|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dinner does George wish to order for Ellen?
(a) A Long Island shore dinner.
(b) A five-course meal.
(c) Spaghetti and meatballs.
(d) Cornish game hens under glass.
2. Stan used to say to Ellen, "No time to get tight like______".
(c) A tightrope.
3. Jimmy wishes he could blame all his woes on what to make himself feel better?
(a) His ancestors.
4. What does George Baldwin think will happen as a result of the war?
(a) His gold futures will go through the roof.
(b) His wife will go crazy.
(c) There will be a food shortage.
(d) The Stock Exchange will close.
5. According to Stan, what was Athens built of?
(d) Goldmarble columns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Snow says actors and actresses are put on the market like what?
2. Who is the dressmaker that Jimmy takes Ellen to?
3. What is Stan's occupation?
4. What does the "tramp" that Joe and Skinny encounter think people need?
5. Who does Gus McNeil tell Burke to set up a drink on him for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened in Captain James Merivale's family since he has been gone?
2. Why is Dutch asked to leave the dance floor of the Chinese restaurant?
3. What does Ellen say to George when he tells her Cecily has consented to a divorce?
4. What does Jimmy say about his job at the Times?
5. What does George tell Phil in regards to Elaine?
6. What does Jimmy say to Congo concerning their comparative social status?
7. What does she mean when Rachel Goldweiser says that New York is pleasanter in midsummer than any other time?
8. Why does Joe Harland tell Jimmy to be careful what he does?
9. Why does Stan throw the chair through the window of his apartment?
10. How do the people at the Louis Expresso Association's Annual Dance react to Gus McNeil's presence?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)