|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Steamroller.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song is Ed Thatcher trying to pick out on the piano?
(a) We're in the Money.
(b) When the Saints Go Marchin in.
(c) The Mosquito Parade.
(d) How Great Thou Art.
2. Who tells Emile she will never put herself in a man's power again?
(a) Mademoiselle Chiffon.
(b) Ruth Prynne.
(c) Madame Rigaud.
3. What building where mostly nice people live does Jimmy pass on Broadway on his way to buy some candy?
(a) The Waldorf.
(b) The Plaza.
(c) The Station.
(d) The Ansonia.
4. When Bud is on the Brooklyn Bridge, what does it sound like when a car goes by?
(a) A room full of crickets.
(b) A pile of piano wires.
(c) A shaken banjo.
(d) A bucket of nickels.
5. What is the ship carrying that Schmidt will lose half his commission over if he doesn't get it off by the next day?
Short Answer Questions
1. John and Elaine change trains at ___________, when her new kid glove has split at the thumb.
2. What happens that makes Captain McAvoy turn his tug abruptly?
3. What does the man's wife who shaves at the end of "Ferryslip" say of his clean face?
4. What country is the person from who goes with Ed for a drink?
5. What does Ellen call her friend Alice when she won't go down an obscure little path with her in the park?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)