|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Raymond's mother get him to agree to meet her for lunch the next day?
(a) She offers her son a "leaked" story for the press.
(b) She tells him she wants to congratulate him on his marriage.
(c) She blackmails him.
(d) She misses him.
2. How does Raymond Shaw dress for the party?
(a) In a flamboyant gaucho outfit.
(b) In his pajamas.
(c) In a tuxedo.
(d) In a Batman costume.
3. What is the plan for Raymond?
(a) To kill the presidential candidate and wound Iselin, who will be wearing protection that will also make him look as though mortally wounded.
(b) To kill himself.
(c) To kill Jocie and her father.
(d) To kill his mother and stepfather.
4. Immediately upon Raymond's arrival in his mother's office, what does she do?
(a) Tells him he is an assassin.
(b) Tells him to play solitaire.
(c) Hugs him.
(d) Offers him a drink.
5. Why does Raymond's mother drug herself?
(a) Her son offers them to her.
(b) The Communists have instructed her to take the drugs.
(c) She is an addict.
(d) To block out the horror of Jocie's unintended death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surface emotions does Shaw reveal?
2. What does Raymond begin playing?
3. Who does Raymond's mother believe he should attempt to marry?
4. What does Raymond's column report?
5. Of what is there a history?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Raymond react when his mother schemes to announce Jocie's return to the United States through the Society pages of Raymond's own paper, without informing her son of the development? How does she respond to him?
2. How does Jocie interfere with Raymond's programming?
3. What happens when it is discovered that Jocie and Raymond have left the party?
4. Why do these two seem happy?
5. What is the assassination plot arranged for Raymond?
6. What gives a hint to the identity of a character previously mentioned?
7. What takes place during the first days of the ceremonies?
8. How is Shaw's assassin mind-set triggered?
9. What takes place at their rendezvous?
10. How does Senator Jordan upset Shaw's mother?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)