|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Senator Iselin then do?
(a) Strike a heroic pose and carry the dead candidate in his arms.
(b) Hunt for Raymond's murderer.
(c) Die a hero with his wife by his side.
(d) Tell the world that Jocie and her father were Communists.
2. With whom does Shaw clear up a misunderstanding?
(a) His mother.
(b) Jocie Jordan.
(c) Senator Jordan.
(d) Ben Marco.
3. What does she reveal about Raymond?
(a) He was very outgoing.
(b) He was forceful.
(c) He had never kissed her.
(d) He was her first.
4. What does Marco offer to help his friend write?
(a) A condolence letter to Jocie and develop a correspondence that will reestablish his intentions as a suitor.
(b) A condolence letter to Rosie and develop a correspondence that will reestablish his intentions as a suitor.
(c) A love letter to Jocie.
(d) A love letter to Rosie.
5. Why does Raymond's mother storm out of her brother's home in Italy?
(a) He kicks her out.
(b) He is not as powerful as she had hoped.
(c) She insists to the press that the embassy is under Communist directive.
(d) She realizes he is trying to murder her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chunjin drives him to the Jordan house and gives Shaw what?
2. From where does Shaw phone Marco?
3. Who relates that he told an in-law to pass the time playing solitaire?
4. How does Raymond's mother get him to agree to meet her for lunch the next day?
5. Who does Raymond's mother believe he should attempt to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do these two seem happy?
2. How does the scene begin, prior to the shooting?
3. How does Raymond react when his mother schemes to announce Jocie's return to the United States through the Society pages of Raymond's own paper, without informing her son of the development? How does she respond to him?
4. What is the assassination plot arranged for Raymond?
5. What does the FBI learn about Shaw's trigger?
6. What has happened to Marco?
7. What does Mrs. Iselin do on her European trip?
8. What takes place at their rendezvous?
9. What is Raymond's costume? What does he think about it?
10. What do Raymond and Jocie do?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)