|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the building is burning a man tells Thatcher what about the fire's origin?
(a) Someone's cooking caused it.
(b) A molotove coctail started the fire.
(c) A man was smoking in bed when it was started.
(d) It was started by an incendiary device.
2. What is the dress that Ellen's mother bought her at Hearn's made of?
(a) Black Watch plaid.
(b) Slubbed shantung.
3. What is Congo's favorite subject?
4. What is Joe Harland's good luck charm?
(a) A blue silk crocheted necktie.
(b) A four-leaf clover.
(c) A rabbit's foot.
(d) A sock with a hole in it.
5. What does Ed's drinking buddy do for a living?
(a) He drives a cab.
(b) He works at the New York Times.
(c) He owns a restaurant.
(d) He is a printer.
6. What happens that makes Captain McAvoy turn his tug abruptly?
(a) Someone has jumped off the bridge.
(b) The wind has changed direction.
(c) Another boat is approaching too fast.
(d) The tug is on fire.
7. What did Bud's father do to him when he was a kid?
(a) Sold him into slavery.
(b) Beat him.
(c) Locked him in the closet.
(d) Revered him.
8. What is Jimmy called by his friends when he throws them out of his room for making him fight?
9. What does the man's wife who shaves at the end of "Ferryslip" say of his clean face?
(a) "You're the King C. Gillette!"
(b) "Hot popper!"
(c) "By the Living Jingo!"
(d) "Ovoy! Ovoy!"
10. What does Elaine suggest Jojo do when he finds her and George eating together?
(a) Go back to rehearsal.
(b) Eat a whole lobster.
(c) Have a highball.
(d) Shove off.
11. Why is Mrs. McNeil skeptical that George Baldwin is a lawyer?
(a) He looks too young.
(b) He is dressed like a longshoreman.
(c) He walked to her house.
(d) She thinks she knows him form a bar.
12. What does Ellen say to Harry Goldweiser about being an emotional actress?
(a) She loves it.
(b) It's frivolous.
(c) It's all false.
(d) It's liberating.
13. Who does Ruth Prynne say lives at Mrs. Sunderland's?
(a) The poorest people in New York.
(b) All the ham actors in the world.
(c) The mob.
(d) The best local artists.
14. What happens when Ed and the person who takes him out for a drink part ways?
(a) The bartender throws Ed out.
(b) The guy sticks Ed with the check.
(c) Ed gets into a bar fight.
(d) Ed's wife yells at him.
15. What game does Maisie ask Jimmy if he knows how to play?
(a) Go Fish.
(c) Five Hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Bud sitting when he reads the newspaper and the other men there are playing chess?
2. Who does Harry say that the new show, Red Red Rose, played exclusively to?
3. What company is the lady on the white horse advertising?
4. What beat is Jimmy on when he goes to visit Ruth?
5. What building where mostly nice people live does Jimmy pass on Broadway on his way to buy some candy?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)