|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Longlegged Jack of the Isthmus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ruth Prynne say lives at Mrs. Sunderland's?
(a) The poorest people in New York.
(b) The mob.
(c) All the ham actors in the world.
(d) The best local artists.
2. What is the motto above the man's head in the King C. Gillette ad?
(a) No stropping no honing.
(b) Sharp as a tack.
(c) Be the King!
(d) No cuts no guts.
3. What does Stan wish would happen to his college before he gets back?
(a) That it would be bought by his father.
(b) That they would graduate him before he completes his studies.
(c) That it would fall into the ocean.
(d) That it would burn down.
4. How much does the lady with the pink cameo say she is going to give Bud for moving a load of coal?
(a) A shilling.
(b) A sixpence.
(c) A dollar.
(d) A rare dime.
5. What does George Baldwin call Stan?
(a) A dogged enthusiast.
(b) A silver spoon casualty.
(c) A common drunk.
(d) An infernal young puppy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ellen stay when she leaves Jojo in Chapter 7?
2. What does Ellen say to Cassie about men?
3. What game does Maisie ask Jimmy if he knows how to play?
4. What is Gus McNeil's wife's name?
5. Where is the yellow-painted drugstore that the man at the end of Chapter 1 goes to?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)