|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George Baldwin think will happen as a result of the war?
(a) His gold futures will go through the roof.
(b) There will be a food shortage.
(c) His wife will go crazy.
(d) The Stock Exchange will close.
2. Where does Jimmy take Harland to lunch?
(a) A Mexican resaurant.
(b) A Chinese restaurant.
(c) A Syrian restaurant.
(d) A bistro.
3. Where does Jimmy tell Tony to go when he questions his sexuality?
(a) To the country.
(b) To Crete.
(c) To a psychoanalyst.
(d) To San Francisco.
4. What song is playing on the grind organ as Pearline passes?
(a) Merry Widow Waltz.
(b) Dog Day Afternoon.
(c) Oh, Tannenbaum.
(d) Petite Waltz.
5. To where does Rosie want to make a getaway?
(a) Paris or Havana.
(b) The Virgin Islands.
(d) Trinidad and Tobago.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nevada end up marrying?
2. In the Chinese restaurant, what song is the jazz band playing when Dutch and Francie are dancing?
3. Who gruffly blurts out, "We all have to die sometime," in Ellen's apartment?
4. To whom does Stan refer when he is trying to light himself on fire?
5. Mr. Snow says actors and actresses are put on the market like what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does George tell Phil in regards to Elaine?
2. What has happened in Captain James Merivale's family since he has been gone?
3. What does Jimmy say about his job at the Times?
4. What does Dick Snow say about Ellen's divorce?
5. Why is Dutch asked to leave the dance floor of the Chinese restaurant?
6. When Ellen is having their baby, why does Jimmy think she is going to die?
7. What does Jimmy say to Congo concerning their comparative social status?
8. When a shower of petals flutters all over the table at the roadhouse, how does Ellen react?
9. Who does Maisie's boyfriend Jack say he has worked for?
10. How does Pearline normally feel about fires?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)