|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alex look forward to in Chapter 5?
(a) Alex looks forward to showing the improved cabin to Casey.
(b) Alex looks forward to the Alaskan winter.
(c) Alex looks forward to seeing the moose.
(d) Alex looks forward to the tests that the Alaskan life brings.
2. Why does Alex feel useless in her store?
(a) The men prefer to talk to Andy.
(b) Andy refuses to teach Alex anything.
(c) Alex doesn't understand the hunting business.
(d) Alex is too cold to do any work.
3. Who does Casey arrange to be sent to Alex's store in Chapter 6?
(a) A sign painter and a phone installer.
(b) A professional organizer.
(c) An interior designer.
(d) A plumber and electrician.
4. How old was their son when Casey's ex-wife moved away?
(a) Three years old.
(b) Six months old.
(c) Two years old.
(d) One year old.
5. What color are Casey's eyes?
6. Why does Casey run towards Alex's cabin in Chapter 8?
(a) Casey hears that Alex is leaving Alaska.
(b) Casey is following Bruno.
(c) Casey smells burning wood and sees flames.
(d) Casey misses Alex.
7. What does Alex find at Casey's house when she is picking up Bruno?
(a) A love letter.
(b) A carton of sour milk.
(c) A suspicious receipt.
(d) A diamond ring.
8. What does Alex inform Casey of at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) That she is returning to New Jersey.
(c) That she has a date.
(d) That she is dying.
9. Why does Casey leave the house quickly the morning after they make love?
(a) To avoid Alex's cooking.
(b) To avoid talking about the previous night.
(c) To avoid his desires.
(d) There is an emergency at work.
10. Why did Casey marry his ex-wife?
(a) Casey was lonely.
(b) Casey loved her.
(c) Casey's ex-wife became pregnant.
(d) They had a son together, so marriage seemed like the logical next step.
11. What does Casey decide to do to after sleeping with Alex for the third time?
(a) Casey decides to move away.
(b) Casey decides to go on a trip.
(c) Casey decides to propose to Alex.
(d) Casey decides to tell Alex that he loves her.
12. After they make love, how does Casey feel?
13. What does Andy try to teach Alex?
(a) How to tie different kinds of knots.
(b) The basics of the fishing business.
(c) How to use the various tools in the shop.
(d) How to use the cash register.
14. Why is the drive home from work difficult in Chapter 8?
(a) There is a moose blocking the road.
(b) There is a lot of snow.
(c) The windshield wipers are broken.
(d) Alex's car has a flat tire.
15. What does Alex wish she knew how to work?
(a) The fancy flashlight that Casey gave her.
(b) The chainsaw at the store.
(c) The woodstove in her cabin.
(d) The lock on her cabin door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alex learn that Casey went on his trip in Chapter 7?
2. What does she leave the carpenters to do in Chapter 5?
3. What does Casey do with the customer in Chapter 6?
4. What is Harry unhappy about when he arrives in Alaska?
5. According to Andy, why did Casey's wife move so far from Alaska?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)