|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jimmy, who was the man killed in the war named Jaures?
(a) A spy for the Germans.
(b) An anarchist.
(c) A French socialist.
(d) A journalist.
2. Who has gotten her throat X-rayed?
(b) Ruth Prynne.
(d) Mrs. Sunderland.
3. What dish does Ellen send away form the table?
(a) Twice-baked potatoes.
4. Stan used to say to Ellen, "No time to get tight like______".
(a) A tightrope.
5. Where do the minarets flame-like great candles round the Golden Horn?
Short Answer Questions
1. What song is playing on the grind organ as Pearline passes?
2. What is the name of Stan's surprise bride from Niagara Falls?
3. What does Martin say an artist is?
4. Where does Jimmy take Harland to lunch?
5. Where does Jimmy go while Ellie is having her baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the greatest sight in the world according to Jimmy Herf as he and his family return from abroad?
2. What are the virtues of its tobacco extolled by the Socony company?
3. What has happened in Captain James Merivale's family since he has been gone?
4. When Ellen is having their baby, why does Jimmy think she is going to die?
5. What does George tell Phil in regards to Elaine?
6. What does Anna's mother say when she scolds her for her line of work?
7. How does Pearline normally feel about fires?
8. Why is Dutch asked to leave the dance floor of the Chinese restaurant?
9. How does George declare his feelings for Elaine at dinner?
10. How do the people at the Louis Expresso Association's Annual Dance react to Gus McNeil's presence?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)