|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Casey to feel a pang of emotion in Chapter 5?
(a) Alex has moved her furniture out of his garage.
(b) Alex has decided to move back to New Jersey.
(c) Alex has gathered some wild flowers for Casey's table.
(d) Alex has discovered a secret about his past relationship.
2. According to Alex, what historical figure did not have an electric eggbeater?
(a) Joan of Arc.
(b) Henry VIII.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Jane Austen.
3. Why does Alex go to Casey's the morning after her first night?
(a) To make some phone calls.
(b) To do a load of laundry.
(c) To warm up.
(d) To have some coffee.
4. What two items does Casey leave for Alex?
(a) A pillow and a flashlight.
(b) A pair of wool socks and some mittens.
(c) A compass and a blanket.
(d) A case of water and some dried meat.
5. Why does Alex jump into the water in Chapter 1?
(a) To test the temperature.
(b) To celebrate her move.
(c) To save her dog.
(d) To save an expensive pair of shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What electrical item does Alex tell Casey she does not use?
2. When the man at the store asks Alex out, what does she do?
3. What does she leave the carpenters to do in Chapter 5?
4. How does Alex try to bribe her dog?
5. What do the carpenters tell Alex in Chapter 5?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)