|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who watches Alexandra's ferry dock?
(a) Harry Kowalski.
(b) Alex's mother.
(c) A group of fishermen.
(d) Michael Casey.
2. What sort of footwear is Casey wearing in Chapter 2?
(a) Ski boots.
(c) Hiking boots.
3. What does Casey remind himself about Alex in Chapter 4?
(a) That Alex is a free spirit and therefore unattainable.
(b) That Alex is not the type to stay in Alaska.
(c) That Alex is looking for a dull husband.
(d) That Alex is a cheater.
4. What does Casey command Alex to do after she arrives at his home in Chapter 3?
(a) Calm down and drink tea.
(b) Let him massage her legs and back.
(d) Take a warm shower.
5. What does Casey tell Alex about the hardware store in Chapter 3?
(a) The hardware store is about to go out of business.
(b) The hardware store is more like a fishing and hunting store.
(c) The hardware store is falling apart.
(d) The hardware store is in the next town over.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alex envious of in Chapter 3?
2. How does Alex feel about her career change?
3. What does Alex warn Casey has to stop in Chapter 4?
4. How does Casey break his nose?
5. How much money does Alex spend on camping gear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Andy?
2. In what way does Alex let Casey off the hook in Chapter 2?
3. Describe the inside of the cabin.
4. Why does Alex decide to stay at her place at the end of Chapter 4?
5. What does Alex finally realize about Casey in Chapter 2?
6. Why is Alex unable to spend the night in her tent or cabin in Chapter 3?
7. Upon her first look of the cabin, what is Alex dismayed by?
8. In what condition does Alex arrive at Casey's home in Chapter 3, and how did she get this way?
9. What does Casey misunderstand when he first encounters Alex?
10. Why does Alex refuse to stay at Casey's on her first night in Alaska?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)