|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Iselin solidify his power in the senate?
2. About what does Marco tell Rosie?
3. How does Marco sleep at Rosie's apartment?
4. Early the next morning, what interrupts Shaw and the young newspaperwoman in the act of sex?
5. Why does Shaw concoct a story on the spot about Ed Mavole?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marco meet Rosie?
2. How does Iselin's story change?
3. Why does Chunjin arrive at Shaw's office?
4. What is learned about Eleanor in this flashback? How does Raymond feel about this?
5. Why do others not like Iselin?
6. What does Marco tell Rosie?
7. What does Raymond think about his boss?
8. What happens between Marco and Shaw, regarding Marco's fight with Chunjin?
9. What does Lieutenant General Nils Jorgenson do when Iselin brings Marco's plan to his attention?
10. How does Raymond's life change when Marco moves in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Raymond is in love with Jocie.
Part 1) Who is Jocie? How did they meet? How did he fall in love with her?
Part 2) How does their earlier relationship assist Marco? What does this earlier relationship reveal about the changes in Raymond?
Part 3) What is the correlation between Raymond's relationship with Jocie and the theme of the love of a good woman?
Essay Topic 2
Shaw is being investigated.
Part 1) Why is he investigated? Who investigates him? How does Shaw feel about this investigation? Why?
Part 2) How does this investigation affect his life? How does it affect the Communists who have programmed him? Why?
Part 3) How does this investigation help or hurt Shaw? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Raymond Shaw receives the Medal of Honor.
Part 1) What is this? Why did he receive it? Did he earn it? Why or why not?
Part 2) How does his receiving this medal help the Communists?
Part 3) Could someone earn it today who does not deserve it? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)