|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ellen fells like a _________ in her metal green evening dress when she is out with Harry.
(a) A pile of dry leaves.
(b) A stiff cast iron figure.
(c) A mannequin.
(d) A paper doll.
2. Anna's mother scolds her in what language besides English?
3. As Ellen walks along Eighth Street to Dick Snow's office, what song does she hear a grind organ playing?
(a) The Star Spangled Banner.
(b) Blue Danube.
(d) Yankee Doodle.
4. What is Stan doing in a mirror in Chapter 12?
(d) Sticking his tongue out.
5. According to the "tramp", there is more wickedness in one block in New York City than in a square mile in _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the child of Jimmy Herf and Ellen Thatcher?
2. After a night of dancing in Chapter 14, how does Anna accidentally wake her aunt up?
3. What does Martin say an artist is?
4. Who does Tony Hunter go out with despite his homosexuality?
5. What do the Herfs smuggle into the country from their trip abroad?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)