|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Morris say that life is NOT when he is talking to Cassie?
(a) All beer and sauerkraut.
(b) A gas.
(c) A place for the timid.
(d) A bowl of cherries.
2. What is the train called in New York besides the subway?
(a) The Locomotive.
(b) The Speedmover.
(c) The Commuter.
(d) The Elevated.
3. What color are Jojo Oglethorpe's spats?
4. What company is the lady on the white horse advertising?
5. How much does the lady with the pink cameo say she is going to give Bud for moving a load of coal?
(a) A sixpence.
(b) A shilling.
(c) A rare dime.
(d) A dollar.
6. What does Stan say he was born as?
(a) A capitalist.
(b) A dirty dog.
(c) A nihilist.
(d) A pessimist.
7. Where is Stan stashed while he sobers up?
(a) In the prop closet.
(b) Under Ellen's dressing table.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) Under the stairs.
8. What does the lady with the pink cameo actually give Bud for moving the coal?
(a) A kick in the shins.
(b) A quarter and some stale food.
(c) A basket of eggs and a nickel.
9. What happens that makes Captain McAvoy turn his tug abruptly?
(a) Someone has jumped off the bridge.
(b) The wind has changed direction.
(c) The tug is on fire.
(d) Another boat is approaching too fast.
10. What stood up, vague as a sleepwalker, that Ed Thatcher sees as he looks across the Narrows?
(a) The Ford factory.
(b) The Brooklyn Bridge.
(c) The Statue of Liberty.
(d) The Chrysler building.
11. What beat is Jimmy on when he goes to visit Ruth?
(a) The Bronx.
(b) Hell's Kitchen.
(d) The Lower East Side.
12. What does Ed's drinking buddy do for a living?
(a) He owns a restaurant.
(b) He drives a cab.
(c) He works at the New York Times.
(d) He is a printer.
13. Where does Hartly want to go for vacation?
(a) Upstate New York.
(b) Atlantic City.
(c) Virginia Beach.
(d) The Maine woods.
14. What is the name of the man Harry introduces Ellen to backstage?
(a) Mr. Fallik.
(b) Mr. Blankenship.
(c) James Preston.
(d) Stan White.
15. What sort of car does the young man with black eyes and a straw hat have as he waits for the bus?
(a) A black Model-T.
(b) A green Aston Martin.
(c) A white Daimler.
(d) A red Stutz roadster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Morton signs the bill making New York what?
2. What sort of voice does Madame Rigaud have?
3. What is the name of Jimmy's aunt?
4. What does Ed do for a living?
5. What game does Maisie ask Jimmy if he knows how to play?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)