|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shaw think of Marco using words such as "brainwashing?"
(a) He does not approve.
(b) He feels guilty.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He becomes angry.
2. Early the next morning, what interrupts Shaw and the young newspaperwoman in the act of sex?
(a) A sharp and insistent knocking on his hotel room door.
(b) A loud scream.
(c) A crash.
(d) The telephone ringing.
3. What does the man do who forced Marco to sign the paper?
(a) He quits his job.
(b) He pays well for his services.
(c) He commits suicide.
(d) He takes Marco home.
4. Where does Shaw's mother shove Senator Johnny Iselin, Raymond's hated stepfather, for a photo op?
(a) In the car.
(b) On the stage.
(c) On the float.
(d) Up the boarding ramp.
5. For what was the sanitarium built?
(a) The use of alcoholics and recovering drug addicts.
(b) Recovering war veterans.
(c) KGB labs.
(d) Severe mental disabilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Iselin solidify his power in the senate?
2. How does Marco react when he learns he has been propelled to an even higher rank against his will?
3. What does the senator tell Jocie about Raymond?
4. Why can Rosie and Marco now be together?
5. One morning, toward the end of his stay, Raymond awakens to see his mother sitting beside him. How does she appear?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marco meet Rosie?
2. When and how does Raymond first meet Jocelyn?
3. How does Raymond's life change when Marco moves in?
4. What will Raymond Shaw be receiving?
5. Describe the sanitarium.
6. What is learned about Eleanor in this flashback? How does Raymond feel about this?
7. What does Raymond think about his boss?
8. Why do others not like Iselin?
9. Why does Chunjin arrive at Shaw's office?
10. How does Rosie want to help Marco?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)