|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Marco and Raymond do when Raymond finds out about the fight between Marco and Chunjin?
(a) They are silent.
(b) They argue.
(c) They laugh.
(d) They become angry.
2. At one point, what does Mrs. Iselin tell her husband to say?
(a) His wife is a Communist.
(b) There is one Communist at the highest level of the DoD.
(c) He trusts Communism.
(d) He is a Communist.
3. The next day, what does the FBI do to Marco?
(a) They imprison him.
(b) They torture him.
(c) They grill him.
(d) They blackmail him.
4. Why has a local reporter come by to interview Shaw?
(a) Shaw has become an anti-war protestor.
(b) The reporter is an old friend of Shaw's.
(c) Shaw's heroism has granted him celebrity.
(d) Shaw was injured in the war.
5. In a flashback to the Korean War, what are Ed Mavole and Bobby Lembeck doing?
(a) Visiting a brothel.
(b) Taking a nap.
(c) Shooting at enemy snipers.
(d) Standing guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Senator John Iselin sneaks into a regularly scheduled press conference given by the Secretary of Defense, and very loudly proclaims what?
2. How does the chapter begin?
3. What does the man do who forced Marco to sign the paper?
4. Who wins the fight between Chunjin and Major Marco?
5. What compels Marco to give up women?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marco tell Rosie?
2. How does Marco meet Rosie?
3. What does Raymond's mother do when she finds out about her son's relationship with Jocie?
4. Why is Raymond taken to this sanitarium?
5. What happens to the American soldiers during this mission?
6. What does this next flashback reveal about Shaw's mother?
7. What does Raymond tell his mother about Marco? How does she react?
8. What does Raymond say when Marco tells him about his dreams?
9. How does Iselin's story change?
10. What does Senator John Iselin proclaim?
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)