|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes with Ed to a saloon for a drink?
(a) George Baldwin.
(b) Tony Hunter.
(c) Mr. Zucher.
(d) The surgeon.
2. Why does Stan want to go to Mouquin's in the morning?
(a) For an absinthe cocktail.
(b) For the flowers.
(c) For bacon and eggs.
(d) To find Ellie.
3. Where is the yellow-painted drugstore that the man at the end of Chapter 1 goes to?
(a) Canal Street.
(b) Wall Street.
(c) Off Broadway.
(d) 42nd Street.
4. What does Stan say he was born as?
(a) A pessimist.
(b) A dirty dog.
(c) A capitalist.
(d) A nihilist.
5. Who does Mrs. Sunderland think Jimmy is when he visits Ruth Prynne?
(a) The police.
(b) Her father.
(c) The rent collector.
(d) A stalker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the train called in New York besides the subway?
2. Who is apparently staying at the Waldorf as evidenced by the flag outside the building?
3. Where is Bud born and raised?
4. What does Bud do to his father?
5. What is Congo's favorite subject?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jimmy Herf say to Ruth Prynne about Elaine's relationship with Jojo?
2. What does Jimmy's mother tell him when he burns his tongue on hot mustard?
3. What does Jimmy say to Stan when he asks for liquor in the morning, and where has Stan come in from?
4. How does the man with the diamond stud compliment Olga?
5. Why does Nellie call George "Mr. Baldwin"?
6. What does Phil Sandbourne say of a man's morals as he is talking to Hartly?
7. What does the man sitting next to Joe Harland in the Battery say of the actresses in the papers?
8. What has Ed Thatcher worried as he enters the hospital with flowers for his wife?
9. Why does Bud jump off the Brooklyn Bridge?
10. Who does George Baldwin have lunch with after encountering Mr. Emery of Emery & Emery on his way out of his office building, and what does he tell this person?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)