Prologue and Chapter One
1. What is Alex's position at work?
(d) Junior vice president.
2. How is Alex described?
(a) A handsome woman in her early thirties.
(b) An attractive woman in her late twenties.
(c) A spitfire in her early twenties.
(d) A rapidly aging woman in her forties.
3. How does Alex feel about her career change?
(a) Nervous and unsure.
(b) Cautious yet hopeful.
(c) Unhappy and stressed.
(d) Relieved and excited.
4. What kind of store has Alexandra bought?
(a) General store.
(b) Shoe store.
(c) Hardware store.
(d) Jewelry store.
5. Where is the store Alexandra has bought?
(b) New Jersey.
(c) New York.
6. Who watches Alexandra's ferry dock?
(a) A group of fishermen.
(b) Alex's mother.
(c) Michael Casey.
(d) Harry Kowalski.
7. What is the name of Alexandra's dog?
8. Why does Alex try to bribe her dog?
(a) Her dog is overly excited.
(b) Her dog is chewing on something precious to her.
(c) Her dog is barking uncontrollably.
(d) Her dog is being uncooperative.
This section contains 5,268 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)