|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the girls where Anna works elbow each other to turn in?
(a) Time cards.
(b) Stolen watches.
(c) Poker chips.
(d) Dance checks.
2. Jimmy Herf thinks reporters are what?
3. What do the Herfs smuggle into the country from their trip abroad?
(b) Exotic birds.
4. What is the name of Stan's surprise bride from Niagara Falls?
5. How old is Stan in "Rollercoaster"?
(d) A high school kid.
6. How does Jimmy see Ellen at the restaurant in Gare de Lyon?
(a) As a porcelain figure under bellglass.
(b) As a towering skyscraper.
(c) As a warm rose with thorns.
(d) As a typical mother.
7. In the Chinese restaurant, what song is the jazz band playing when Dutch and Francie are dancing?
(a) Take the A Train.
(c) In the Mood.
8. Who does Tony Hunter go out with despite his homosexuality?
9. How does Congo lose his leg?
(a) In a circular saw accident in Switzerland.
(b) In a hunting accident.
(c) Running after trains.
(d) On Mont Tomba, Italy.
10. What does Stan wish he was?
(a) A thunder cloud.
(b) An artist.
(c) A skyscraper.
(d) A success.
11. Ellen fells like a _________ in her metal green evening dress when she is out with Harry.
(a) A paper doll.
(b) A stiff cast iron figure.
(c) A pile of dry leaves.
(d) A mannequin.
12. What does the "tramp" that Joe and Skinny encounter think people need?
(a) A good meal.
(b) A swift kick in the pants.
(d) Earthquake insurance.
13. After a night of dancing in Chapter 14, how does Anna accidentally wake her aunt up?
(a) She trips on a rug and falls to the floor.
(b) She bumps into the kitchen table.
(c) She giggles loudly when her boyfriend kisses her goodnight.
(d) She starts humming too loudly.
14. Which company makes pipe tobacco that doesn't come in tins?
15. Who says to herself, "Somebody loves me, I wonder who..."?
(c) Mrs. Baldwin.
(d) Mrs. Merivale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jimmy Herf offer his cousin, Joe Harland, in Chapter 11?
2. Where does Congo learn to speak American and tend bar?
3. What is Mrs. Densch afraid she is going to look like if she doesn't go to the party in her new dress?
4. Who has gotten her throat X-rayed?
5. What is Goldweiser's sister's name?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)