|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the plan for Raymond?
(a) To kill the presidential candidate and wound Iselin, who will be wearing protection that will also make him look as though mortally wounded.
(b) To kill himself.
(c) To kill Jocie and her father.
(d) To kill his mother and stepfather.
2. As she is speaking, what does Raymond's mother realize about him?
(a) How handsome Shaw is.
(b) How sad Shaw is.
(c) How much Shaw resembles her own father.
(d) How much Shaw resembles his father.
3. With Jocie's imminent homecoming, Raymond now has what?
(b) Reason to feel fear.
(c) Feelings of nervousness.
(d) No feelings for anyone or anything.
4. How did most people react to Raymond?
(a) In such a way that showed how much others respected him.
(b) In such a way to support his belief that he was invisible.
(c) With kind words.
(d) With surprise.
5. What happens while Raymond's mother is gone?
(a) Shaw watches television.
(b) Shaw glimpses Jocie through the glass terrace door to the library.
(c) Shaw makes small talk at the party.
(d) Shaw drinks his wine and plays solitaire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Meanwhile, what does Senator Jordan express for his colleague Johnny Iselin?
2. What does Raymond tell his friend that he believes?
3. What does she reveal about Raymond?
4. Immediately upon Raymond's arrival in his mother's office, what does she do?
5. Marco's squad on the floor watches the proceedings, while the top FBI agents do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Raymond and Jocie do?
2. How does the scene begin, prior to the shooting?
3. What has taken place between Raymond and Jocie's father?
4. What has happened to Marco?
5. What does Mrs. Iselin do on her European trip?
6. What does the FBI learn about Shaw's trigger?
7. What takes place when Marco and the G-men meet Raymond in Hungarian Charlie's?
8. Why do these two seem happy?
9. What do Rosie and Marco celebrate?
10. How does the book end?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)