|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colonel Marco gains the opportunity to submit?
2. Who is Amjac?
3. What favor does Shaw mention to his mother?
4. Where does Raymond have lunch with his mother?
5. How does the chapter begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will Raymond Shaw be receiving?
2. What is learned about Eleanor in this flashback? How does Raymond feel about this?
3. How do Marco and Chunjin get into a fight?
4. How does the chapter begin?
5. Why do these two seem happy?
6. What does Eleanor think about Raymond being an assassin?
7. What is Raymond's costume? What does he think about it?
8. What gives a hint to the identity of a character previously mentioned?
9. How is a meeting arranged between Marco and Raymond?
10. How does Jocie interfere with Raymond's programming?
Essay Topic 1
Raymond has a strange relationship with his mother.
Part 1) Describe their relationship. How do the flashbacks assist you in understanding their relationship?
Part 2) Has their relationship always been strange? Why or why not?
Part 3) Based on their relationship, how might Raymond have felt about killing his mother, if he had come out of the trance instead of dying?
Essay Topic 2
Iselin becomes an analogue for Joseph McCarthy.
Part 1) Who is Joseph McCarthy? How is Iselin similar to this man?
Part 2) Do you believe the author purposely create Iselin based on Joseph McCarthy? Why or why not?
Part 3) Would a reader need to know who Joseph McCarthy was to better understand Iselin? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Raymond Shaw receives the Medal of Honor.
Part 1) What is this? Why did he receive it? Did he earn it? Why or why not?
Part 2) How does his receiving this medal help the Communists?
Part 3) Could someone earn it today who does not deserve it? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,838 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)