|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Raymond have lunch with his mother?
(a) At a hotel restaurant.
(b) At her home.
(c) In a small cafe.
(d) In a park.
2. Who does Shaw's American field handler want Raymond to kill?
(a) His boss.
(b) His mother.
3. Who is this beautiful woman?
4. What happens when Marco sits by a beautiful woman on a train?
(a) He begins to yell at her.
(b) He begins to weep uncontrollably.
(c) He gets up and switches seats.
(d) He stares at her.
5. What does the senator tell Jocie about Raymond?
(a) He has joined the army.
(b) He does not love her.
(c) He is gay.
(d) He has died.
Short Answer Questions
1. Senator John Iselin sneaks into a regularly scheduled press conference given by the Secretary of Defense, and very loudly proclaims what?
2. Two years later, Raymond receives a phone call asking him to do what?
3. Early the next morning, what interrupts Shaw and the young newspaperwoman in the act of sex?
4. Who greets Shaw at the airport?
5. What has Shaw's mother, the wife of influential senator Johnny Iselin, arranged?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lieutenant General Nils Jorgenson do when Iselin brings Marco's plan to his attention?
2. What does Raymond think about his boss?
3. What happens to the American soldiers during this mission?
4. Why does Shaw end up in Washington early?
5. What does Raymond's mother do when she finds out about her son's relationship with Jocie?
6. Describe the sanitarium.
7. What does Raymond say when Marco tells him about his dreams?
8. How does Iselin's story change?
9. How do Marco and Chunjin get into a fight?
10. What happens to Marco one night?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)