|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says to herself, "Somebody loves me, I wonder who..."?
(b) Mrs. Baldwin.
(c) Mrs. Merivale.
2. Jimmy is soaring like a _____________ when he smells Ellen's hair while dancing.
(a) A homerun.
(b) A bottlerocket.
(c) A fireballoon.
(d) An eagle.
3. What do the girls where Anna works elbow each other to turn in?
(a) Poker chips.
(b) Time cards.
(c) Dance checks.
(d) Stolen watches.
4. What causes Stan to say "To hell with it" when he gets to his apartment?
(a) The empty refirgerator.
(b) The cash in his pocket.
(c) Pearline's smell.
(d) Ellen's absence.
5. What does Harland say of the photographs in the paper?
(a) They are interesting.
(b) They are tasteless.
(c) They are badly taken.
(d) They are risque.
6. What were Babylon and Nineveh built out of, according to Stan?
7. What dinner does George wish to order for Ellen?
(a) A five-course meal.
(b) Cornish game hens under glass.
(c) A Long Island shore dinner.
(d) Spaghetti and meatballs.
8. Anna's mother scolds her in what language besides English?
9. What does the "tramp" that Joe and Skinny encounter think people need?
(a) Earthquake insurance.
(c) A good meal.
(d) A swift kick in the pants.
10. Who is the only friend Harland has in the family?
(a) Jimmy's mother, Lily.
(b) Jimmy's Aunt Emily.
(c) His favorite grandmother.
(d) His son.
11. According to the taxi driver who drops Elaine and George off, why is there is such a big crowd at the road house?
(a) It is steak night.
(b) The weather is stellar.
(c) The war.
(d) The Canarsie murder.
12. Where does Jimmy tell Tony to go when he questions his sexuality?
(a) To a psychoanalyst.
(b) To the country.
(c) To San Francisco.
(d) To Crete.
13. What does Jimmy Herf say about reading the paper in New York?
(a) Gossip dries on its pages.
(b) You might miss something.
(c) There is a time and place for news.
(d) A cat may look at a king.
14. Jimmy Herf thinks reporters are what?
15. Who has gotten her throat X-rayed?
(a) Mrs. Sunderland.
(d) Ruth Prynne.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jimmy see Ellen at the restaurant in Gare de Lyon?
2. Where does Jimmy take Harland to lunch?
3. George Baldwin sends two dozen of what type of rose to Ellen?
4. What does Martin say an artist is?
5. What dish does Ellen send away form the table?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)