|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gus say is the ruination of many a good man?
2. Who does Joe Harland ask for a loan of "twenty-five" dollars?
3. What color are Jojo Oglethorpe's spats?
4. Captain McAvoy is in the pilothouse of which tugboat?
5. What is the dress that Ellen's mother bought her at Hearn's made of?
(a) Slubbed shantung.
(c) Black Watch plaid.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the lady with the pink cameo say she is going to give Bud for moving a load of coal?
2. As the building is burning a man tells Thatcher what about the fire's origin?
3. What is the boy Slats really good at?
4. Why is Mrs. McNeil skeptical that George Baldwin is a lawyer?
5. What building where mostly nice people live does Jimmy pass on Broadway on his way to buy some candy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does NIWDLAB EGROEG mean?
2. What does Joe Harland say of whiskey when he goes to the bar?
3. What happens when Ellen runs her hand through her husband John's hair on the train?
4. What does Stan say when Elaine tells him his drinking is beyond a joke?
5. Why can't Jimmy remember how his mother used to look when he is near the cemetery?
6. What does the man with the cauliflower face complain about when Congo arrives to talk to Emile?
7. Why has Bud Korpenning come to New York?
8. What does John Oglethorpe say to George of his relationship with Elaine?
9. What does Joe O'Keefe say about loaning a dollar to Joe Harland?
10. What does Phil Sandbourne say of a man's morals as he is talking to Hartly?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)