|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Early the next morning, what interrupts Shaw and the young newspaperwoman in the act of sex?
(a) A sharp and insistent knocking on his hotel room door.
(b) A crash.
(c) A loud scream.
(d) The telephone ringing.
2. What compels Marco to give up women?
(a) Raymond's dislike of all the women.
(b) His desire to find love.
(c) His disturbing dreams.
(d) His realization that he is gay.
3. How does Iselin solidify his power in the senate?
(a) By doing what his voters ask.
(b) By not listening to his wife.
(c) By leading investigative committees and strong-arming opponents with hints of blackmail.
(d) By being a strong leader.
4. How does Shaw's mother position herself and her husband, when Shaw is presented the Medal of Honor?
(a) In the front row.
(b) In front of Shaw and the President.
(c) Behind Shaw and the President.
(d) Prominently in the photos.
5. Why did Raymond's mother choose Shaw for a husband?
(a) He was very handsome.
(b) He was kind and loving.
(c) He was rich and powerful.
(d) She believed she could mold him into an eminently powerful man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raymond's mother like about Iselin?
2. What does this man then give Marco?
3. What do the Marco and Raymond do when Raymond finds out about the fight between Marco and Chunjin?
4. How does Marco change Shaw's whole world?
5. What does Colonel Marco gains the opportunity to submit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Iselin's story change?
2. What happens to Marco one night?
3. What does this next flashback reveal about Shaw's mother?
4. What does Lieutenant General Nils Jorgenson do when Iselin brings Marco's plan to his attention?
5. How does Marco meet Rosie?
6. How does Rosie want to help Marco?
7. What is learned about Eleanor in this flashback? How does Raymond feel about this?
8. What does Marco tell Rosie?
9. What will Raymond Shaw be receiving?
10. What is known about Shaw from the beginning of this flashback?
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)