|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jimmy go while Ellie is having her baby?
(a) To get a drink.
(b) To a burlesque show.
(c) The Flea Circus.
(d) Out to eat.
2. Who is the only friend Harland has in the family?
(a) Jimmy's Aunt Emily.
(b) His son.
(c) His favorite grandmother.
(d) Jimmy's mother, Lily.
3. What does Ellen say a woman wants when George says he will go mad if he can't have her?
(b) True love.
4. What does Jimmy Herf offer his cousin, Joe Harland, in Chapter 11?
(a) Money for lunch.
(b) A ride into town.
(c) A Camel cigarette.
(d) A pen.
5. Stan used to say to Ellen, "No time to get tight like______".
(d) A tightrope.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the taxi driver who drops Elaine and George off, why is there is such a big crowd at the road house?
2. Who does Tony Hunter go out with despite his homosexuality?
3. What does the "tramp" that Joe and Skinny encounter think people need?
4. Who has gotten her throat X-rayed?
5. Ellen fells like a _________ in her metal green evening dress when she is out with Harry.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dutch asked to leave the dance floor of the Chinese restaurant?
2. When Ellen is having their baby, why does Jimmy think she is going to die?
3. Why does Stan throw the chair through the window of his apartment?
4. What does Ellen say to George when he tells her Cecily has consented to a divorce?
5. What does Jimmy say to Congo concerning their comparative social status?
6. What does Stan say to himself in the mirror regarding his marriage?
7. What doe Phil think will happen if he can sell his tiles to architects?
8. What does Anna's mother say when she scolds her for her line of work?
9. What is Congo's line of work and how is he faring?
10. When a shower of petals flutters all over the table at the roadhouse, how does Ellen react?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)