|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the presidential candidate reaches the point in his speech that will cue the gunshots, the FBI agents realize what?
2. What do Raymond and Ben Marco exchange?
3. What does she reveal about Raymond?
4. Immediately upon Raymond's arrival in his mother's office, what does she do?
5. What do the Iselins do to assure Johnny will be nominated vice-president?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Raymond is in love with Jocie.
Part 1) Who is Jocie? How did they meet? How did he fall in love with her?
Part 2) How does their earlier relationship assist Marco? What does this earlier relationship reveal about the changes in Raymond?
Part 3) What is the correlation between Raymond's relationship with Jocie and the theme of the love of a good woman?
Essay Topic 2
Foreshadowing is used frequently in this book.
Part 1) Give two examples. What do these examples foreshadow?
Part 2) What is the purpose of foreshadowing?
Part 3) How does the foreshadowing in this book enhance the story for the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Raymond is odd.
Part 1) How do you know this? How is he odd? What role does his personality play in his abilities as an assassin?
Part 2) How has his upbringing affected his personality?
Part 3) How does his personality change throughout the story? Why?
This section contains 1,234 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)