|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Meanwhile, what does Senator Jordan express for his colleague Johnny Iselin?
2. How does Marco shock Raymond?
3. Meanwhile, what is Raymond's American field handler doing?
4. What seems to be coming together?
5. How long has it been since Jocie had seen Raymond?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is a meeting arranged between Marco and Raymond?
2. Of what does Raymond's column consist?
3. What does Eleanor think about Raymond being an assassin?
4. What does Marco have Rosie do?
5. What has taken place between Raymond and Jocie's father?
6. What do Raymond and Jocie do?
7. What is Raymond's costume? What does he think about it?
8. What does the FBI learn about Shaw's trigger?
9. How does Raymond react when his mother schemes to announce Jocie's return to the United States through the Society pages of Raymond's own paper, without informing her son of the development? How does she respond to him?
10. How does Shaw feel about what he has heard from Marco and the G-men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Josie's husband has died.
Part 1) How might he have died? How do you know this?
Part 2) What purpose does his death serve for the characters in the story?
Part 3) What is the connection between his death and the theme about the love of a good woman?
Essay Topic 2
Another theme has to do with the love of a good woman.
Part 1) Who are the women in this story? How are they significant?
Part 2) How do these women influence their men? Why are they so influential?
Part 3) Why does the author use this as a theme? Use the text as support.
Essay Topic 3
One of the central themes is the idea of man as machine
Part 1) How is man a machine in this story?
Part 2) What are the author's thoughts about this theme, based on this novel?
Part 3) How does this theme relate to real life and life today? Use the text to support your response.
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)