|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he state will happen if the major continues in his attempt at the court-martial?
(a) He will be imprisoned.
(b) He will be murdered.
(c) He will be held incommunicado and denied all rights.
(d) He will be exiled.
2. Who wins the fight between Chunjin and Major Marco?
(a) They tie.
(b) No one.
(c) Major Marco.
3. What does Raymond reveal?
(a) He does not want the award.
(b) He remembers the action that won him the award.
(c) He remembers killing Ed and Bobby.
(d) He does not remember the action for which he won the award.
4. How does Raymond's mother react when he tells her the full story of the major's psychological problems?
(a) She is upset.
(b) She is surprised.
(c) She is anxious.
(d) She is horrified.
5. Why does Shaw concoct a story on the spot about Ed Mavole?
(a) He did not see him die.
(b) He killed him.
(c) He wants Ed to sound like a hero.
(d) He did not know him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor does Shaw mention to his mother?
2. What does O'Neil insist on throwing?
3. Why does Raymond suggest that Marco force an investigation by initiating his own court-martial and charging himself with falsifying the report that led to Shaw's medal?
4. What does this man then give Marco?
5. Why does the doctor say Raymond would be the perfect assassin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the sanitarium.
2. How does the chapter begin?
3. What does this next flashback reveal about Shaw's mother?
4. Why do others not like Iselin?
5. How does Raymond end up taking a trip to Europe with his mother?
6. Why does Chunjin arrive at Shaw's office?
7. Why is Raymond taken to this sanitarium?
8. What is known about Shaw from the beginning of this flashback?
9. How does Rosie want to help Marco?
10. How do Marco and Chunjin get into a fight?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)