|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stan's occupation?
(c) Club owner.
2. What does Anna say about children in Chapter 17?
(a) She finds babysitting makes her want them more.
(b) She is never going to have any.
(c) She wants to adopt.
(d) She wants a child badly.
3. After a night of dancing in Chapter 14, how does Anna accidentally wake her aunt up?
(a) She starts humming too loudly.
(b) She bumps into the kitchen table.
(c) She trips on a rug and falls to the floor.
(d) She giggles loudly when her boyfriend kisses her goodnight.
4. Jimmy wishes he could blame all his woes on what to make himself feel better?
(a) His ancestors.
5. What does Stan wish he was?
(a) An artist.
(b) A success.
(c) A thunder cloud.
(d) A skyscraper.
Short Answer Questions
1. George Baldwin sends two dozen of what type of rose to Ellen?
2. Who has gotten her throat X-rayed?
3. What dish does Ellen send away form the table?
4. What is Mrs. Densch afraid she is going to look like if she doesn't go to the party in her new dress?
5. What is Stan doing in a mirror in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dutch asked to leave the dance floor of the Chinese restaurant?
2. What doe Phil think will happen if he can sell his tiles to architects?
3. How does Pearline normally feel about fires?
4. What does George tell Phil in regards to Elaine?
5. What has happened in Captain James Merivale's family since he has been gone?
6. What does she mean when Rachel Goldweiser says that New York is pleasanter in midsummer than any other time?
7. What are the virtues of its tobacco extolled by the Socony company?
8. What does Jimmy say gives him goose flesh as he talks to Tony Hunter about stories in the paper?
9. What does Jimmy say to Congo concerning their comparative social status?
10. When a shower of petals flutters all over the table at the roadhouse, how does Ellen react?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)