|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the chapter begin?
(a) With a list of men who have received the Medal of Honor.
(b) With the reasons why Shaw does not deserve the Medal of Honor.
(c) With a description of the Medal of Honor.
(d) With an exploration of the history of the Medal of Honor.
2. What does he state will happen if the major continues in his attempt at the court-martial?
(a) He will be held incommunicado and denied all rights.
(b) He will be imprisoned.
(c) He will be murdered.
(d) He will be exiled.
3. One morning, toward the end of his stay, Raymond awakens to see his mother sitting beside him. How does she appear?
4. How does Raymond feel about the events surrounding the divorce?
(a) He would resent both of his parents for this scandal.
(b) He never stopped loving his parents.
(c) He would forever resent his father for this scandal.
(d) He would forever resent his mother for this scandal.
5. Two years later, Raymond receives a phone call asking him to do what?
(a) Remember what happened in Korea.
(b) Forget he knows Marco.
(c) Play a little solitaire.
(d) Confess his sins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Raymond have lunch with his mother?
2. Why does Raymond suggest that Marco force an investigation by initiating his own court-martial and charging himself with falsifying the report that led to Shaw's medal?
3. How does Iselin solidify his power in the senate?
4. How does Raymond refer to each event in sequence?
5. What do Raymond and Jocie begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Chunjin arrive at Shaw's office?
2. What will Raymond Shaw be receiving?
3. How does Raymond end up taking a trip to Europe with his mother?
4. How does Marco meet Rosie?
5. How does Iselin's story change?
6. When and how does Raymond first meet Jocelyn?
7. What does Raymond say when Marco tells him about his dreams?
8. Why is Raymond taken to this sanitarium?
9. What is known about Shaw from the beginning of this flashback?
10. How does Rosie want to help Marco?
This section contains 1,135 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)