|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what condition does Alex arrive at Casey's house?
(a) Feeling faint from lack of nourishment.
(b) Crying because she saw something in the bush.
(c) Soaked with a bloody knee.
(d) Tired from running all the way from her cabin.
2. Why is Alex surprised when she awakens in her own cabin for the first time?
(a) Alex is surprised to see a baby mouse in her kitchen sink.
(b) Alex is surprised at how well-rested she is.
(c) Alex is surprised to find how light it is.
(d) Alex is surprised at how cold it is.
3. What does Casey command Alex to do after she arrives at his home in Chapter 3?
(a) Let him massage her legs and back.
(b) Calm down and drink tea.
(c) Take a warm shower.
4. What causes Casey to feel a pang of emotion in Chapter 5?
(a) Alex has gathered some wild flowers for Casey's table.
(b) Alex has discovered a secret about his past relationship.
(c) Alex has decided to move back to New Jersey.
(d) Alex has moved her furniture out of his garage.
5. Why is Casey in a hurry to get to work in Chapter 5?
(a) A plane has been damaged.
(b) Casey is late for a meeting.
(c) The workers have gone on strike.
(d) A pilot has called in sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does she react to the carpenters' comments?
2. What room does Alex check out after Casey leaves his house in Chapter 3?
3. What does Alex take from Casey's home in Chapter 3?
4. What does Casey remind himself about Alex in Chapter 4?
5. What does Casey say to Alex that causes her to react defiantly in Chapter 7?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)