Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing out of Raymond's mouth after his own name?
(a) A marriage proposal.
(b) I love you.
(c) Where am I?
(d) Who are you?
2. Why does the doctor say Raymond would be the perfect assassin?
(a) He is already an assassin and would only need to build a new allegiance.
(b) He is good with weaponry and is already a spy for the Chinese.
(c) He would be accepted everywhere due to his political questions and is susceptible to mental conditioning, because he lacks emotional connections to other people.
(d) He has many friends who would be willing to trust him.
3. Where does Shaw's mother shove Senator Johnny Iselin, Raymond's hated stepfather, for a photo op?
(a) In the car.
(b) Up the boarding ramp.
(c) On the stage.
(d) On the float.
4. In a flashback to the Korean War, what are Ed Mavole and Bobby Lembeck doing?
(a) Standing guard.
(b) Visiting a brothel.
(c) Shooting at enemy snipers.
(d) Taking a nap.
5. What enters the Iselin home once they are lawfully wed?
(a) Iselin's true nature.
(c) Sexual dysfunction.
(d) Iselin's children from a previous marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marco sleep at Rosie's apartment?
2. Who greets Shaw at the airport?
3. From where has Raymond Shaw recently returned?
4. What is the cover story for Raymond's visit?
5. How does Raymond refer to each event in sequence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place at their rendezvous?
2. Of what does Raymond's column consist?
3. What do Raymond and Jocie do?
4. Why do others not like Iselin?
5. How does Raymond's life change when Marco moves in?
6. How does the chapter begin?
7. What does Raymond do to Jocie's father?
8. What happens to Marco one night?
9. What does Raymond say when Marco tells him about his dreams?
10. What does Marco have Rosie do?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)