|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of footwear is Casey wearing in Chapter 2?
(a) Ski boots.
(b) Hiking boots.
2. Who watches Alexandra's ferry dock?
(a) A group of fishermen.
(b) Alex's mother.
(c) Harry Kowalski.
(d) Michael Casey.
3. What two items does Casey leave for Alex?
(a) A pair of wool socks and some mittens.
(b) A pillow and a flashlight.
(c) A compass and a blanket.
(d) A case of water and some dried meat.
4. When Alex sees her cabin for the first time, what is she dismayed by?
(a) There is no roof.
(b) It is untended.
(c) It is very far from the driveway.
(d) There are no windows.
5. Why does Alex go to Casey's the morning after her first night?
(a) To warm up.
(b) To do a load of laundry.
(c) To have some coffee.
(d) To make some phone calls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Casey have to go in Chapter 2?
2. What does Casey demand in exchange for some ice cream in Chapter 4?
3. How does Alex threaten Casey in Chapter 1?
4. How does Casey break his nose?
5. Why is Alex afraid of Casey in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alex decide to move to Alaska?
2. What does Alex finally realize about Casey in Chapter 2?
3. What is Alex's first impression of the hardware store?
4. While surveying her land, what is Alex startled to find?
5. Upon her first look at her land, what is Alex dismayed by?
6. What does Casey tell Alex about his past?
7. Upon her first look of the cabin, what is Alex dismayed by?
8. Describe the inside of the cabin.
9. According to Alex, why is Casey not a good match for her?
10. In what condition does Alex arrive at Casey's home in Chapter 3, and how did she get this way?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)