in Chapter 2?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)