|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jimmy tell Tony to go when he questions his sexuality?
(a) To Crete.
(b) To San Francisco.
(c) To the country.
(d) To a psychoanalyst.
2. Jimmy is soaring like a _____________ when he smells Ellen's hair while dancing.
(a) An eagle.
(b) A bottlerocket.
(c) A homerun.
(d) A fireballoon.
3. Who does Nevada end up marrying?
(a) Bud Korpenning.
(b) Jimmy Herf.
(c) George Baldwin.
(d) Armand Duvall.
4. Where does Congo learn to speak American and tend bar?
(d) New York.
5. What song is playing on the grind organ as Pearline passes?
(a) Petite Waltz.
(b) Oh, Tannenbaum.
(c) Dog Day Afternoon.
(d) Merry Widow Waltz.
6. To whom does Stan refer when he is trying to light himself on fire?
(a) The golden boy.
(b) The goddess of pain.
(c) Ellen and her kind.
(d) A lady on a white horse.
7. What is the name of the child of Jimmy Herf and Ellen Thatcher?
8. According to Stan, what was Athens built of?
(d) Goldmarble columns.
9. What were Babylon and Nineveh built out of, according to Stan?
10. Dick Snow's mother owns what kind of factory?
(a) Chewing gum.
11. What does Stan wish he was?
(a) A skyscraper.
(b) A success.
(c) A thunder cloud.
(d) An artist.
12. To where does Rosie want to make a getaway?
(a) Paris or Havana.
(b) The Virgin Islands.
(d) Trinidad and Tobago.
13. Where does Jimmy work as a reporter?
(a) At the Post.
(b) At the Times.
(c) At the Voice.
(d) At the Herald.
14. Alice Sheffield goes to what store to buy quite a lot of things?
(a) Lord & Taylor.
(d) Nieman Marcus.
15. What does Phil Sandbourne find himself drinking in the hospital after being hit by a car?
(a) Hot tea form a ceramic cup.
(b) Milk through a straw.
(c) Icewater out of a teapot.
(d) Lemonade in a jar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jimmy Herf say about reading the paper in New York?
2. According to the "tramp", there is more wickedness in one block in New York City than in a square mile in _______.
3. What is Mrs. Densch afraid she is going to look like if she doesn't go to the party in her new dress?
4. What does George Baldwin think of Washington?
5. Where do the minarets flame-like great candles round the Golden Horn?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)