|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One morning, toward the end of his stay, Raymond awakens to see his mother sitting beside him. How does she appear?
2. Who does Shaw's American field handler want Raymond to kill?
(a) His mother.
(d) His boss.
3. What do the Marco and Raymond do when Raymond finds out about the fight between Marco and Chunjin?
(a) They argue.
(b) They become angry.
(c) They laugh.
(d) They are silent.
4. Why did Raymond's mother choose Shaw for a husband?
(a) He was rich and powerful.
(b) He was kind and loving.
(c) He was very handsome.
(d) She believed she could mold him into an eminently powerful man.
5. What does Jocelyn do when Raymond has been bitten by a snake?
(a) She cries.
(b) She faints.
(c) She runs for help.
(d) She sucks out the poison and treats the wound.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Iselin's law practices?
2. What is the American patrol is quickly conditioned to believe?
3. Why does Raymond's mother want to bring him to Europe?
4. Who gives Raymond Shaw the medal?
5. One day, who arrives at Shaw's office at the newspaper and asks him for a job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Iselin do on her European trip?
2. What does Senator John Iselin proclaim?
3. What do Raymond and Jocie do?
4. How does the chapter begin?
5. Why does Chunjin arrive at Shaw's office?
6. What takes place during the first days of the ceremonies?
7. What does Jocie say about Raymond?
8. What is the assassination plot arranged for Raymond?
9. What does Jorgenson do after this meeting with Marco?
10. What happens to the American soldiers during this mission?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)