|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where has Raymond Shaw recently returned?
(a) The Korean War.
(b) The Gulf War.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Vietnam War.
2. Who greets Shaw at the airport?
(a) An army of photographers and his opportunistic mother.
(b) No one.
(c) His mother.
(d) The President of the United States.
3. Does Raymond want to hire this person?
(c) A little.
4. How does Raymond refer to each event in sequence?
(a) In the future tense.
(b) In the conditional tense.
(c) In the present tense.
(d) In the past tense.
5. Who is O'Neil?
(a) The paper's promotion manager.
(b) An editor.
(c) Raymond's boss.
(d) An FBI agent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Shaw concoct a story on the spot about Ed Mavole?
2. Shaw does not recognize this person, but after introductions recalls what about this person?
3. How does Marco sleep at Rosie's apartment?
4. What does he state will happen if the major continues in his attempt at the court-martial?
5. What does Raymond do to O'Neill?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Raymond's life change when Marco moves in?
2. What does Jorgenson do after this meeting with Marco?
3. What is known about Shaw from the beginning of this flashback?
4. Why does Shaw end up in Washington early?
5. What happens to the American soldiers during this mission?
6. How does Marco meet Rosie?
7. What happens between Marco and Shaw, regarding Marco's fight with Chunjin?
8. What does Senator John Iselin proclaim?
9. What does Raymond do when O'Neil insists on throwing a welcome dinner for the Medal of Honor veteran?
10. Describe the sanitarium.
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)