|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Raymond Shaw the medal?
(a) The Vice President of the United States.
(b) His mother.
(c) The President of United States.
(d) His stepfather.
2. What does he state will happen if the major continues in his attempt at the court-martial?
(a) He will be exiled.
(b) He will be murdered.
(c) He will be held incommunicado and denied all rights.
(d) He will be imprisoned.
3. Where does Shaw's mother shove Senator Johnny Iselin, Raymond's hated stepfather, for a photo op?
(a) On the float.
(b) Up the boarding ramp.
(c) On the stage.
(d) In the car.
4. What does Raymond's mother like about Iselin?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He has no scruples.
(c) He is more handsome than her first husband.
(d) He is wealthier than her first husband.
5. Two years later, Raymond receives a phone call asking him to do what?
(a) Play a little solitaire.
(b) Forget he knows Marco.
(c) Remember what happened in Korea.
(d) Confess his sins.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Raymond respond when the doctor asks him who he dislikes least among his company?
2. Why does the doctor say Raymond would be the perfect assassin?
3. Early the next morning, what interrupts Shaw and the young newspaperwoman in the act of sex?
4. For what was the sanitarium built?
5. How does Raymond commit this killing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the chapter begin?
2. What does the FBI learn about Shaw's trigger?
3. What does this next flashback reveal about Shaw's mother?
4. What is Raymond's costume? What does he think about it?
5. What does Jorgenson do after this meeting with Marco?
6. Describe the sanitarium.
7. What does Jocie say about Raymond?
8. How is a meeting arranged between Marco and Raymond?
9. Why do these two seem happy?
10. How does Marco meet Rosie?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)