|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marco change Shaw's whole world?
(a) By showing Raymond the love he has never known.
(b) By paying all of Shaw's rent.
(c) By providing free, ready women every night for both of them.
(d) By cooking all the meals in the apartment.
2. Why does Raymond's mother have no regrets?
(a) She has always done what is right.
(b) She is working for a greater good.
(c) She loves her son.
(d) She is an American.
3. Who greets Shaw at the airport?
(a) His mother.
(b) The President of the United States.
(c) An army of photographers and his opportunistic mother.
(d) No one.
4. Senator John Iselin sneaks into a regularly scheduled press conference given by the Secretary of Defense, and very loudly proclaims what?
(a) He hates the Secretary of Defense.
(b) He is a Communist.
(c) He has a list of two hundred and seven Communists working in the Defense Department.
(d) He wants to be the Secretary of Defense.
5. What has Shaw's mother, the wife of influential senator Johnny Iselin, arranged?
(a) An interview with several national newspapers.
(b) A parade in her son's honor.
(c) A stay in the White House.
(d) A dinner with the President.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raymond do to O'Neill?
2. How does Shaw's mother position herself and her husband, when Shaw is presented the Medal of Honor?
3. What does Raymond's mother do for Iselin?
4. One day, who arrives at Shaw's office at the newspaper and asks him for a job?
5. One morning, toward the end of his stay, Raymond awakens to see his mother sitting beside him. How does she appear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the sanitarium.
2. When and how does Raymond first meet Jocelyn?
3. Why is Raymond taken to this sanitarium?
4. What does Marco tell Rosie?
5. Why does Shaw end up in Washington early?
6. How do Marco and Chunjin get into a fight?
7. What does this next flashback reveal about Shaw's mother?
8. What is known about Shaw from the beginning of this flashback?
9. What will Raymond Shaw be receiving?
10. What happens between Marco and Shaw, regarding Marco's fight with Chunjin?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)