|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George Baldwin think of Washington?
(a) It is a greasy backwater.
(b) It is the key to his political career.
(c) It is the center of sin.
(d) It is the best place to get pie.
2. What is the name of the child of Jimmy Herf and Ellen Thatcher?
3. Where does Jimmy work as a reporter?
(a) At the Times.
(b) At the Voice.
(c) At the Herald.
(d) At the Post.
4. Where does Jimmy tell Tony to go when he questions his sexuality?
(a) To a psychoanalyst.
(b) To San Francisco.
(c) To Crete.
(d) To the country.
5. Where does Mr. Cunningham get his divorce from Mrs. Cunningham?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosie want from the flower stall in the lobby?
2. What does Stan wish he was?
3. To where does Rosie want to make a getaway?
4. Who does Tony Hunter go out with despite his homosexuality?
5. What is Stan doing in a mirror in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the greatest sight in the world according to Jimmy Herf as he and his family return from abroad?
2. When a shower of petals flutters all over the table at the roadhouse, how does Ellen react?
3. What doe Phil think will happen if he can sell his tiles to architects?
4. When Ellen is having their baby, why does Jimmy think she is going to die?
5. What has happened in Captain James Merivale's family since he has been gone?
6. What does she mean when Rachel Goldweiser says that New York is pleasanter in midsummer than any other time?
7. What are the virtues of its tobacco extolled by the Socony company?
8. What does Stan say to himself in the mirror regarding his marriage?
9. What does Jimmy say about his job at the Times?
10. What does Congo say of Jimmy's life experience?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)