|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Alex surprised when she awakens in her own cabin for the first time?
(a) Alex is surprised to see a baby mouse in her kitchen sink.
(b) Alex is surprised to find how light it is.
(c) Alex is surprised at how well-rested she is.
(d) Alex is surprised at how cold it is.
2. What does Casey decide to do to after sleeping with Alex for the third time?
(a) Casey decides to move away.
(b) Casey decides to tell Alex that he loves her.
(c) Casey decides to propose to Alex.
(d) Casey decides to go on a trip.
3. At the store, who tells Alex that he is not married?
(a) A customer.
(b) An electrician.
(c) A plumber.
(d) A local.
4. As Casey escorts Alex to his house in Chapter 8, what is he afraid he will do?
(a) Trip and fall on the ice.
(b) Beg her to marry him.
(c) Try to convince her to stay the night.
(d) Flirt with Alex.
5. What does Casey grab from Alex's cabin after putting out her heater and lantern?
(a) Some dog food.
(b) Alex's lucky socks.
(c) Some of Alex's clothes.
(d) Alex's paperwork for the store.
6. How does Alex try to impress Casey with her independence?
(a) By building an outhouse.
(b) By using a chainsaw.
(c) By buying wood.
(d) By improving her business.
7. Why does Casey keep Bruno at his house?
(a) Casey is lonely.
(b) Bruno likes Casey more than Alex.
(c) Casey is trying to entice Alex to his house.
(d) To make Alex lonely so that she will leave Alaska.
8. Where had Casey been for the last three days before his visit to Alex's store in Chapter 6?
(b) New Jersey.
(d) San Francisco.
9. What does Alex look forward to in Chapter 5?
(a) Alex looks forward to seeing the moose.
(b) Alex looks forward to showing the improved cabin to Casey.
(c) Alex looks forward to the Alaskan winter.
(d) Alex looks forward to the tests that the Alaskan life brings.
10. After they make love, how does Casey feel?
11. What is Alex overwhelmed with in Chapter 5?
(a) The amount of work needed on the store.
(b) The hopelessness of the cabin's condition.
(c) Casey's dirty house.
(d) The bitter coldness of Alaska.
12. What does Casey do with the customer in Chapter 6?
(a) Casey tells the customer to leave.
(b) Casey flirts with the customer.
(c) Casey tries to set Alex up with the customer.
(d) Casey convinces the customer to spend over $100.00.
13. What causes Alex to cry in Chapter 8?
(a) Alex misses New Jersey.
(b) Alex's muscles are sore from doing so much manual labor.
(c) Alex thinks she sees a bear outside her window.
(d) Alex realizes that she can't handle Alaskan winters.
14. How does she react to the carpenters' comments?
(a) She is touched.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is badly hurt.
(d) She is angry.
15. What is under the tarp that Casey gives Alex?
(a) A four wheeler.
(b) A new mattress.
(c) A new stove.
(d) A stuffed grizzly bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Harry unhappy about when he arrives in Alaska?
2. What does Harry make fun of when he arrives at the store?
3. According to Andy, why did Casey's wife move so far from Alaska?
4. Why is the drive home from work difficult in Chapter 8?
5. Who does Casey arrange to be sent to Alex's store in Chapter 6?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)