|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the nearest grocery store?
(a) Bud's Grocery.
(b) Bruce's Food Stop.
(c) Marty's Supermarket.
(d) Leonard's Shop and Save.
2. What does Alex admit to herself in Chapter 1?
(a) That Alex is overwhelmed by the big change in her life.
(b) That Alex has made a rash decision by trading properties.
(c) That Alex should not have brought her dog along.
(d) That Alex is attracted to Casey.
3. Why does Alex refuse Casey's invitation to spend the night at his house?
(a) Alex dislikes Casey.
(b) Alex doesn't want to be a burden to Casey.
(c) Alex is worried about the trouble that hormones might bring.
(d) Alex wants to prove to herself that she can handle things on her own.
4. What is the average winter temperature in Alaska?
(a) Fifteen to twenty degrees below zero.
(b) Thirty to forty degrees below zero.
(c) Ten to fifteen degrees below zero.
(d) Twenty to thirty degrees below zero.
5. What two items does Casey leave for Alex?
(a) A case of water and some dried meat.
(b) A pillow and a flashlight.
(c) A compass and a blanket.
(d) A pair of wool socks and some mittens.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Alex, what historical figure did not have an electric eggbeater?
2. What does Alex realize in Chapter 2?
3. What does Alex do while Casey fetches her clothes in Chapter 4?
4. Who watches Alexandra's ferry dock?
5. What does Alex take from Casey's home in Chapter 3?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)