|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says to herself, "Somebody loves me, I wonder who..."?
(b) Mrs. Baldwin.
(d) Mrs. Merivale.
2. Who does Tony Hunter go out with despite his homosexuality?
3. Who is the dressmaker that Jimmy takes Ellen to?
(a) Madame Soubrine.
(b) Madame Rigaud.
(c) Lady Chemise.
(d) Mrs. Sunderland.
4. What is Stan doing in a mirror in Chapter 12?
(d) Sticking his tongue out.
5. What is Stan's occupation?
(b) Club owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Stan to say "To hell with it" when he gets to his apartment?
2. What does George Baldwin think will happen as a result of the war?
3. Where do the minarets flame-like great candles round the Golden Horn?
4. What does Anna say about children in Chapter 17?
5. What does Jimmy Herf say about reading the paper in New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pearline normally feel about fires?
2. What are the virtues of its tobacco extolled by the Socony company?
3. What does Congo say of Jimmy's life experience?
4. What does she mean when Rachel Goldweiser says that New York is pleasanter in midsummer than any other time?
5. What does George tell Phil in regards to Elaine?
6. Why is Dutch asked to leave the dance floor of the Chinese restaurant?
7. Who does Maisie's boyfriend Jack say he has worked for?
8. How do the people at the Louis Expresso Association's Annual Dance react to Gus McNeil's presence?
9. What is Congo's line of work and how is he faring?
10. What is the greatest sight in the world according to Jimmy Herf as he and his family return from abroad?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)