|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the lady with the pink cameo actually give Bud for moving the coal?
(b) A kick in the shins.
(c) A basket of eggs and a nickel.
(d) A quarter and some stale food.
2. Who is in the play that Ellen and her father go to see?
(a) Maude Adams.
(b) Penny Lane.
(c) Ginger Rogers.
(d) Shirley Temple.
3. What color hair does Elaine Oglethorpe have?
(a) Jet black.
(b) Platinum blonde.
(d) Copper red.
4. What does Joe Harland tell Joe O'Keefe not to buy any more of?
(a) Gold coins.
(b) Pork bellies.
(c) Blue Peter Mines.
(d) Brooklyn Bridges.
5. What does Elaine suggest Jojo do when he finds her and George eating together?
(a) Have a highball.
(b) Go back to rehearsal.
(c) Eat a whole lobster.
(d) Shove off.
6. Where does Jimmy Herf graduate from college?
7. Where is Stan stashed while he sobers up?
(a) In the prop closet.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) Under Ellen's dressing table.
(d) Under the stairs.
8. Where does Stan want to go with Ellen after he wakes up wet in the bathtub?
(b) The fire.
(d) The Brevoort.
9. Who does Joe Harland ask for a loan of "twenty-five" dollars?
10. How does Cassandra Wilkins speak when she meets Jimmy?
(a) She mumbles.
(b) In a haughty English accent.
(c) In French.
(d) With a lisp.
11. What song is Ed Thatcher trying to pick out on the piano?
(a) We're in the Money.
(b) How Great Thou Art.
(c) The Mosquito Parade.
(d) When the Saints Go Marchin in.
12. What is the motto above the man's head in the King C. Gillette ad?
(a) No cuts no guts.
(b) Sharp as a tack.
(c) No stropping no honing.
(d) Be the King!
13. What color is Jimmy Herf's wallpaper?
(a) Cold as ice blue.
(b) The pink of the evening sky.
(c) The dead green of Poland Water bottles.
(d) The ochre yellow of stale beer.
14. What does Morris say that life is NOT when he is talking to Cassie?
(a) A bowl of cherries.
(b) All beer and sauerkraut.
(c) A place for the timid.
(d) A gas.
15. What does Stan say when Ellen says he's sober at least when he shows up in her dressing room?
(a) "Sober as a penguin."
(b) "I've got the DT's."
(c) "You insult me."
(d) "Sober as a judge."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mother McCree say she lost her husband?
2. What does Cassie think of Ellen?
3. Who tells Emile she will never put herself in a man's power again?
4. What part of his car is Stan having fixed as Jimmy stands waiting in the door of the reeking garage?
5. What job does Gus McNeil have at the time of the accident?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)