|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the reader then taken?
2. What do the rapid transitions from one aspect of the show to another portray?
3. What will serve as a reunion between Raymond and Jocie?
4. What will soon happen?
5. Why does Mrs. Iselin invite Raymond into the library?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Raymond react when his mother schemes to announce Jocie's return to the United States through the Society pages of Raymond's own paper, without informing her son of the development? How does she respond to him?
2. What does the FBI learn about Shaw's trigger?
3. What takes place during the first days of the ceremonies?
4. Why do these two seem happy?
5. What does Marco have Rosie do?
6. What takes place at their rendezvous?
7. What gives a hint to the identity of a character previously mentioned?
8. What does Eleanor think about Raymond being an assassin?
9. Why does Raymond's mother sleep with her son?
10. What does Jocie say about Raymond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Raymond is odd.
Part 1) How do you know this? How is he odd? What role does his personality play in his abilities as an assassin?
Part 2) How has his upbringing affected his personality?
Part 3) How does his personality change throughout the story? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Raymond has a strange relationship with his mother.
Part 1) Describe their relationship. How do the flashbacks assist you in understanding their relationship?
Part 2) Has their relationship always been strange? Why or why not?
Part 3) Based on their relationship, how might Raymond have felt about killing his mother, if he had come out of the trance instead of dying?
Essay Topic 3
Ben Marco is Raymond's good friend.
Part 1) Why might Marco be friends with him?
Part 2) What does Marco realize about Raymond? Does he try to help Raymond? Why or why not?
Part 3) Do you believe that Marco was acting as Raymond's friend at the end of the story? Why or why not?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)