|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Johnny begin to struggle?
(a) He cannot remember what his wife has told him to say.
(b) His wife tells him to admit to being a Communist.
(c) During one drunken speech before the Senate.
(d) During a meeting with the President.
2. When does Eleanor Shaw divorce Raymond's father?
(a) When she is six months pregnant with her second child.
(b) When she caught him with another woman.
(c) When she is six months pregnant with Raymond.
(d) Two years after she married him.
3. How does Marco react when he learns he has been propelled to an even higher rank against his will?
(a) He gasps.
(b) He pounds the table in fury.
(c) He screams.
(d) He faints.
4. One morning, toward the end of his stay, Raymond awakens to see his mother sitting beside him. How does she appear?
5. How does Raymond feel about the events surrounding the divorce?
(a) He would resent both of his parents for this scandal.
(b) He would forever resent his father for this scandal.
(c) He would forever resent his mother for this scandal.
(d) He never stopped loving his parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what is Iselin elected?
2. What happens when Raymond's mother finds out about Raymond and Jocie?
3. What do Raymond and Jocie begin?
4. What does O'Neil insist on throwing?
5. Does Raymond want to hire this person?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Senator John Iselin proclaim?
2. How do Marco and Chunjin get into a fight?
3. When and how does Raymond first meet Jocelyn?
4. How does Marco meet Rosie?
5. What is known about Shaw from the beginning of this flashback?
6. What is learned about Eleanor in this flashback? How does Raymond feel about this?
7. What does Raymond think about his boss?
8. Why do others not like Iselin?
9. Why does Chunjin arrive at Shaw's office?
10. Describe the sanitarium.
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)