|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stan doing in a mirror in Chapter 12?
(a) Sticking his tongue out.
2. What does Martin say an artist is?
(a) A thinker.
(b) A louse.
(c) A fardel.
(d) An enlightener.
3. What is the name of Stan's surprise bride from Niagara Falls?
4. What dinner does George wish to order for Ellen?
(a) Cornish game hens under glass.
(b) Spaghetti and meatballs.
(c) A Long Island shore dinner.
(d) A five-course meal.
5. Jimmy Herf thinks reporters are what?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the "tramp", there is more wickedness in one block in New York City than in a square mile in _______.
2. Stan used to say to Ellen, "No time to get tight like______".
3. What dish does Ellen send away form the table?
4. Where does Jimmy want to go when he sees the French boat in the harbor?
5. What do the Herfs smuggle into the country from their trip abroad?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dutch asked to leave the dance floor of the Chinese restaurant?
2. What is Congo's line of work and how is he faring?
3. What does Stan say to himself in the mirror regarding his marriage?
4. What has happened in Captain James Merivale's family since he has been gone?
5. Who does Maisie's boyfriend Jack say he has worked for?
6. What does Anna's mother say when she scolds her for her line of work?
7. What does she mean when Rachel Goldweiser says that New York is pleasanter in midsummer than any other time?
8. Why does Joe Harland tell Jimmy to be careful what he does?
9. What is the greatest sight in the world according to Jimmy Herf as he and his family return from abroad?
10. What does Jimmy say about his job at the Times?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)