|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Raymond commit this killing?
2. Who wins the fight between Chunjin and Major Marco?
3. What is the American patrol is quickly conditioned to believe?
4. What type of conditioning does Dr. Yen Lo and his crew of neuropsychiatrists use to create the perfect assassin?
5. Who is Amjac?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Senator John Iselin proclaim?
2. What does Jorgenson do after this meeting with Marco?
3. What happens to the American soldiers during this mission?
4. What is learned about Eleanor in this flashback? How does Raymond feel about this?
5. What does Raymond tell his mother about Marco? How does she react?
6. What happens to Marco one night?
7. Why is Raymond taken to this sanitarium?
8. What happens between Marco and Shaw, regarding Marco's fight with Chunjin?
9. What does Raymond's mother do when she finds out about her son's relationship with Jocie?
10. What will Raymond Shaw be receiving?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Raymond Shaw receives the Medal of Honor.
Part 1) What is this? Why did he receive it? Did he earn it? Why or why not?
Part 2) How does his receiving this medal help the Communists?
Part 3) Could someone earn it today who does not deserve it? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Another theme has to do with the love of a good woman.
Part 1) Who are the women in this story? How are they significant?
Part 2) How do these women influence their men? Why are they so influential?
Part 3) Why does the author use this as a theme? Use the text as support.
Essay Topic 3
Communism is the cause of much of the action in this story.
Part 1) What is Communism? How did many Americans feel about Communists, based on the information in the story?
Part 2) How does Communism affect the lives of the main characters?
Part 3) How does the author feel about Communism, based on this story?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)