Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing out of Raymond's mouth after his own name?
2. Why does the doctor say Raymond would be the perfect assassin?
3. Where does Shaw's mother shove Senator Johnny Iselin, Raymond's hated stepfather, for a photo op?
4. In a flashback to the Korean War, what are Ed Mavole and Bobby Lembeck doing?
5. What enters the Iselin home once they are lawfully wed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place at their rendezvous?
2. Of what does Raymond's column consist?
3. What do Raymond and Jocie do?
4. Why do others not like Iselin?
5. How does Raymond's life change when Marco moves in?
6. How does the chapter begin?
7. What does Raymond do to Jocie's father?
8. What happens to Marco one night?
9. What does Raymond say when Marco tells him about his dreams?
10. What does Marco have Rosie do?
Raymond is in love with Jocie.
Part 1) Who is Jocie? How did they meet? How did he fall in love with her?
Part 2) How does their earlier relationship assist Marco? What does this earlier relationship reveal about the changes in Raymond?
Part 3) What is the correlation between Raymond's relationship with Jocie and the theme of the love of a good woman?
Raymond is odd.
Part 1) How do you know this? How is he odd? What role does his personality play in his abilities as an assassin?
Part 2) How has his upbringing affected his personality?
Part 3) How does his personality change throughout the story? Why?
Iselin becomes an analogue for Joseph McCarthy.
Part 1) Who is Joseph McCarthy? How is Iselin similar to this man?
Part 2) Do you believe the author purposely create Iselin based on Joseph McCarthy? Why or why not?
Part 3) Would a reader need to know who Joseph McCarthy was to better understand Iselin? Why or why not?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)