|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Nevada get her name?
(a) Her mom ran into a car with Nevada plates as she was in labor.
(b) She was born in Reno.
(c) He rmother was a Vegas dancer.
(d) She had a birthmark shaped like the state.
2. Jimmy Herf thinks reporters are what?
3. Who says he has come from overseas making the world safe for democracy?
(a) George Baldwin.
(b) Colonel Schmidt.
(d) Captain James Merivale.
4. What were Babylon and Nineveh built out of, according to Stan?
5. Where does Jimmy want to go when he sees the French boat in the harbor?
(b) To the war.
(c) To Mexico.
(d) To the Caribbean.
Short Answer Questions
1. After a night of dancing in Chapter 14, how does Anna accidentally wake her aunt up?
2. What is Goldweiser's sister's name?
3. What is Mrs. Densch afraid she is going to look like if she doesn't go to the party in her new dress?
4. Where do the minarets flame-like great candles round the Golden Horn?
5. What does Martin say an artist is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joe Harland tell Jimmy to be careful what he does?
2. What does Dick Snow say about Ellen's divorce?
3. What is Congo's line of work and how is he faring?
4. What does Anna's mother say when she scolds her for her line of work?
5. What does Jimmy say to Congo concerning their comparative social status?
6. What does Jimmy say about his job at the Times?
7. What is the greatest sight in the world according to Jimmy Herf as he and his family return from abroad?
8. How does Pearline normally feel about fires?
9. What doe Phil think will happen if he can sell his tiles to architects?
10. Why does Stan throw the chair through the window of his apartment?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)