|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Longlegged Jack of the Isthmus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Joe Harland ask for a loan of "twenty-five" dollars?
2. What does Ellen say to Cassie about men?
(a) That they are nicer than women.
(b) They are always broke.
(c) That they only want one thing.
(d) That they will do anything for her.
3. What is the motto above the man's head in the King C. Gillette ad?
(a) No stropping no honing.
(b) Sharp as a tack.
(c) Be the King!
(d) No cuts no guts.
4. What country is the person from who goes with Ed for a drink?
5. Who does Ruth Prynne say lives at Mrs. Sunderland's?
(a) The mob.
(b) The poorest people in New York.
(c) All the ham actors in the world.
(d) The best local artists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elaine suggest Jojo do when he finds her and George eating together?
2. What does the man's wife who shaves at the end of "Ferryslip" say of his clean face?
3. Who tells Emile she will never put herself in a man's power again?
4. What does the burglar, Nicky Schatz, end up with when he gets home from the burglary?
5. What turns Bill Ingersoll from an atheist to a Methodist?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)