|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alex go to Casey's the morning after her first night?
(a) To warm up.
(b) To have some coffee.
(c) To do a load of laundry.
(d) To make some phone calls.
2. What sort of footwear is Casey wearing in Chapter 2?
(a) Hiking boots.
(b) Ski boots.
3. What kind of business does Casey own?
(a) A fishing boat rental company.
(b) A cargo business.
(c) A logging business.
(d) A distribution company.
4. How does Alex threaten Casey in Chapter 1?
(a) Alex grabs a log and threatens to hit Casey with it.
(b) Alex pulls out her cell phone and says she will dial 911.
(c) Alex tells Casey that she will sic the dog on him.
(d) Alex pulls out a pair of tweezers and threatens to stab Casey with them.
5. What does Casey tell Alex to do at his house after he leaves in Chapter 2?
(a) Do the dishes.
(b) Have breakfast and a shower.
(d) Watch TV and read a book.
6. How long has it been since Harry moved out of the cabin?
(a) Three years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Five years.
7. When Alex sees her new land for the first time, what is she dismayed by?
(a) The condition of the driveway.
(b) The large marshy area.
(c) The lack of privacy.
(d) The lack of landscaping.
8. What does Casey remind himself about Alex in Chapter 4?
(a) That Alex is looking for a dull husband.
(b) That Alex is not the type to stay in Alaska.
(c) That Alex is a cheater.
(d) That Alex is a free spirit and therefore unattainable.
9. Why does Casey doubt that Alex can run the cook stove?
(a) Alex doesn't look like the type that cooks.
(b) The stove looks as if it is in need of repair.
(c) Alex would have to chop a lot of wood.
(d) Alex has probably never seen that type of stove before.
10. What is the name of Alexandra's dog?
11. What does Alex try to eat in Chapter 3?
(a) A bowl of granola.
(b) A piece of toast.
(c) Some strawberries.
(d) Some scrambled eggs.
12. What kind of man is Alex not interested in?
(a) A man who is older than 40 and younger than 25.
(b) A man who doesn't make enough money to support a family.
(c) A man who has spent his life in a stressful office.
(d) A man who classifies himself as the adventurous type.
13. According to Casey, what walks across the muskeg every morning?
(a) A moose.
(b) A buck.
(c) A hare.
(d) A pack of wolves.
14. Why does Casey laugh at Alex in Chapter 4?
(a) Casey laughs at Alex's lack of athletic ability.
(b) Casey laughs at Alex's cooking skills.
(c) Casey laughs at Alex's singing voice.
(d) Casey laughs at Alex's fancy clothes and flimsy shoes.
15. What does Alex realize in Chapter 2?
(a) Bruno dislikes his new home.
(b) Alex is attracted to Casey.
(c) She misses city life.
(d) Casey likes her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Alex described?
2. How much money does Alex spend on camping gear?
3. Why did Harry move out of the cabin?
4. What two items does Casey leave for Alex?
5. How does Alex feel after seeing the hardware store?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)