|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jimmy go while Ellie is having her baby?
(a) To get a drink.
(b) Out to eat.
(c) The Flea Circus.
(d) To a burlesque show.
2. What do the Herfs smuggle into the country from their trip abroad?
(d) Exotic birds.
3. Where does Jimmy tell Tony to go when he questions his sexuality?
(a) To a psychoanalyst.
(b) To the country.
(c) To Crete.
(d) To San Francisco.
4. What is Stan doing in a mirror in Chapter 12?
(c) Sticking his tongue out.
5. What does George Baldwin think will happen as a result of the war?
(a) There will be a food shortage.
(b) The Stock Exchange will close.
(c) His gold futures will go through the roof.
(d) His wife will go crazy.
6. Harland asks Jimmy if he doesn't mind being seen with a ___________ like him.
(c) Cat chaser.
7. Where does Jimmy take Harland to lunch?
(a) A bistro.
(b) A Syrian restaurant.
(c) A Chinese restaurant.
(d) A Mexican resaurant.
8. What does Ellen think of milkmen?
(a) They are all a little crazy.
(b) They are beneath her dignity.
(c) They steal from mailboxes.
(d) They are the nicest people in the world.
9. What does George Baldwin think of Washington?
(a) It is a greasy backwater.
(b) It is the key to his political career.
(c) It is the best place to get pie.
(d) It is the center of sin.
10. Where does Congo learn to speak American and tend bar?
(b) New York.
11. Who says he has come from overseas making the world safe for democracy?
(b) George Baldwin.
(c) Captain James Merivale.
(d) Colonel Schmidt.
12. Who says to herself, "Somebody loves me, I wonder who..."?
(a) Mrs. Merivale.
(b) Mrs. Baldwin.
13. What does Phil Sandbourne find himself drinking in the hospital after being hit by a car?
(a) Hot tea form a ceramic cup.
(b) Milk through a straw.
(c) Icewater out of a teapot.
(d) Lemonade in a jar.
14. How old is Stan in "Rollercoaster"?
(b) A high school kid.
15. What does Martin say an artist is?
(a) An enlightener.
(b) A louse.
(c) A thinker.
(d) A fardel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Congo lose his leg?
2. What is the name of Stan's surprise bride from Niagara Falls?
3. What does the "tramp" that Joe and Skinny encounter think people need?
4. What were Babylon and Nineveh built out of, according to Stan?
5. Who is the dressmaker that Jimmy takes Ellen to?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)