|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Through further laboratory testing, what do intelligence agencies sort out as Raymond's trigger?
2. Jordan is awake, and Raymond chats with him dully. Finally, what does Jordan notice?
3. Of what is there a history?
4. What does his mother also tell him?
5. How does Marco shock Raymond?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when it is discovered that Jocie and Raymond have left the party?
2. What does Eleanor think about Raymond being an assassin?
3. What takes place during the first days of the ceremonies?
4. What do Rosie and Marco celebrate?
5. How does Shaw feel about what he has heard from Marco and the G-men?
6. How does Senator Jordan upset Shaw's mother?
7. What does the FBI learn about Shaw's trigger?
8. Of what does Raymond's column consist?
9. What does Marco have Rosie do?
10. What takes place when Marco and the G-men meet Raymond in Hungarian Charlie's?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is a great deal of tension in this story.
Part 1) Describe the cause of this tension.
Part 2) How does this tension affect the characters in the story, as well as the reader?
Part 3) How might this story and tension reflect the lives of Americans at this time?
Essay Topic 2
Ben Marco is Raymond's good friend.
Part 1) Why might Marco be friends with him?
Part 2) What does Marco realize about Raymond? Does he try to help Raymond? Why or why not?
Part 3) Do you believe that Marco was acting as Raymond's friend at the end of the story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Rosie is Marco's girlfriend.
Part 1) How do they meet? How does he act in front of her? How does she react? Why?
Part 2) Can Rosie be trusted? Why or why not?
Part 3) How is this relationship connected to the theme of the love of a good woman?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)