Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing out of Raymond's mouth after his own name?
2. Why does the doctor say Raymond would be the perfect assassin?
3. Where does Shaw's mother shove Senator Johnny Iselin, Raymond's hated stepfather, for a photo op?
4. In a flashback to the Korean War, what are Ed Mavole and Bobby Lembeck doing?
5. What enters the Iselin home once they are lawfully wed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place at their rendezvous?
2. Of what does Raymond's column consist?
3. What do Raymond and Jocie do?
4. Why do others not like Iselin?
5. How does Raymond's life change when Marco moves in?
6. How does the chapter begin?
7. What does Raymond do to Jocie's father?
8. What happens to Marco one night?
9. What does Raymond say when Marco tells him about his dreams?
10. What does Marco have Rosie do?
Several flashbacks take place.
Part 1) Describe these flashbacks. What purpose do they serve?
Part 2) How does the reader learn about the various characters from these flashbacks?
Part 3) Do these flashbacks enhance the story? Why or why not?
Josie's husband has died.
Part 1) How might he have died? How do you know this?
Part 2) What purpose does his death serve for the characters in the story?
Part 3) What is the connection between his death and the theme about the love of a good woman?
These two themes are connected. What is the correlation between this theme and the theme of man as machine?
Part 1) What are the two central themes? How are they thematic?
Part 2) How are these two themes connected?
Part 3) What is the purpose of the connection?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)