|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can this couple do?
2. What seems to be coming together?
3. Who enters, just as Raymond kills Jordan?
4. What do Raymond and Jocie do?
5. Soon, what does Raymond's mother scheme to announce?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Shaw's assassin mind-set triggered?
2. What does Mrs. Iselin do on her European trip?
3. How does Raymond react when his mother schemes to announce Jocie's return to the United States through the Society pages of Raymond's own paper, without informing her son of the development? How does she respond to him?
4. How does the book end?
5. What happens when it is discovered that Jocie and Raymond have left the party?
6. Why do these two seem happy?
7. What is the assassination plot arranged for Raymond?
8. What has taken place between Raymond and Jocie's father?
9. What do Rosie and Marco celebrate?
10. What does Jocie say about Raymond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
These two themes are connected. What is the correlation between this theme and the theme of man as machine?
Part 1) What are the two central themes? How are they thematic?
Part 2) How are these two themes connected?
Part 3) What is the purpose of the connection?
Essay Topic 2
Foreshadowing is used frequently in this book.
Part 1) Give two examples. What do these examples foreshadow?
Part 2) What is the purpose of foreshadowing?
Part 3) How does the foreshadowing in this book enhance the story for the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Raymond becomes an assassin.
Part 1) How does this happen? Why does this happen?
Part 2) What is the connection between this and the theme of man as machine?
Part 3) How does he learn he is an assassin? How does he react to this? Why does he react this way?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)