|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Casey tell Alex about his wife and son?
(a) Casey was embarassed by his divorce.
(b) Casey was trying to forget about his past life.
(c) Casey didn't trust Alex yet.
(d) Casey wasn't sure how to tell her.
2. What does Casey grab from Alex's cabin after putting out her heater and lantern?
(a) Alex's lucky socks.
(b) Some of Alex's clothes.
(c) Some dog food.
(d) Alex's paperwork for the store.
3. What does Andy try to teach Alex?
(a) How to tie different kinds of knots.
(b) How to use the various tools in the shop.
(c) The basics of the fishing business.
(d) How to use the cash register.
4. What causes Alex to cry in Chapter 8?
(a) Alex's muscles are sore from doing so much manual labor.
(b) Alex thinks she sees a bear outside her window.
(c) Alex misses New Jersey.
(d) Alex realizes that she can't handle Alaskan winters.
5. Why is Casey in a hurry to get to work in Chapter 5?
(a) Casey is late for a meeting.
(b) A pilot has called in sick.
(c) The workers have gone on strike.
(d) A plane has been damaged.
6. Why does Alex find it difficult to start her kerosene heater in Chapter 8?
(a) Alex's fingers are frozen stiff.
(b) Alex broke her thumb at work.
(c) Alex doesn't know how to use the heater.
(d) The heater is broken.
7. What color are Casey's eyes?
8. As Casey escorts Alex to his house in Chapter 8, what is he afraid he will do?
(a) Trip and fall on the ice.
(b) Beg her to marry him.
(c) Try to convince her to stay the night.
(d) Flirt with Alex.
9. What is Harry unhappy about when he arrives in Alaska?
(a) The Alaskan weather.
(b) The state of the cabin.
(c) The flight.
(d) The changes in the store.
10. What does Bruno do while he waits for Alex to return home from work in Chapter 8?
(a) Whimpers at the door.
(b) Sits at the end of the driveway.
(c) Bruno paces in front of the window.
11. What does Alex look forward to in Chapter 5?
(a) Alex looks forward to seeing the moose.
(b) Alex looks forward to the Alaskan winter.
(c) Alex looks forward to the tests that the Alaskan life brings.
(d) Alex looks forward to showing the improved cabin to Casey.
12. Why did Casey marry his ex-wife?
(a) They had a son together, so marriage seemed like the logical next step.
(b) Casey's ex-wife became pregnant.
(c) Casey was lonely.
(d) Casey loved her.
13. What does Alex want to talk about with Casey over the dinner she makes them?
(a) The store.
(b) Their future.
(c) Her cabin.
(d) His past.
14. In Chapter 5, what sight does Casey find very provocative?
(a) Alex dancing to his favorite song.
(b) Alex crying during a sad movie.
(c) Alex wearing one of his shirts.
(d) Alex stepping out of the shower.
15. When the man at the store asks Alex out, what does she do?
(a) Alex politely declines.
(b) Alex picks up an axe to threaten him.
(c) Alex accepts.
(d) Alex runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Casey run towards Alex's cabin in Chapter 8?
2. What does Alex inform Casey of at the end of Chapter 8?
3. What does Alex punish Casey for in Chapter 8?
4. Where does Alex learn that Casey went on his trip in Chapter 7?
5. What does Casey drag into Alex's store?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)