|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alex not envious of in Chapter 3?
(a) Casey's clutter.
(b) Casey's fashion sense.
(c) Casey's meddling mother.
(d) Casey's job.
2. Who is Andy?
(a) A frequent customer at the hardware store.
(b) The sheriff.
(c) A clerk at the hardware store.
(d) Casey's neighbor on the other side.
3. What does Casey give Alex to cover herself up with while they eat in Chapter 4?
(a) A tablecloth.
(b) A pair of jogging pants and a t-shirt.
(c) A blanket.
(d) His pajamas.
4. Why did Harry move out of the cabin?
(a) He wanted to live closer to the pub.
(b) He moved in with his daughter.
(c) He wanted indoor plumbing.
(d) He broke his hip.
5. Where does Casey have to go in Chapter 2?
(a) The mountains.
(c) The airport.
(d) A town meeting.
6. Why does Casey cancel his meeting in Chapter 3?
(a) Casey wants to go home and kiss Alex again.
(b) Casey is afraid that Alex will hurt herself.
(c) Casey is tired because he couldn't sleep in the tent.
(d) Casey is sick from the breakfast Alex made him.
7. Where does Alex live before moving to her new place?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New Jersey.
8. What does Casey tell Alex to do at his house after he leaves in Chapter 2?
(a) Have breakfast and a shower.
(b) Watch TV and read a book.
(c) Do the dishes.
9. Where does Alex get a tent?
(a) Casey lends it to her.
(b) She finds it in the cabin.
(c) She buys it at the closest general store.
(d) She brought it herself.
10. What does Casey promise he will do on Alex's first night in Alaska?
(a) Fetch some extra blankets for her.
(b) Build her a fire.
(c) Leave his door unlocked in case she gets scared.
(d) Stay nearby in case wild animals approach.
11. What does Alex warn Casey has to stop in Chapter 4?
(a) Helping her.
(b) Kissing her.
(c) Ignoring her.
(d) Following her.
12. Why does Alex consider sleeping in her cabin in Chapter 3?
(a) To prove to Casey that she can do it.
(b) Alex thinks the mice are gone.
(c) The tent collapses.
(d) The tent is very cold.
13. What is the average winter temperature in Alaska?
(a) Thirty to forty degrees below zero.
(b) Twenty to thirty degrees below zero.
(c) Ten to fifteen degrees below zero.
(d) Fifteen to twenty degrees below zero.
14. According to Alex, not even what creature could live in the cabin?
(a) A cockroach.
(b) A troll.
(c) A goblin.
(d) A rodent.
15. How does Alex feel after seeing the hardware store?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the store Alexandra has bought?
2. How does Alex feel about her career change?
3. What does Casey admit to Alex in Chapter 4?
4. Why was Alex unable to find a husband in New Jersey?
5. What does Alex tell Casey she has come to Alaska in search of?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)