|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Longlegged Jack of the Isthmus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stan wish would happen to his college before he gets back?
(a) That it would burn down.
(b) That it would be bought by his father.
(c) That it would fall into the ocean.
(d) That they would graduate him before he completes his studies.
2. What does Ed do for a living?
(a) He is a merchant.
(b) He is a detective.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He is an accountant.
3. Where does Bud Korpenning want to go in New York?
(b) Radio City.
(c) Times Square.
(d) The Statue of Liberty.
4. What job does Gus McNeil have at the time of the accident?
(a) He is a railroad worker.
(b) He drives a milkwagon.
(c) He delivers baked goods.
(d) He is a window cleaner.
5. Who does Ruth Prynne say lives at Mrs. Sunderland's?
(a) The mob.
(b) The best local artists.
(c) The poorest people in New York.
(d) All the ham actors in the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has George been waiting for Ellen for 45 minutes?
2. Where is the yellow-painted drugstore that the man at the end of Chapter 1 goes to?
3. What does Stan call his Ford?
4. As the building is burning a man tells Thatcher what about the fire's origin?
5. When the girl with the forget-me-nots in her hat chases Emile down the street, he kisses her and she calls him what name?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)