|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marco sleep at Rosie's apartment?
2. What does O'Neil insist on throwing?
3. Why does the doctor say Raymond would be the perfect assassin?
4. What does Shaw think of Marco using words such as "brainwashing?"
5. Who is this beautiful woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does this next flashback reveal about Shaw's mother?
2. What does Raymond's mother do when she finds out about her son's relationship with Jocie?
3. Describe the sanitarium.
4. What does Senator John Iselin proclaim?
5. When and how does Raymond first meet Jocelyn?
6. What does Lieutenant General Nils Jorgenson do when Iselin brings Marco's plan to his attention?
7. What is learned about Eleanor in this flashback? How does Raymond feel about this?
8. What does Raymond think about his boss?
9. What happens to the American soldiers during this mission?
10. What does Raymond say when Marco tells him about his dreams?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shaw is being investigated.
Part 1) Why is he investigated? Who investigates him? How does Shaw feel about this investigation? Why?
Part 2) How does this investigation affect his life? How does it affect the Communists who have programmed him? Why?
Part 3) How does this investigation help or hurt Shaw? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Several flashbacks take place.
Part 1) Describe these flashbacks. What purpose do they serve?
Part 2) How does the reader learn about the various characters from these flashbacks?
Part 3) Do these flashbacks enhance the story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Raymond has a strange relationship with his mother.
Part 1) Describe their relationship. How do the flashbacks assist you in understanding their relationship?
Part 2) Has their relationship always been strange? Why or why not?
Part 3) Based on their relationship, how might Raymond have felt about killing his mother, if he had come out of the trance instead of dying?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)