|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Densch afraid she is going to look like if she doesn't go to the party in her new dress?
(a) A country schoolteacher.
(b) A ragged harlot.
(c) A Southern grandmother.
(d) A poor Amish person.
2. What causes Stan to say "To hell with it" when he gets to his apartment?
(a) Pearline's smell.
(b) Ellen's absence.
(c) The cash in his pocket.
(d) The empty refirgerator.
3. According to Jimmy, who was the man killed in the war named Jaures?
(a) An anarchist.
(b) A French socialist.
(c) A spy for the Germans.
(d) A journalist.
4. Where does Jimmy go while Ellie is having her baby?
(a) Out to eat.
(b) The Flea Circus.
(c) To get a drink.
(d) To a burlesque show.
5. Who is the only friend Harland has in the family?
(a) His favorite grandmother.
(b) His son.
(c) Jimmy's Aunt Emily.
(d) Jimmy's mother, Lily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosie want from the flower stall in the lobby?
2. What do the girls where Anna works elbow each other to turn in?
3. After a night of dancing in Chapter 14, how does Anna accidentally wake her aunt up?
4. Alice Sheffield goes to what store to buy quite a lot of things?
5. Jimmy is soaring like a _____________ when he smells Ellen's hair while dancing.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)