|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alex feel about her career change?
(a) Nervous and unsure.
(b) Unhappy and stressed.
(c) Cautious yet hopeful.
(d) Relieved and excited.
2. What sort of footwear is Casey wearing in Chapter 2?
(a) Hiking boots.
(b) Ski boots.
3. What work does Alex do at the cabin in Chapter 4?
(a) Alex removes the kitchen countertop.
(b) Alex paints the walls.
(c) Alex sands and varnishes the cabin's floor.
(d) Alex wallpapers the loft area.
4. What room does Alex check out after Casey leaves his house in Chapter 3?
(a) Casey's bathroom.
(b) Casey's games room.
(c) Casey's office.
(d) Casey's bedroom.
5. Why does Alex consider sleeping in her cabin in Chapter 3?
(a) Alex thinks the mice are gone.
(b) The tent is very cold.
(c) The tent collapses.
(d) To prove to Casey that she can do it.
6. According to Casey, what walks across the muskeg every morning?
(a) A moose.
(b) A hare.
(c) A buck.
(d) A pack of wolves.
7. What is Casey doing when Alex wakes up in Chapter 4?
(a) Running on his treadmill.
(b) Frying bacon.
(d) Cleaning his bedroom.
8. What takes Alex's breath away in Chapter 1?
(a) Casey's figure.
(b) The panoramic view and Alaskan mountain range.
(c) The kindness of the locals.
(d) The size of the cabin.
9. What does Alex warn Casey has to stop in Chapter 4?
(a) Ignoring her.
(b) Helping her.
(c) Following her.
(d) Kissing her.
10. How does Alex feel after seeing the hardware store?
11. What does Alex do while Casey fetches her clothes in Chapter 4?
(a) Bakes cookies.
(b) Takes a nap.
(c) Rearranges his cupboards.
12. What does Casey buy for Alex in Chapter 4?
(a) A kettle and an axe.
(b) A pair of mittens and a scarf.
(c) An ice scraper and anti-freeze.
(d) A toilet seat and a comforter.
13. What does Casey tell Alex to do at his house after he leaves in Chapter 2?
(a) Watch TV and read a book.
(c) Have breakfast and a shower.
(d) Do the dishes.
14. How does Alex try to bribe her dog?
(a) With a piece of gum.
(b) With a bone.
(c) With a doughnut.
(d) With a chicken wrap.
15. What is the average winter temperature in Alaska?
(a) Twenty to thirty degrees below zero.
(b) Thirty to forty degrees below zero.
(c) Fifteen to twenty degrees below zero.
(d) Ten to fifteen degrees below zero.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Casey learn about Alex when he comes by her cabin for the first time?
2. What is Casey impressed by during the hardware store visit in Chapter 4?
3. Why did Harry move out of the cabin?
4. How much money does Alex spend on camping gear?
5. Why does Casey cancel his meeting in Chapter 3?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)