|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Casey learn about Alex when he comes by her cabin for the first time?
(a) Alex hates cats.
(b) Alex has bought the cabin from Harry.
(c) Alex is engaged.
(d) It is Alex's birthday.
2. How does Alex think she will end up if she falls for Casey?
(a) Dazed and confused.
(b) Happy and fulfilled.
(c) Wealthy and important.
(d) Heartbroken and lonely.
3. Why does Alex consider sleeping in her cabin in Chapter 3?
(a) To prove to Casey that she can do it.
(b) The tent collapses.
(c) Alex thinks the mice are gone.
(d) The tent is very cold.
4. Who is Andy?
(a) Casey's neighbor on the other side.
(b) A clerk at the hardware store.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) A frequent customer at the hardware store.
5. How does Alex try to bribe her dog?
(a) With a doughnut.
(b) With a bone.
(c) With a chicken wrap.
(d) With a piece of gum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alex get a tent?
2. What does Alex warn Casey has to stop in Chapter 4?
3. What is the name of Alexandra's dog?
4. Why did Harry move out of the cabin?
5. In what condition is the mattress in the cabin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Upon her first look at her land, what is Alex dismayed by?
2. Why is Alex unable to spend the night in her tent or cabin in Chapter 3?
3. Why does Casey buy something for Alex, and what does he buy?
4. How does Casey show his attraction to Alex in Chapter 2?
5. What are the reasons Casey mentions for why he should not like Alex?
6. What does Casey misunderstand when he first encounters Alex?
7. Why does Alex decide to move to Alaska?
8. In what condition does Alex arrive at Casey's home in Chapter 3, and how did she get this way?
9. Why does Casey cancel his meeting in Chapter 3?
10. In what way does Alex let Casey off the hook in Chapter 2?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)