|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie recount telling his brother-in-law to do?
2. As the presidential candidate reaches the point in his speech that will cue the gunshots, the FBI agents realize what?
3. Where do Marco and the G-men meet Raymond?
4. Shaw is immediately overcome with grief. What does he then do?
5. What does Jocie tell the agent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Raymond do to Jocie?
2. What has happened to Marco?
3. What takes place when Marco and the G-men meet Raymond in Hungarian Charlie's?
4. What do Rosie and Marco celebrate?
5. What is the assassination plot arranged for Raymond?
6. What does the FBI learn about Shaw's trigger?
7. How is Shaw's assassin mind-set triggered?
8. What does Jocie say about Raymond?
9. To where is the reader taken?
10. What is Raymond's costume? What does he think about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Iselin becomes an analogue for Joseph McCarthy.
Part 1) Who is Joseph McCarthy? How is Iselin similar to this man?
Part 2) Do you believe the author purposely create Iselin based on Joseph McCarthy? Why or why not?
Part 3) Would a reader need to know who Joseph McCarthy was to better understand Iselin? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Shaw's mother is a dominating character.
Part 1) How is she a dominating character? Why is she so controlling? How does she affect the lives of those around her?
Part 2) When does she lose some of this control? Why? What does this reveal about her?
Part 3) How does her personality play into the hands of the Communists?
Essay Topic 3
Raymond has a strange relationship with his mother.
Part 1) Describe their relationship. How do the flashbacks assist you in understanding their relationship?
Part 2) Has their relationship always been strange? Why or why not?
Part 3) Based on their relationship, how might Raymond have felt about killing his mother, if he had come out of the trance instead of dying?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)