|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of store has Alexandra bought?
(a) Jewelry store.
(b) Shoe store.
(c) Hardware store.
(d) General store.
2. How does Alex think she will end up if she falls for Casey?
(a) Wealthy and important.
(b) Heartbroken and lonely.
(c) Happy and fulfilled.
(d) Dazed and confused.
3. What does Alex tell Casey she has come to Alaska in search of?
(a) The meaning of life.
(b) Her true self.
(c) Peace and quiet.
(d) A husband.
4. What work does Alex do at the cabin in Chapter 4?
(a) Alex wallpapers the loft area.
(b) Alex sands and varnishes the cabin's floor.
(c) Alex paints the walls.
(d) Alex removes the kitchen countertop.
5. What takes Alex's breath away in Chapter 1?
(a) The size of the cabin.
(b) Casey's figure.
(c) The panoramic view and Alaskan mountain range.
(d) The kindness of the locals.
6. What is the name of Alexandra's dog?
7. What does Casey tell Alex about the hardware store in Chapter 3?
(a) The hardware store is falling apart.
(b) The hardware store is more like a fishing and hunting store.
(c) The hardware store is about to go out of business.
(d) The hardware store is in the next town over.
8. Why does Casey doubt that Alex can run the cook stove?
(a) Alex would have to chop a lot of wood.
(b) Alex doesn't look like the type that cooks.
(c) Alex has probably never seen that type of stove before.
(d) The stove looks as if it is in need of repair.
9. Why does Alex jump into the water in Chapter 1?
(a) To save her dog.
(b) To celebrate her move.
(c) To test the temperature.
(d) To save an expensive pair of shoes.
10. What is the average winter temperature in Alaska?
(a) Fifteen to twenty degrees below zero.
(b) Twenty to thirty degrees below zero.
(c) Thirty to forty degrees below zero.
(d) Ten to fifteen degrees below zero.
11. How does Alex feel after seeing the hardware store?
12. What does Casey admit to Alex in Chapter 4?
(a) That he recently separated from his wife.
(b) That Alex is the most exciting woman he has ever met.
(c) That he is interested in seducing her but is not interested in marriage.
(d) That he has never been in love and is scared to fall in love.
13. What does Casey remind Alex of in Chapter 4?
(a) A cat hunting a mouse.
(b) A vulture circling.
(c) A dog with a bone.
(d) A pig in mud.
14. When Alex sees her cabin for the first time, what is she dismayed by?
(a) There is no roof.
(b) It is very far from the driveway.
(c) It is untended.
(d) There are no windows.
15. What is Alex envious of in Chapter 3?
(a) Casey's music collection.
(b) Casey's truck.
(c) Casey's extensive shoe collection.
(d) Casey's large and modern home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Casey impressed by during the hardware store visit in Chapter 4?
2. Why does Alex choose Alaska to find a husband?
3. What does Casey do while Alex rests in his bed in Chapter 4?
4. What does Alex take from Casey's home in Chapter 3?
5. How is Alex described?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)