Prologue and Chapter One
• Alex quits her job as a junior vice president.
• Alex moves to Alaska to work at a hardware store she has bought.
• At the dock in Alaska, Alex's dog, Bruno, jumps into the cold water.
• Alex jumps in to save her dog, prompting Casey to follow suit.
• A life preserver breaks Casey's nose.
• Alex is unable to find her rescuer to thank him.
• Alex sees her land for the first time and its condition dismays her.
• Alex is impressed with the view and the mountain range.
• Casey is perturbed that Harry would sell his cabin to a woman like Alex.
• The cabin is not in good condition.
• Alex, Casey and Bruno explore the cabin.
• The cabin and its contents are in poor condition.
• Alex is delighted by the sunset and the news that a moose passes by each morning.
• Alex realizes that...
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)