|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing out of Raymond's mouth after his own name?
2. Why does the doctor say Raymond would be the perfect assassin?
3. Where does Shaw's mother shove Senator Johnny Iselin, Raymond's hated stepfather, for a photo op?
4. In a flashback to the Korean War, what are Ed Mavole and Bobby Lembeck doing?
5. What enters the Iselin home once they are lawfully wed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place at their rendezvous?
2. Of what does Raymond's column consist?
3. What do Raymond and Jocie do?
4. Why do others not like Iselin?
5. How does Raymond's life change when Marco moves in?
6. How does the chapter begin?
7. What does Raymond do to Jocie's father?
8. What happens to Marco one night?
9. What does Raymond say when Marco tells him about his dreams?
10. What does Marco have Rosie do?
Essay Topic 1
Rosie is Marco's girlfriend.
Part 1) How do they meet? How does he act in front of her? How does she react? Why?
Part 2) Can Rosie be trusted? Why or why not?
Part 3) How is this relationship connected to the theme of the love of a good woman?
Essay Topic 2
Ben Marco is Raymond's good friend.
Part 1) Why might Marco be friends with him?
Part 2) What does Marco realize about Raymond? Does he try to help Raymond? Why or why not?
Part 3) Do you believe that Marco was acting as Raymond's friend at the end of the story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
There is a great deal of tension in this story.
Part 1) Describe the cause of this tension.
Part 2) How does this tension affect the characters in the story, as well as the reader?
Part 3) How might this story and tension reflect the lives of Americans at this time?
This section contains 1,928 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)