|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Phil Sandbourne think has done more for the city of New York than any other man living?
(a) Henry Ford.
(b) Joe Harland.
(c) Stanford White.
(d) Andrew Carnegie.
2. When Jimmy is returning from his sea voyage, what does the man say that the yellow flagged boat is?
(a) The orphanage boat.
(b) The prison boat.
(c) The deportation boat.
(d) The quarrantine boat.
3. Where are John and Elaine going so that she can feel gay?
(b) Upstate New York.
(d) Atlantic City.
4. Who is apparently staying at the Waldorf as evidenced by the flag outside the building?
(a) The Siamese ambassador.
(b) The Canadian prime minister.
(c) The Queen of England.
(d) The Kaiser of Germany.
5. Who tells Emile she will never put herself in a man's power again?
(a) Mademoiselle Chiffon.
(b) Madame Rigaud.
(c) Ruth Prynne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ed's drinking buddy do for a living?
2. What is Congo's favorite subject?
3. What is Jimmy called by his friends when he throws them out of his room for making him fight?
4. What does Cassie think of Ellen?
5. As the building is burning a man tells Thatcher what about the fire's origin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Jimmy's mother ever laugh anymore the week before he goes back to school? How does he react?
2. Why does Mrs. Olafson say that life is really going to be worth living now?
3. Why does the nurse have to give Susie a sedative?
4. How does Nicky Schatz set up the burglary of the apartment where Stan and Elaine are having an affair?
5. What does Stan say to Jimmy about languages?
6. Why does Jimmy walk faster when he passes the Chinese laundry?
7. What does Harry say of Elaine's performance backstage with Sol next to him?
8. Why does the girl in the forget-me-not hat confront Emile in the street?
9. What does NIWDLAB EGROEG mean?
10. What does Phil Sandbourne say of a man's morals as he is talking to Hartly?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)