|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Casey do with the customer in Chapter 6?
(a) Casey tells the customer to leave.
(b) Casey tries to set Alex up with the customer.
(c) Casey convinces the customer to spend over $100.00.
(d) Casey flirts with the customer.
2. What causes Alex to cry in Chapter 8?
(a) Alex realizes that she can't handle Alaskan winters.
(b) Alex thinks she sees a bear outside her window.
(c) Alex misses New Jersey.
(d) Alex's muscles are sore from doing so much manual labor.
3. What does Bruno do while he waits for Alex to return home from work in Chapter 8?
(a) Sits at the end of the driveway.
(c) Whimpers at the door.
(d) Bruno paces in front of the window.
4. What does Alex buy after work?
(a) A cake.
(c) A present for Casey.
(d) A new pair of shoes.
5. What does Alex punish Casey for in Chapter 8?
(a) Ignoring her.
(b) Bringing Harry back to Alaska.
(c) Ruining her business.
(d) Driving her car into the ditch.
6. What is Casey unable to stop himself from doing at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Casey is unable to stop himself from hugging Alex.
(b) Casey is unable to stop himself from telling Alex his honest feelings.
(c) Casey is unable to stop himself from kissing Alex.
(d) Casey is unable to stop himself from following Alex home.
7. As Casey escorts Alex to his house in Chapter 8, what is he afraid he will do?
(a) Try to convince her to stay the night.
(b) Trip and fall on the ice.
(c) Beg her to marry him.
(d) Flirt with Alex.
8. Where does Alex learn that Casey went on his trip in Chapter 7?
9. What is Alex convinced of when Casey leaves her room after they make love for the third time?
(a) Alex is convinced that Casey will tell her his true feelings soon.
(b) Alex is convinced that Casey is leaving for good.
(c) Alex is convinced that they will be married one day.
(d) Alex is convinced that Casey is having conflicting emotions.
10. What does Andy try to teach Alex?
(a) How to use the cash register.
(b) How to use the various tools in the shop.
(c) The basics of the fishing business.
(d) How to tie different kinds of knots.
11. What does Casey give Alex at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) A roll of toilet paper and a toilet seat.
(b) A bone for Bruno.
(c) A stack of magazines to read.
(d) A parka.
12. What do the carpenters tell Alex in Chapter 5?
(a) Casey has a reputation as a lady-killer.
(b) They are single but Casey said not to hit on Alex.
(c) Casey sent them because they have brown hair and aren't married.
(d) Casey told them that he slept with Alex but doesn't want to see her again.
13. What does Casey grab from Alex's cabin after putting out her heater and lantern?
(a) Alex's lucky socks.
(b) Some dog food.
(c) Some of Alex's clothes.
(d) Alex's paperwork for the store.
14. What does Alex find at Casey's house when she is picking up Bruno?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) A love letter.
(c) A suspicious receipt.
(d) A carton of sour milk.
15. Who does Casey arrange to be sent to Alex's store in Chapter 6?
(a) A plumber and electrician.
(b) A sign painter and a phone installer.
(c) A professional organizer.
(d) An interior designer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what sight does Casey find very provocative?
2. How does Alex punish Casey in Chapter 8?
3. How many pairs of cross country skis has Alex sold as of Chapter 8?
4. How long does Alex plan to stay in Alaska?
5. What does she leave the carpenters to do in Chapter 5?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)