|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Shaw concoct a story on the spot about Ed Mavole?
(a) He killed him.
(b) He did not know him.
(c) He did not see him die.
(d) He wants Ed to sound like a hero.
2. What does Marco do one night?
(a) He moves out.
(b) He throws Raymond out of the apartment.
(c) He wakes up screaming and twisting in the bed.
(d) He does not bring women home.
3. How does Raymond's mother react when he tells her the full story of the major's psychological problems?
(a) She is anxious.
(b) She is horrified.
(c) She is surprised.
(d) She is upset.
4. What does Raymond do to O'Neill?
(a) He punches him in the face.
(b) He slams a door in his face.
(c) He hugs him.
(d) He yells at him.
5. What is the American patrol is quickly conditioned to believe?
(a) They are living in comfortable downtime, drinking Coca-Cola and gambling on a game of cards.
(b) They are in a prison being watched by Chinese and Russian officials.
(c) They are home watching poker played on television.
(d) They are still on the front lines of battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the newspapers print the photographs the next day, what is revealed about a banner saying, "JOHNNY ISELIN'S BOY?"
2. One day, who arrives at Shaw's office at the newspaper and asks him for a job?
3. About what does Marco tell Rosie?
4. What concerns the public?
5. From where has Raymond Shaw recently returned?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Marco and Chunjin get into a fight?
2. What is learned about Eleanor in this flashback? How does Raymond feel about this?
3. What does Jorgenson do after this meeting with Marco?
4. When and how does Raymond first meet Jocelyn?
5. What does this next flashback reveal about Shaw's mother?
6. What happens between Marco and Shaw, regarding Marco's fight with Chunjin?
7. What does Raymond do when O'Neil insists on throwing a welcome dinner for the Medal of Honor veteran?
8. How does Rosie want to help Marco?
9. Why is Raymond taken to this sanitarium?
10. Describe the sanitarium.
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)