|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the White House find it necessary to do?
2. As what does Mrs. Iselin's tour of Europe prove?
3. Why does Raymond wonder if this will be construed as indelicate?
4. How long has it been since Jocie had seen Raymond?
5. What happens during the first day of ceremonies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Senator Jordan upset Shaw's mother?
2. What gives a hint to the identity of a character previously mentioned?
3. What do Raymond and Jocie do?
4. What has happened to Marco?
5. What does the FBI learn about Shaw's trigger?
6. What takes place during the first days of the ceremonies?
7. How is a meeting arranged between Marco and Raymond?
8. Why do these two seem happy?
9. Why does Raymond's mother sleep with her son?
10. What happens when it is discovered that Jocie and Raymond have left the party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Another theme has to do with the love of a good woman.
Part 1) Who are the women in this story? How are they significant?
Part 2) How do these women influence their men? Why are they so influential?
Part 3) Why does the author use this as a theme? Use the text as support.
Essay Topic 2
Foreshadowing is used frequently in this book.
Part 1) Give two examples. What do these examples foreshadow?
Part 2) What is the purpose of foreshadowing?
Part 3) How does the foreshadowing in this book enhance the story for the reader?
Essay Topic 3
These two themes are connected. What is the correlation between this theme and the theme of man as machine?
Part 1) What are the two central themes? How are they thematic?
Part 2) How are these two themes connected?
Part 3) What is the purpose of the connection?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)