|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raymond's mother like about Iselin?
(a) He is wealthier than her first husband.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He is more handsome than her first husband.
(d) He has no scruples.
2. How does Shaw's mother position herself and her husband, when Shaw is presented the Medal of Honor?
(a) Prominently in the photos.
(b) In the front row.
(c) Behind Shaw and the President.
(d) In front of Shaw and the President.
3. What does the man do who forced Marco to sign the paper?
(a) He takes Marco home.
(b) He commits suicide.
(c) He pays well for his services.
(d) He quits his job.
4. How does the chapter begin?
(a) With a list of men who have received the Medal of Honor.
(b) With a description of the Medal of Honor.
(c) With an exploration of the history of the Medal of Honor.
(d) With the reasons why Shaw does not deserve the Medal of Honor.
5. What does he state will happen if the major continues in his attempt at the court-martial?
(a) He will be murdered.
(b) He will be held incommunicado and denied all rights.
(c) He will be imprisoned.
(d) He will be exiled.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Raymond have lunch with his mother?
2. From where has Raymond Shaw recently returned?
3. What compels Marco to give up women?
4. Two years later, Raymond receives a phone call asking him to do what?
5. When Shaw returns to work, from whom does he receive a call, looking for Major Marco?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Iselin's story change?
2. What happens to Marco one night?
3. How does the chapter begin?
4. What does Raymond's mother do when she finds out about her son's relationship with Jocie?
5. What is learned about Eleanor in this flashback? How does Raymond feel about this?
6. What does Lieutenant General Nils Jorgenson do when Iselin brings Marco's plan to his attention?
7. What will Raymond Shaw be receiving?
8. What does Raymond say when Marco tells him about his dreams?
9. How does Raymond end up taking a trip to Europe with his mother?
10. What happens when the President gives Shaw his medal?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)