|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens while Raymond's mother is gone?
2. What is the result of Raymond's column?
3. What had Mrs. Iselin ordered the Chinese to create?
4. What do Raymond and Jocie do?
5. What do the rapid transitions from one aspect of the show to another portray?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jocie interfere with Raymond's programming?
2. What does Raymond do to Jocie?
3. How does Shaw feel about what he has heard from Marco and the G-men?
4. What is the assassination plot arranged for Raymond?
5. How is Shaw's assassin mind-set triggered?
6. What does Eleanor think about Raymond being an assassin?
7. What do Rosie and Marco celebrate?
8. What gives a hint to the identity of a character previously mentioned?
9. Why do these two seem happy?
10. How is a meeting arranged between Marco and Raymond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shaw is being investigated.
Part 1) Why is he investigated? Who investigates him? How does Shaw feel about this investigation? Why?
Part 2) How does this investigation affect his life? How does it affect the Communists who have programmed him? Why?
Part 3) How does this investigation help or hurt Shaw? Why?
Essay Topic 2
These two themes are connected. What is the correlation between this theme and the theme of man as machine?
Part 1) What are the two central themes? How are they thematic?
Part 2) How are these two themes connected?
Part 3) What is the purpose of the connection?
Essay Topic 3
Shaw's mother is a dominating character.
Part 1) How is she a dominating character? Why is she so controlling? How does she affect the lives of those around her?
Part 2) When does she lose some of this control? Why? What does this reveal about her?
Part 3) How does her personality play into the hands of the Communists?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)