|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Raymond act when Marco studies him?
2. What does the colonel reveal that his investigators have learned about Raymond?
3. What will serve as a reunion between Raymond and Jocie?
4. What do Raymond and Jocie do?
5. What does Raymond begin to remember?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Raymond do to Jocie?
2. What does Jocie say about Raymond?
3. How does Jocie interfere with Raymond's programming?
4. What is Raymond's costume? What does he think about it?
5. What takes place at their rendezvous?
6. What takes place when Marco and the G-men meet Raymond in Hungarian Charlie's?
7. How does the book end?
8. What takes place during the first days of the ceremonies?
9. What does the FBI learn about Shaw's trigger?
10. What happens when it is discovered that Jocie and Raymond have left the party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several flashbacks take place.
Part 1) Describe these flashbacks. What purpose do they serve?
Part 2) How does the reader learn about the various characters from these flashbacks?
Part 3) Do these flashbacks enhance the story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Raymond is in love with Jocie.
Part 1) Who is Jocie? How did they meet? How did he fall in love with her?
Part 2) How does their earlier relationship assist Marco? What does this earlier relationship reveal about the changes in Raymond?
Part 3) What is the correlation between Raymond's relationship with Jocie and the theme of the love of a good woman?
Essay Topic 3
Josie's husband has died.
Part 1) How might he have died? How do you know this?
Part 2) What purpose does his death serve for the characters in the story?
Part 3) What is the connection between his death and the theme about the love of a good woman?
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)