|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the girls where Anna works elbow each other to turn in?
(a) Stolen watches.
(b) Dance checks.
(c) Poker chips.
(d) Time cards.
2. In the Chinese restaurant, what song is the jazz band playing when Dutch and Francie are dancing?
(a) Take the A Train.
(b) In the Mood.
3. Who is the dressmaker that Jimmy takes Ellen to?
(a) Madame Rigaud.
(b) Mrs. Sunderland.
(c) Lady Chemise.
(d) Madame Soubrine.
4. Jimmy is soaring like a _____________ when he smells Ellen's hair while dancing.
(a) A bottlerocket.
(b) A fireballoon.
(c) A homerun.
(d) An eagle.
5. How does Congo lose his leg?
(a) On Mont Tomba, Italy.
(b) In a hunting accident.
(c) Running after trains.
(d) In a circular saw accident in Switzerland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Densch afraid she is going to look like if she doesn't go to the party in her new dress?
2. What song is playing on the grind organ as Pearline passes?
3. Who says he has come from overseas making the world safe for democracy?
4. What is Stan's occupation?
5. Who says to herself, "Somebody loves me, I wonder who..."?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Congo say of Jimmy's life experience?
2. What are the virtues of its tobacco extolled by the Socony company?
3. What does Jimmy say to Congo concerning their comparative social status?
4. What doe Phil think will happen if he can sell his tiles to architects?
5. What does Anna's mother say when she scolds her for her line of work?
6. What does Jimmy say about his job at the Times?
7. How does Pearline normally feel about fires?
8. Who does Maisie's boyfriend Jack say he has worked for?
9. What does Dick Snow say about Ellen's divorce?
10. Why is Dutch asked to leave the dance floor of the Chinese restaurant?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)