|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Phil Sandbourne think has done more for the city of New York than any other man living?
(a) Henry Ford.
(b) Stanford White.
(c) Andrew Carnegie.
(d) Joe Harland.
2. What is Congo's favorite subject?
3. What does Jimmy ask his mother on the way to the dining saloon?
(a) "How long before we go home?"
(b) "Where is my daddy from?"
(c) "Is it really the Fourth of July?"
(d) "What are we going to order, Muddy?"
4. Who tells Emile she will never put herself in a man's power again?
(b) Madame Rigaud.
(c) Mademoiselle Chiffon.
(d) Ruth Prynne.
5. What happens when Ed and the person who takes him out for a drink part ways?
(a) Ed gets into a bar fight.
(b) Ed's wife yells at him.
(c) The bartender throws Ed out.
(d) The guy sticks Ed with the check.
6. What does Elaine suggest Jojo do when he finds her and George eating together?
(a) Have a highball.
(b) Eat a whole lobster.
(c) Go back to rehearsal.
(d) Shove off.
7. What is the boy Slats really good at?
(a) Telling the future.
(c) Hustling old ladies.
(d) Running from the police.
8. What did Bud's father do to him when he was a kid?
(a) Sold him into slavery.
(b) Revered him.
(c) Beat him.
(d) Locked him in the closet.
9. Who is apparently staying at the Waldorf as evidenced by the flag outside the building?
(a) The Queen of England.
(b) The Canadian prime minister.
(c) The Kaiser of Germany.
(d) The Siamese ambassador.
10. What does Jimmy inherit from his mother's estate?
(a) Fifty-five hundred dollars.
(c) Some bearer bonds.
(d) Just under a million.
11. What does the lady with the pink cameo actually give Bud for moving the coal?
(b) A quarter and some stale food.
(c) A kick in the shins.
(d) A basket of eggs and a nickel.
12. Why does Stan want to go to Mouquin's in the morning?
(a) To find Ellie.
(b) For the flowers.
(c) For bacon and eggs.
(d) For an absinthe cocktail.
13. What picture hangs in Joe Harland's bedroom?
(a) The Swing.
(b) The Stag at Bay.
(c) The Poker Dogs.
(d) The Statue of Liberty.
14. What does Jimmy call his mother?
(c) Mother Dearest.
15. What country is the person from who goes with Ed for a drink?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Stan stashed while he sobers up?
2. What part of his car is Stan having fixed as Jimmy stands waiting in the door of the reeking garage?
3. What competing lawyer comments to George Baldwin on his railroad case?
4. As the building is burning a man tells Thatcher what about the fire's origin?
5. What brand of clock does Jimmy have that he looks at when he wakes up after eating chocolates?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)